Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seeing a lot more Excaliber Prime lately...

WanderingJoe

I've been doing a lot of stuff on warframe these days with the start of 2020, and it feels like I've gone from almost never seeing an Excalibur Prime to seeing them all the time. I've seen them in Rail jack, random missions, to even in relays. Its been a vastly exponential rate in which ive seen them, often without any visual customizations, which strikes me as odd, but maybe they're just flying that exclusivity flag high and proud. I'm just curious if this is just a coincidence, a unique experience on my part, or if others have been noticing the same thing.

I will say, it is part pride. Although in my opinion, I do it for self-pride rather than expecting anyone to acknowledge me for it. But I don't do it just for that, I do actually enjoy playing Excalibur as well.

I don't think there's any particular correlation between the new updates and Founders. Most likely anyone running the Prime palette on Excal Prime have been doing it for the longest time.

The thing is, as cool as that Excal prime helm looks, the frame overall has outdated visuals, and unless you use the gold on the accents, it doesn't stand out enough to trigger the plebs who don't have it. So yeah, if you are seeing excal primes that are rollin with the system defauls, it is just that they want you to know.

If i spent that money to be as first support or "founder" of the game then yeah i would be showing of the excal prime too. Its something that many doesnt have and never will get it, nothing wrong about it.

Not only that but its the same thing in everygame, if you have something really rare you show it off. Sadly there isnt many of those things in warframe except excal prime

Or do you expect them to just not use it because someone might get triggered of showoff?

Edited by Itsmez

It's surprising to see one in the wild if you haven't. I mean, it requires founders around playing Excalibur. So the surprise is "wow, he does exist. A lot of him." Don't read too much into what could be confused for someone reading too much into something. X ]

And this is Warframe, we are literally all trying to show off our cool kit all of the time, that is why we play. Or so I've assumed. = ]

I run mine in Railjack from time to time because he's actually a decent boarding frame if rigged right- radial blind and exalted blade clear out the crew pretty fast and reliably. That's the only reason he comes out to play anymore though- and  even then, Nidus or Garuda are still my preferred frames. 

I used Excal Prime because I mostly liked the way he looked, though his base stats aren't that great for a melee frame, his passive is like most early passives - niche as hell - and I don't really care for his powers so much.  Radial Javelin and Radial Blind basically do the same thing for me, one just comes with stealth melee multipliers.  Slash dash is alright, and Exalted blade is another melee weapon, this time with ranged attacks.

Have since moved on to Atlas Prime.  I do haul Excalibur Prime through relays when Baro visits though, or use him for low level missions like Kuva siphons, fissures, etc.  Missions where crap defensive stats and zero power usage is totally doable.

As for why people are running around as the base Excalibur Prime?  Totally for attention.  Most recognizable form of any warframe is the base colors without attachments.  Could definitely use the modern prime treatment with a prime attachments toggle even with his prime skin (for those that prefer his current simplicity.)

Edited by Lost_Cartographer