Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban suggestions

Vahnstahd

So after playing around with vauban for a bit, I think I shall suggest some QoL/tweaks.

1. roller balls should have a 100% stun chance for the lightning proc if vauban charges it up to all 4.

2. Make Vaubans base armor like 200 or 250.

3. Just remove booster pad at this point and replace it with a defensive mine, maybe a small 6 meter AoE healing bubble that heals % of missing hp from yourself and teamates, kind of like Garuda blood altar, or just ditch the healing and give Vauban a personal shield that applies a shield to himself and teammates, the shield would basically work like nehza's warding halo, get an armor scaling buffed shielded hp, that reduces damage by a base percentage and can be increase with power str up to lets say 90%, until the shield runs out (Vauban is supposed to be the like, defensive citadel warframe). this could open up a ton of build potential on Vauban and let him do things like rage and hunter adrenaline with higher power str and less efficiency and whatnot.

4. Photon strike should do scaling damage in terms of a percentage of the enemies total shields and hp within the AoE that photon would strike imo, or just increase the damage formula to give it a bit more oompf, i feel like flachette orb is more worth spamming than his photon strike, and thats literally just one of his mines compared to a third ability.

5. Bastile and vortex being rolled into one ability is pretty great, and so is the armor buff, the only things I'd suggest is increase the base duration of the armor buff when leaving Bastille to like at least 20-25 seconds, it gets kind of frustrating having to just throw a Bastille randomly to keep the buff going. also id raise the armor buff cap to 1500 armor just to give vauban a little more survival, this would also in turn buff my previous suggestion about booster pad.

(possible bug?)
enemies randomly wont be affected by Bastille and if hit with melee attacks that cause floating status float around in Bastille they sometimes will just ignore Bastille when the float status wears off, also during vortex Bastille steals no armor at all, so then Vauban in turn gets no armor buff and the enemies lose no armor.

All I run is a max 280% range then high duration does about an entire room CC for 30 seconds. Im sure you have seen many play this in ESO, you sit and just shot in the same spot of the vortex. Works in regular missions also. Just make sure to cast Vortex before enemies. Im my honest opinion the rest of the kit isnt that great. Oh yes the Tether ability is useful for locking enemies down also. This is actually the most effective for High index runs because 4 Tether balls will be able to lock all the enemies down and they wont even be able to shot anyone. Learned this from a public Index run.

11 hours ago, kwlingo said:

All I run is a max 280% range then high duration does about an entire room CC for 30 seconds. Im sure you have seen many play this in ESO, you sit and just shot in the same spot of the vortex. Works in regular missions also. Just make sure to cast Vortex before enemies. Im my honest opinion the rest of the kit isnt that great. Oh yes the Tether ability is useful for locking enemies down also. This is actually the most effective for High index runs because 4 Tether balls will be able to lock all the enemies down and they wont even be able to shot anyone. Learned this from a public Index run.

yea i agree also with tether, its very minimal CC I forgot to mention on this post because I forgot it exists from not using it. Also yea I have seen the max range and duration builds, just feels to like... niche where you abandon the rest of his kit to just camp one spot in a mission.