Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entry 1 – Oct 3, 2013

[DE]Grineeer

I'm kind of disappointed that trading won't let me dump all my spare prime parts and warframe part BPs on my clanmates who're just starting out without them having something equal in value to trade. :(

Since the main part of this game currently is to farm for those hard and rare to find blueprints, giving these items for free to clanmates would somewhat kill the longevity of the game. At least with this system, you can trade a rare item you obtained that you didn't actually want for another rare item that you DO want. It's a good way to help with the current RNG problem (Not the ONLY thing DE should implement though. I still say a token system on top of this trading system on top of the basic RNG system would be glorious.)

Been arguing with Steve about damage changes to the game (armor 2.0). We have gone in circles a few times on what we are going to change or do -- anything from a violent rewrite of all the damage systems in the game to simple data changes that fixes a few things. I think we are getting close to settling on a final solution. Hopefully I can share with you guys what that is in the coming days - (maybe I can convince Steve to blast out a post about the coming changes if he’s not too busy implementing them).

Work has started on the trade system! I think we have a good solution for this. It will start off small and expand as we measure how the community reacts to it. Clans will be required to create a trading post in their dojo in order to trade. Trades will be like for like, meaning rare items for rare items. Currently trading is locked to Mods, plus weapon and Warframe parts. Blueprints and crafting materials are being considered for addition to the system but may not be in version 1. We are also considering putting a daily limit on the number of trades that can be completed. More details coming as this gets implemented and tested. I think the current plan is to roll this out in Update 11 (this may change!)

I'm gushing all over the floor. You told us about what you're working on, gave a fairly detailed report about what it would do (Or as far as your current knowledge can with the hope to share more info in the future), and hopefully, will tell is exactly how it will work, when you're sure of the final product, before implementing it.

I said it before but, this is what I want. Even if the case turned out that I disagreed with your current thought on a subject, this is what I've always wanted.

Edited by Haldos

I Know this isn't the best place to suggest such a thing, But I've been known to give ideas about GameSages, Events, Changes to improve game, (mostly to DE Steve before I deployed)

Anyways! I'd love to see a Infested warframe, One that has a backstory of being awoken with infested cells that fuzed his powers. Power 1 being Healing Aura like the infested healing ancient gives a few bursts of healing within a distance, Skill 2 Like the meelee Ancient give it an attack Booster Or like extend one of the arms and make it punch through everything infront of it. Skill 3 Open for ideas or something similar to the kamikaze infested make the warframe expend its current shields and do 3x shield damage in an explosion radious (thus giving it intense damage potential at a risky price). and make its final skill 4 its back story of pre infested it was a laser tenno make its enormous Left arm thats currently infested flip up or out of its chest do a super Blaster thats has a 2 second channel but INTENSE damage output.

Major redesign, please. I hate to impose, but my view is that scaling causes the current armour system to be fundamentally flawed, as has been displayed by one forum member (whom I cannot bring to mind). 

Look, for example, at the mod system. The switch to the card-type mods, passive stat-increments and fusion from the skill-trees has done a world of good, and I believe that a change of similar magnitude to the armour system could fix it entirely.

Thanks a lot of giving us these journals to digest, it makes waiting a bit easier.

I'm really looking forward to the trading system and the fact that it's not public.

As for the damage rewrite, the biggest downside in the current system would be that AI is the only damage type useful against every faction, and the only one that has kept up with armor scaling on higher levels. Personally, I found your idea with AI mods becomig damage converters the most sensible, as it allows for greater customizability without punishing yourself with subpar efficiency. How much damage do I want to convert to AI vs. how much elemental special effect procs do I want sounds like a fun question to ask yourself.

Non caster Warframe huh?

Well since there were a possible 2 warframe classes favored by the public in the past I was expecting the berserker class and the shapeshifter class. 
So I guess we will have a female berserker soon. :)
I think this will be the perfect design for her:
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/125/f/2/war_frame_for_fun_by_getakobu-d64a965.jpg

With the trading, will the trade post mean that its only between members of a clan?  Also, why not put a bracket price on items that can be sold for plat (e.g. what stalker pack is 3 weapons and a colour palette for 800 plat.  800-75 for palette is 725.  three weapons left.  725 / 3 = 231.66*.  231.66 - 26 (for catalyst and half of the cost of two weapon slots) = 205.66*.  Have the blueprints for each stalker weapon only be able to be sold for between 100 and 200 plat).  This would allow people with excess blueprints to get plat, and for people wanting to buy single stalker weapons to get them at a reasonable price.  The amount of items in-game would not change, and for plat to be used in these, people must buy plat, still giving income to DE.  It could also be set up like TF2's trading, where you can only trade for plat or using plat if you have bought founders or plat.  Just some thoughts.

Thanks, Grineeer!

So this trading thing means you can't just 'give' someone something and he will have to 'trade' something in return, right?

Also, I don't think you need to be told this but just to be a smartass, watch out for the possibility of duping stuff and all that.