Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EzraEtc

MR 11 - All White

I'd like to personally thank whatever monkey coded the lighting engine.

I'm sorry, that's rude of me. I just attempted the MR 11 test, and I failed because I couldn't see the course. Everything was white, and foggy, and I could just barely see where the ground was, keeping me from being able to navigate the course in any way. Since it was a timed course, this ate up many precious seconds and caused me to fail. From guides, I learned that this was not, in fact, a test of my (poor) colour vision, but meant to be a straightforward obstacle course (with an incredibly high bias to M&K players over controller users, by the by - "great" design having the timer so tight). While I can, apparently, adjust my graphics settings to compensate, the fact that this is what I got when the only setting I have ever changed before is turning off the (frankly eye-bleeding levels of) motion blur means that, by default the lighting puts MR 11 in an unplayable state. A technical issue which means that I must now wait 24 hours to see if I have indeed been able to brute force the graphic settings into a state where I can even make a real attempt at the test (yet another "wonderful" mechanic that absolutely does "not" make my blood boil with how arbitrary and unnecessary it is - I definitely "love" forced padding that makes it harder to learn from my mistakes due to not having them fresh in my mind...when they're even my fault in the first place).

...ahem. Needless to say, I'm pretty pissed off right now.

Went to test MR11 Test with Default Setting + Low Graphics, I can see everything just fine, it is bit bright, but other than that I can complete it with 1min 49sec remains

Its the one with parkour + shooting red balls right? If that so, then I dont see a big problem with it

Alas, I can give you an advice and try to go to Cephalon Simaris to "practice" the MR test before Qualify for it.

Well congratulations on it working for you, I guess?

For me, it is literally - as in, the actual definition of literally, not figuratively for emphasis but actually and truly the literal meaning of the words - impossible to see the ground at more than directly on top of me. No changes to graphics except to disable motion blur. It is not a matter of practice. It is a matter of I am physically incapable of seeing the course.

I've already found a solution, thank you, but the default settings should not be causing such issues.