Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entry 1 – Oct 3, 2013

[DE]Grineeer

So what am I currently working on?...

Over the last couple of days I have finished up and planned out the next 4 weekend events. 2 of these will be introduced as events but will become permanent additions to the game. The first will be coming on our first Wednesday update.

Been arguing with Steve about damage changes to the game (armor 2.0). We have gone in circles a few times on what we are going to change or do -- anything from a violent rewrite of all the damage systems in the game to simple data changes that fixes a few things. I think we are getting close to settling on a final solution. Hopefully I can share with you guys what that is in the coming days - (maybe I can convince Steve to blast out a post about the coming changes if he’s not too busy implementing them).

Work has started on the trade system! I think we have a good solution for this. It will start off small and expand as we measure how the community reacts to it. Clans will be required to create a trading post in their dojo in order to trade. Trades will be like for like, meaning rare items for rare items. Currently trading is locked to Mods, plus weapon and Warframe parts. Blueprints and crafting materials are being considered for addition to the system but may not be in version 1. We are also considering putting a daily limit on the number of trades that can be completed. More details coming as this gets implemented and tested. I think the current plan is to roll this out in Update 11 (this may change!)

Started working on the next Warframe, she will be a non-caster type.

I know some of you will be mad that your issue with the game hasn't yet been addressed here. In the coming days/weeks/months I plan to give you more insight on the inner workings of the development of Warframe.

That's it for now, back to work!

Edited by Grineeer

Yesss, yess weekend events are always always welcome, even it is for a small reward. I just like changes, and new content.

Trade system: This is nice, but not vital. We are hoping for it.

Damage 2.0: This is what I think we all want a LOT, so that more weapons become viable in late game situatons.

Beastiary: This is still something that i would like greatly. Sure the information has been data-mined but I would love to get this into the game.

REQUEST: Can we get survival on defense maps as rare alerts? I really loved that weekend event, it was just amazing fun! Rare mission alerts can be fun also. Maybe a Raid mission alert from time to time?

Edited by valdrak

Mmm, good stuff. Really looking forward to the armor/damage overhaul. It's sorely needed.

Trading is less important to me personally, but it may be a handy option.

Crucially, though, it will be nice to have these two major things at least partially implemented so you guys can move on to other features/content/issues. I know these have to have been tying up a lot of time in discussions and planning.

Sounds interesting - especially armor 2.0 and the new female frame. I'm really wondering what "genre" of abilities she will have. We got fire, ice, lightning, shadow, tank, poison, "space", wind, two types of assassins, industrial... Our current list is pretty awesome. 

Sounds interesting - especially armor 2.0 and the new female frame. I'm really wondering what "genre" of abilities she will have. We got fire, ice, lightning, shadow, tank, poison, "space", wind, two types of assassins, industrial... Our current list is pretty awesome. 

moiTai Warframesn32wn.jpg

Edited by Asuraknight

So what am I currently working on?...

Over the last couple of days I have finished up and planned out the next 4 weekend events. 2 of these will be introduced as events but will become permanent additions to the game. The first will be coming on our first Wednesday update.

Been arguing with Steve about damage changes to the game (armor 2.0). We have gone in circles a few times on what we are going to change or do -- anything from a violent rewrite of all the damage systems in the game to simple data changes that fixes a few things. I think we are getting close to settling on a final solution. Hopefully I can share with you guys what that is in the coming days - (maybe I can convince Steve to blast out a post about the coming changes if he’s not too busy implementing them).

Work has started on the trade system! I think we have a good solution for this. It will start off small and expand as we measure how the community reacts to it. Clans will be required to create a trading post in their dojo in order to trade. Trades will be like for like, meaning rare items for rare items. Currently trading is locked to Mods, plus weapon and Warframe parts. Blueprints and crafting materials are being considered for addition to the system but may not be in version 1. We are also considering putting a daily limit on the number of trades that can be completed. More details coming as this gets implemented and tested. I think the current plan is to roll this out in Update 11 (this may change!)

Started working on the next Warframe, she will be a non-caster type.

I know some of you will be mad that your issue with the game hasn't yet been addressed here. In the coming days/weeks/months I plan to give you more insight on the inner workings of the development of Warframe.

That's it for now, back to work!

Thank you very much for taking the time to talk with "community" us. Scott, all that is important is that you guys try. We all appreciate open communication. Keep up the great work at DE!