Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entry 1 – Oct 3, 2013

[DE]Grineeer

It's very nice to see this, however brief it may be. While I wouldn't even ask you to put out one of these every day, I hope you can give us a couple of updates of this size every week. It's great to be informed.

Keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing more from you.

(Also looking forward to those bugfixes!)

"Work has started on the trade system! I think we have a good solution for this. It will start off small and expand as we measure how the community reacts to it. Clans will be required to create a trading post in their dojo in order to trade. Trades will be like for like, meaning rare items for rare items. Currently trading is locked to Mods, plus weapon and Warframe parts. Blueprints and crafting materials are being considered for addition to the system but may not be in version 1. We are also considering putting a daily limit on the number of trades that can be completed. More details coming as this gets implemented and tested. I think the current plan is to roll this out in Update 11 (this may change!)"

Just wanted to mention this from my point of view, love this idea, and a limit to trades daily seems very fair, maybe even make it were you can trade with each person in different amounts, like one trade a day, and the more you trade the more you can from that person as time goes of, so someone random can only get 1 thing a day, where as your best bud which you play with 24/7 can get 50 trades from you, just a thought, would also help limit people trying to sell stuff for real cash. But the reason I'm commenting here is simple Tower keys, I play on a great Gaming PC and play with Maxed out setting and have Zero Lag, Which allows me to really enjoy the game and makes me a great host for gaming with friends, how ever the three Mates i play with the most are all on Wifi Connections and all have work/lower end Laptops, making where when we are wave 15 on a tower III Defense, you unload 3 Soma clips into a guy and then the game catches up and shows he is dead, and resources and mods fall like its Zero Gravity, just wondering if maybe you could make a Gift system also, or something so that you can still a Void mission with your friends just not limit who has to host, we have about 140 void keys between us, but hardly run theirs because they make us lag so bad its unbearable. Just my 2 Cents on wishing we could trade or gift Void Keys and Orokin Keys cause don't even get me started on the OD Lag.

Edited by MrGambel

Hopefully people will realise that this is only a quick overview of the things going on and not assume that because you are working on these things that everything else is ignored.

Bug fixes and balancing and new content (i know some of this WAS new content, but everyone will always want more :P) and everything else is also being worked on.

Thankyou for the exciting insite! i'm going to checking these posts alot i bet!

Please make her a tank for late game not rhino like who is not tanking past lvl 70

Umm, I Truly Don't mean to insult you but my Mate runs his Rhino With no Forma and can Solo Tower Three Defense Mission and has never died in them. I think its all in how you build them and run them, you really have to learn how a frame works, and how to use it and its skills properly.

That trading system sounds really cool. One issue that might come up is people rapidly switching between clans to trade. Depending on how you see it it could be a different way to play with clans. Kind of like a dozen little darvos popping between clans with their deals.

Work has started on the trade system! I think we have a good solution for this. It will start off small and expand as we measure how the community reacts to it. Clans will be required to create a trading post in their dojo in order to trade. Trades will be like for like, meaning rare items for rare items. Currently trading is locked to Mods, plus weapon and Warframe parts.

You mean I might actually get a Focus Mod (friend who is in my clan has several of them) in u11 if trading makes it in by u11?

LOL.

EDIT: This was not meant to be snide/snippy/etc, just me being tired of wrestling with the RNG. The chance that I might be able to give RNG the finger with the trading system is a very nice feeling/piece of news indeed.

Edited by Xylia

Arguing with Steve... I called it >:)

Please make this a regular thing, Mr. Grineeer!

Any hints? Fire-and-forget abilities? Or *gasp* Passive abilities?

Pretty sure he means fighting abilities. Excalibur and Rhino for instance aren't casters. Their abilities are more combat-oriented. Which are different from Frost, Volt and Vauban, for instance. All of their powers rely on casting something.

Wow, I was kind of holding back on contributing materials in case a trade situation came up.  Glad to see it wasn't in vain.  But you might want to be careful with those trade values, cause Conclave ratings are seriously lopsided...

Work has started on the trade system! I think we have a good solution for this. It will start off small and expand as we measure how the community reacts to it. Clans will be required to create a trading post in their dojo in order to trade. Trades will be like for like, meaning rare items for rare items. Currently trading is locked to Mods, plus weapon and Warframe parts.

Yay! Warframe: The Card Trading Game!

Would be interesting to see a "request" system as well, where i put up a duplicate and valuable mod that lots of people want, and request something else in exchange. Then i just leave the offer there until someone fulfills it.

Sort of like EVE does it with the contracts system. (except only for item type vs item type, so no asking 100 plat for a card. Just a card for another card, or a part for another part for instance)

Edited by Renan.Ruivo