Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm playing again after a while, what has changed?

Spectrrra

Question

Greetings,

I've stopped playing after burning out, right at the end of Nightwave Season 1, as well as discovering new games. So what has changed since the end of Nightwave Season 1 and how does it work? (The period when Wisp was announced & Hildryn was already out)

This is what I've seen so far (and mostly don't understand yet):

• The Parazon blade, finishers & when you can execute them (I don't get the chance everytime an enemy is low HP), and it's Kuva mods and how to get them
  • Exilus slots for weapons
  • Some melee changes, like the ability to use heavy attacks and extra fancy effects when slamming the ground from above
  • Railjack, which is probably a monster to explain by itself
  • Kuva Liches and their purpose
  • New Warframes & (Kuva) weapons & companions as well as reworks like Wukong
  • New customization options with multiple energy colors & some "emmissive" category

And probably even more stuff I will have to discover for the first time myself! I'm glad that more content has been added to the game. However, I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into from you guys.

Thank you beforehands,

Spectrrra the Nekros & Mesa abuser

4 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, Spectrrra said:

Greetings,

I've stopped playing after burning out, right at the end of Nightwave Season 1, as well as discovering new games. So what has changed since the end of Nightwave Season 1 and how does it work? (The period when Wisp was announced & Hildryn was already out)

This is what I've seen so far (and mostly don't understand yet):

• The Parazon blade, finishers & when you can execute them (I don't get the chance everytime an enemy is low HP), and it's Kuva mods and how to get them
  • Exilus slots for weapons
  • Some melee changes, like the ability to use heavy attacks and extra fancy effects when slamming the ground from above
  • Railjack, which is probably a monster to explain by itself
  • Kuva Liches and their purpose
  • New Warframes & (Kuva) weapons & companions as well as reworks like Wukong
  • New customization options with multiple energy colors & some "emmissive" category

And probably even more stuff I will have to discover for the first time myself! I'm glad that more content has been added to the game. However, I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into from you guys.

Thank you beforehands,

Spectrrra the Nekros & Mesa abuser

The Parazon blade on regular enemies has a ridiculously low hp requirement (5% or so?) so getting enemies to that point is basically impossible.  
Kuva Thralls & Liches are immune to regular death and have to be killed with the parazon.  

Kuva Mods you get from the new Requiem Relics that you get from Kuva Lich missions,  
for those to appear you need a lich tho.  

Exilus Slots for Weapons are just an extra slot to put your convenience mods into,  
if you have too many points left over.

Railjack is Archwing-Fly-Swatter Simulator for early game,  
grab your amesha & imperator vandal, and leave the ship behind as long as you're playing earth proxima missions.

Kuva Liches are supposed to be your personal enemies, 
but they last at best a few hours and days at worst (unless you ignore them),  
they drop the weapon they're using (you control the element to a degree) and if they have one, an ephemera.
you need requiem mods to kill them, et cetera cc bla bla.  
honestly do one, then you're probably gonna just ignore them from then on, it's a bad system atm.

We got new warframes, not much to explain.

Some abilities use the 2nd ability colour to add "contour" and stuff, 
emmissive is what you're showing on your warframe, so you can now put toxin on chroma but still have that red "energy" showing. etc.

vor 27 Minuten schrieb Spectrrra:

The Parazon blade, finishers & when you can execute them

Well the blade was introduced as a hackingtool and to fight liches so you can use it for its own finischers only if the enemy is below 5% hp (if im remeber it right) what most of the times will not happen because we deal a lot of dmg but in kuva lich missions you will use it:

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Spectrrra:

and it's Kuva mods and how to get them

you have to play shipon mission the floot will reward you with a t5 relic that you can then play on kuva fortress to open it 4 different relics for 8 mods total you should have so you can fight off lichs easyly (the mods have only 3 charges everytime you kill or convert a lich you will lose one)

vor 31 Minuten schrieb Spectrrra:

Railjack, which is probably a monster to explain by itself

well the basics would be have a clan with a drydock build on one of the consoles the Chepalon then do the quest after that you will have one there a some ressources you will need to farm for it

vor 34 Minuten schrieb Spectrrra:

Kuva Liches and their purpose

well to get the 13 different Kuva lich weapons and ephemeras but the elemental of the weapon is based on your warfram you choose to kill the larvling with.

hope this small summery helps you somehow

Parazon is mostly only ever usable in lich missions because an enemy not only needs to have the mercy indicator appear above their head (it's random which enemies can have it) but they also need to survive long enough at low health for you to react. From personal experience that doesnt happen a lot in normal missions. The requiem mods are only there for the lich stuff, the regular parazon mods are for mercy finishers and hacking. Requiem mods come out of requiem relics, the fissures for them are in the kuva fortress, the relics drop from lich thralls and kuva siphons.

Weapon exilus adapter blueprints can be bought from syndicates or can be rare drop from the requiem relics. There is only a small number of mods that can be put into the weapon exilus slots: recoil, zoom, ammo mutation, holster speed, max ammo, projectile flight speed. Overall very low improvement for most weapons for the amount of forma needed to fit 9 mods on a gun.

Melee: top melee weapons and mods have been nerfed, basically every other weapon has been buffed significantly. Primed Reach is now flat range so it's a buff for most weapons but a nerf to whips, polearms and the dokrahm heavy blade. A lot of stance changes have happened, leaving some a bit clunky like tempo royale, defiled snapdragon and wise razor. Pure status weapons are kinda dead, we're either doing bloodrush builds, pure heavy attack builds or a hybrid between the two.

Railjack is a clustertruck right now, best leave it alone until DE improves it a lot. it's just not good in pretty much every way right now.

Kuva Liches are kind of a boss enemy that you need 3 out of the 8 requiem mods in the correct order to kill them. To find out the correct sequence you need to do lich missions and mercy finisher the thralls and the lich. The element you get depends on your frame, the weapon and the bonus % of that element are random. You can trade converted liches once. The RNG heavy nature of it makes it very draining if you are hunting for the ephemeras yourself. Wukong rework was absolutely amazing initially, now it's a bit weakened because his exalted weapon got nerfed quite a bit. Defy is gone but he is still very capable of dealing with higher level enemies and cloudwalker makes him one of the fastest frames in the game right now. Ember rework turned out pretty well. Vauban rework improved him but he doesnt really do anything amazing or outstanding so it's kinda meh.

Wisp and Gauss are both great frames, Wisp has amazingly convenient support abilities while Gauss can go pretty fast and has some big self buffs, both are fairly tanky. One of gauss' weapons is very strong: the acceltra (kind of a Warhammer 40k boltor). Kuva weapons are a best gotten by getting liches from other people because the RNG of doing it yourself is pretty bad. Most of them are good except ogris and tonkor.

The colour channel that was energy colour has been split up in 4 different colour channels: emmisives is glowy bits on your frame or weapon, energy is the ability affects and things like revenant ghostly energy emerging from him. The second energy colour is only available after putting atleast one forma in.