Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Repairing Found Railjack Items a Bit High?

(XBOX)TheMadCash

I guess this can be both a question & just an overall general discussion. But since Railjack has been out. I have been playing public matches since the players in public match already have significant upgrades than my own. So after playing nothing but Railjack everytime I play Warframe. I earned a few mkII stuff & I went to “repair em”. I only have about half the materials needed.
This isn’t a “the grind is too much. Reduce it!” kind of post but man is it just me or the materials a bit too high to repairs items? Is there some effective method of farming? 

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293
  • Like 2

if you take the time to clear out a empty map, you can collect a ton more resources. Clan researched mk3 is cheaper than repairing wreckage and 'good enough' tell you get decent mk3 veil wreckage.

Don't know if console has the larger ~1k resource mission rewards yet. But once you get the battle avionics Ram or Swarm missiles upgraded a bit. You can cycle the early earth nodes really quickly and do it that way.

Edited by Firetempest

This was addressed in the last dev stream. Steve said that they would be looking at rebalancing the drops to make the repairs easier so repair drones don’t feel like a necessity.  Once everyone comes back from the holidays, keep your eye out for changes to the drop amounts as this is the easiest way for DE to fix the issue.

19 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

You can cycle the early earth nodes really quickly and do it that way.

Pretty sure stuff like Trachons doesn't drop on Earth.

Also, my advice would be, don't bother repairing anything worse than MK3 and with a decent roll on the stats at that. Just join other people's crews while you gather the good stuff. Why waste resources on something you'll replace in a week?

35 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

is it just me or the materials a bit too high to repairs items?

If by "a bit" you mean "by about an order of magnitude", yes, the costs are 'a bit' high. As it stands, it's not worth repairing anything other than high-rolled Mk3 gear. I can't imagine DE's intention when designing the railjack progression system was for players to either completely bypass it or end up regretting not having done so, but here we are.

• Like 1

OOOF... I made the mistake of pushing buttons when I ran into my first MKI salvage parts, now I have like five of these things staring me in the face I have to get through in order to get rid of them from my research que.  DE really needs to have a stop option on these salvage parts and reclaim materials, especially with the random stats....

1 hour ago, Firetempest said:

if you take the time to clear out a empty map, you can collect a ton more resources. Clan researched mk3 is cheaper than repairing wreckage and 'good enough' tell you get decent mk3 veil wreckage.

Don't know if console has the larger ~1k resource mission rewards yet. But once you get the battle avionics Ram or Swarm missiles upgraded a bit. You can cycle the early earth nodes really quickly and do it that way.

I actually wasn’t aware that there was clan researched items. I thought we upgrade our ships through world drops that we had to repair. I’m still learning new things about Railjack. 

41 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

Yes they are. DE themselves said they'll have to look in those to balance them out once the holidays are over and that they just are currently duct-tape fixing it for now by giving higher amount of resources.

I gotcha. I missed probably the last 2 devstreams so I’ll watch the latest vid.

28 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

In my opinion the repair costs would be fine IF we didn't have to wait for 12 hours to get these parts repaired.

The Sigma parts can be built instantly. Why can't the found parts get instantly repaired then?

I did not know there is still a wait time. I haven’t actually repaired anything yet.  

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

I did not know there is still a wait time. I haven’t actually repaired anything yet.  

Yeah every single thing takes 12 hours to repair. So you spend a lot of time collecting recources and then *bam* you get slapped in the face with a long ass build time. At least if they would have set the build time for 1 hour. That would have been ok. Not 12 hours.

Even if they reduce the needed recources I would just rush the repair.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

I earned a few mkII stuff & I went to “repair em”.

Don't repair anything that is not MK III. It's a total waste of materials since you can just get Sigma MK III gear from clan research by now as well as MK III drops and mission rewards from Veil Proxima.

14 minutes ago, Mephane said:

Don't repair anything that is not MK III. It's a total waste of materials since you can just get Sigma MK III gear from clan research by now as well as MK III drops and mission rewards from Veil Proxima.

I gotcha. I’m glad I didn’t. Thanks for the info

14 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

The costs are extremely high. Anything number related in Railjack is completely unbalanced.

completely agree. I tried to have fun through the unbalances. But now that I’m actually trying to earn significant upgrades. It almost makes me wonna wait until they change a few things before I do any more serious grinding. 

27 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Yeah every single thing takes 12 hours to repair. So you spend a lot of time collecting recources and then *bam* you get slapped in the face with a long ass build time. At least if they would have set the build time for 1 hour. That would have been ok. Not 12 hours.

Even if they reduce the needed recources I would just rush the repair.

Here I am thinking “I got to have enough resources to repair 2 upgrades.” Man oh man I wasn’t even over the halfway mark of the resources I needed. Lol but now I know not to waste any resources on found upgrades. So good thing I came here first.  

i've being playing railjack for while
still can't craft any of tier 3 gun because of the crafting cost.
need around 1.4k asterite to craft a vidar cryophon
everytime i do a mission in pub i only get around 60-80 asterite from one mission

Edited by .OwOkin.

4 hours ago, Firetempest said:

Sadly, DE left console Railjack in a pitiful state over holiday break so we do not have the extra resource rewards.

The resource rewards are meaningless, they give you the common components usually like copernics, pustrels, carbides, and cubics.  I have tens of thousands of those already.  Right now the only real valid way to upgrade is just go with the sigma stuff or buy repair drones.  Until DE gets back and tweaks the numbers a bit to be more friendly to people who don't want to or can't spend plat.  

3 hours ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

Here I am thinking “I got to have enough resources to repair 2 upgrades.” Man oh man I wasn’t even over the halfway mark of the resources I needed. Lol but now I know not to waste any resources on found upgrades. So good thing I came here first. 

Really the best way to get new stuff for your Railjack is by jumping into public missions and then using repair drones on the wreckage. 

Grinding for platinum is actually much better than waiting for your stuff to get repaired.

At least that's what I did. I spent 200 plat or even more on those drones.

Things like acquiring titanium require going through the map but after you've done that the first time, it's just too slow and just doesn't add to the gameplay experience and takes away from it. Why am I not getting titanium drops from killing enemies at least? I suspect this is to make people throw that 50 plat down on that instant repair item and I found it to be very openly predatory. If the changes they make when they return aren't on point, it'll decide the future of this game for me. This mode/map/item rewards + their random stats don't work together and so it encourages you to rush rather than pick through the environment and even then, I've seen loot get scattered and vanished or get blown away more quickly than even my archwing can keep up with as I even said goodbye to parts that way.

From my experiences thus far it seems that how expensive they feel is relative to your tolerance for tedium.

You can easily get 15k Titanium in about 3-4 missions if you take the time to clear everything but this takes forever in Solo and in pubs will probably be impossible to get everything before people get impatient.

For those who're just waiting around for Anomaly spawns running Posit Cluster (first Earth node) is an efficient but boring location for Titanium, and the 1.8k Trachons for mk3s can be gotten easily from 2-3 Veil runs if you clear out secondary locations.

Though I feel it's worth pointing out that currently the Railjack system is completely circular, you're playing the mode to get better at playing the mode. So anyone who isn't enjoying the grind might want to wait for a resource booster from their login. Getting up to 10k Titanium and 1k Trachons from one mission is quite satisfying.

for me it's less the common thigns and more common drops like Titanium and Asterite: there were clearly intended to be more expendable resources judging by how much you need, but tright now, they just don't drop enough, even when you spend ages scouring the map (which would be a lot easier with a Vacuum for Railjack btw.). most of the things I'm close to repairing only need these, but unless I grind nothing but railjack for a month straight, I can't repair them. I hope that DE address this upon returning to the office.

21 hours ago, Test-995 said:

Honestly, it doesn't makes sense that repairing wreckage takes MUCH more resources than fabricating weapons/gears.

It really doesn’t. I can spend a total of maybe a bit over an hour to farm materials I need for a weapon without using a loot enhancing frames. But repairing is taking more than a week and I been playing nothing but Railjack. Lol