Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rebalance suggestion for Railjack reactors

Ohforf3

Honestly the choice of house for the reactors is a no brainer due to Avionics points only being expanded by the reactor so no one will go for anything but the capacity favoring house and the other 2 are pointless to even exist.

My suggestion to create a balance and validate the other 2 houses even existing is to make the avionics and flux increase the same for all reactors in the tier and move the effects from the houses to a system used in another game I played with party ships.  The reactor produces heat based on the power demand and it's built in cooling system works to dissipate that load with damage occurring if you go over the safe operating range.  Different houses will focus on max safe load VS cooling rate with all the other ship systems heat up the reactor as they are used.

Needless to say heat load would need to be factored into the other components and avionics to flesh this out.

Id remove the RNG from the avionics capacity entirely and just have it set by house. Add in another bonus to the reactors to make the ones with less avionics have a substantial boost to some status. Such as zetki having +50 avionics +xxx flux capacity and then something like up to 2000 additional heat capacity to all weapons.

The lavan can have +75 avionics and some weaker bonus stat, something like more boost capacity/regeneration or something.

And the vidar one can have +100 avionics and an even weaker bonus stat. So like +100 to +500 hp or something.

Yeah, Avionics Capacity really shouldn't be RNG or even variable. This is BY FAR the most important stat of a Railjack given just how much of its performance is tied up in Avionics, so I personally feel this should be static per Tier. Instead, have each reactor offer different amounts of some other stat. Lavan could offer extra Flux Energy as currently, Vidar could offer a higher capacity for Revolite and Zetki could offer a higher capacity for Ordinance and Dome Charges. It's clear that we're just going to have to grin and bear the RNG, but fundamental mechanics like "mod capacity" really should not be subject to it.

I think each of the house manufacturers has a bunch of monkeys working for them.  

Can you imagine if cars worked like this?  For example, me and a friend both drive a Dodge ram 1500 (exact same model), but let's say mine 400hp but my buddies gets 150hp and only 3 tires....

RNG on parts is not only bad game design (for fun, it's great for creating a Skinner box), it's not even realistic.  

If you want to create mutiple models mark 1-100, great, but random stats sucks.  While I'm currently enjoying game mode, the parts RNG is the worst thing in game. 

Edited by Educated_Beast

7 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

I think each of the house manufacturers has a bunch of monkeys working for them.  

Can you imagine if cars worked like this?  For example, me and a friend both drive a Dodge ram 1500 (exact same model), but let's say mine 400hp but my buddies gets 150hp and only 3 tires....

RNG on parts is not only bad game design (for fun, it's great for creating a Skinner box), it's not even realistic.  

If you want to create mutiple models mark 1-100, great, but random stats sucks.  While I'm currently enjoying game mode, the parts RNG is the worst thing in game. 

I both agree and disagree with getting rid of random stats.  The house parts are damaged and not working right.  I think instead of making us just hope RNG gives us something better than what we already made, make the parts require fine tuning after repair.  You get a Mk3 Vidar part let RNG determine how far out of spec it is once we get it functional.  Then as we get more Mk3 Vidar salvage we can tune the part to bring it stats back to 100%.

In my opinion I think we should get random stats on the parts...but then be able to with enough materials and time with our crafting stations be able to improve them.

So for example you get that zekti reactor of 50 avionics plus 150 flux....and your friend gets a vidar with 97 avionics and 90 flux and another friend gets the vidar with the 100 avionics and 100 flux,.....

Seriously why should you all have to compare so much......it should be possible with the advanced technology.....in that universe to repair and recreate and fix stuff.

So in essence we should all have an upper 100 avionics maximum and 200 flux or whatever.

The only difference in the end should be the random extra bonus.....and the houses should dictate what material you need to not only repair...but to upgrade and maximize your device.

Game play-wise...it would a million times more satifiying to players if they did get that low end reactor....and where able to supe it up and repair it and make it go to maximum....because not only did they take the time to do it....but also...because their reactor is different.

people will say...yeah I have a vidar reactor over and over...and then there will be those that will say....well I have a sigma....stock reactor...that I built up to your level.

and think of the plus sides....when you share your railjack builds.....and I am sure that will be implemented....people will be trying to copy what you have.....and be mystified how you have a great part you built up that they don't have.

I think the build up process that I suggest should require not the exact same house items found....nor the exact same items(reactors for reactors as an example)....but should require the items we get in drops to speed up the process.

Ie we can break them down to vidar...or we can use them to enhance or speed up the crafting times of the things we are improving.

And yes I think the base time for crafting should be 24 hours to 48 hours.

I am tired of the entire spend platinum to speed things up.....sure that should be allowed...but let people use parts and found stuff too......and give some badges for those people doing it.

Like the Canabalism achievement (for using 50 items to speed up or to craft to enhance other items)

should have multiple tiers of that achievement too....and maybe they should give a glyph or title along with them.....so you can look at the player as they have the added addition of King Canabal on their name.

Ok that's probably too much stuff.....and I admit I could go on for hours with ideas and concepts.....I played way too many games