The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk: no place for the reluctant ?

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

if you exclusively use Elude, Desolate Hands, with a sprinkle of Lull - then Baruuk Abilitywise functions very much like a Pacifist.

a Hypertank with some CC. which works fine.

Just a thought... how would Guardian Derision work with him? You take no damage when not attacking. Use Derision to quickly build up combo then unleash it with Hvy hits on sleeping mobs. With Zen focus to keep it all rolling.

Edited by (XB1)YouBitePi11ows

You realize that, in-universe, all of the Warframes were designed to be weapons from the moment of their conceptualization right? Many are weaponized poeticisms molded by Ballas from creative inspiration. Baruuk is a weapon inspired by the idea of a pacifist pushed to violence. That doesn't make Baruuk a pacifist.

On 2020-01-02 at 11:11 PM, Padre_Akais said:

That's my understanding as well.

That said, Wukong is super tanky and enjoys a whole extra Wukong swinging a whole extra Iron Staff around now...and it still puts out tons of damage.

Seems legit when comparing their individual TTL's (that's just me though, I like tanky and effective and don't care that much about speed)

Except Iron Staff deals pitiful damage now. Like pre-Rework levels of damage. A second Wukong doesn’t fix that. And yeah he’s tanks, but so do most frames. The only major use Wukong has anymore is running spy vaults with his 2.

well I see 3 people that have no idea how much worse off Wukong is since The recent melee changes.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

6 minutes ago, (XB1)YouBitePi11ows said:

Just a thought... how would Guardian Derision work with him? You take no damage when not attacking. Use Derision to quickly build up combo then unleash it with Hvy hits on sleeping mobs. With Zen focus to keep it all rolling.

i'm sure you could do it but it sounds like something of a waste of time, just having your Melee out is already going to gain hits when any of the nearby Enemies attack you, you might cap the Hit Counter a few seconds faster with Guardian Derision but it's already going to fill plenty quickly enough as it is and if you're going to spam Heavies you're using ilttle of your Hit Counter so you don't need to gain it back ASAP.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

i'm sure you could do it but it sounds like something of a waste of time, just having your Melee out is already going to gain hits when any of the nearby Enemies attack you, you might cap the Hit Counter a few seconds faster with Guardian Derision but it's already going to fill plenty quickly enough as it is and if you're going to spam Heavies you're using ilttle of your Hit Counter so you don't need to gain it back ASAP.

Nvm doesn’t work. Baruuk is again what Wukong was before his rework... elude bot

Edited by (XB1)YouBitePi11ows

23 hours ago, ChaosSabre said:

I still find it funny that probably the most effective way to play baruuk is to ignore his 1 and 2 and just go ham on power strength and use your 3 and exalted.

3 makes you basically invincible with a arcane grace and adaptation and keeps your exalted fuel meter going.

Ignore his 2 how u gonna build massuce amounts of restraint on just daggwra takes alot

8 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

and enjoys a whole extra Wukong swinging a whole extra Iron Staff around now...

The clone isn't entirely great with melee however, it's one of my major complaints post-rework. It has to run into the enemy to attack, rather than using the full range of the weapon.

Really affects how much damage it actually outputs.

23 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yeah and so has every other person who’s tried to defend Serene Storm’s build.

Hey, I'm just saying that Serene Storm works just fine for what it's designed for. It's got style and can power through the star chart and for me, that's all it needs to do. Anything extra is just icing on the cake and being able to punch groups of mooks at range for extra damage makes for some tasty icing.

That being said, please don't assume I'm some try-hard that does Sorties and ESO ad infinitum who's also a raving fan of Baruuk, because I'm not. I like Baruuk and use it from time to time because the 'Frame brings some interesting abilities and play style to missions, but Oberon's my main.

23 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

but this blind belief that his 4 is a good exalted weapon is honestly starting to make me hate his fans.

So what's your idea of a "good exalted weapon" anyway? That it be able to one-shot Sortie-level content?

I'd also add that hate's a rather strong word to be using, which suggests you have some tolerance issues towards people and you seem to be taking this too personally. This is ultimately a game and people like different things in it for different reasons. If those people are not negatively affecting your game-play experience, just...let them be.

Edited by MirageKnight
Spelling :P

2 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Hey, I'm just saying that Serene Storm works just fine for what it's designed for. It's got style and can power through the star chart and for me, that's all it needs to do. Anything extra is just icing on the cake and being able to punch groups of mooks at range for extra damage makes for some tasty icing.

That being said, please don't assume I'm some try-hard that does Sorites and ESO ad infinitum who's also a raving fan of Baruuk, because I'm not. I like Baruuk and use it from time to time because it brings some interesting abilities and play style to missions, but Oberon's my main.

So what's your idea of a "good exalted weapon" anyway? That it be able to one-shot Sortie-level content?

I'd also add that hate's a rather strong word to be using, which suggests you have some tolerance issues towards people and you seem to be taking this too personally. This is ultimately a game and people like different things in it for different reasons. If those people are not negatively affecting your game-play experience, just...let them be.

A good exalted weapon is one that clearly has a superior performance over the best weapons of its shares category. There are normal melee weapons that deal far more damage than Serene Storm. The Nikana prime for example can kill higher level enemies faster than Serene Storm. So it begs the question “Why use Serene Storm at all if your normal melee weapon is better?”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

“Why use Serene Storm at all if your normal melee weapon is better?”

Because it's fun to use and it does what it needs to do for me just fine? Sometimes I like to change things up a bit for variety. Sometimes I like to smack mooks upside the head with a staff, sometimes I like to go Wolverine on fools, sometimes I like to play whack a mole with a hammer.

Not everything has to be "God Tier" to be useful or enjoyable. And unlike most people, I'm not obsessed with "big numbers" or what the latest meta happens to be.

Ultimately, I play to have fun. If a given weapon (or 'Frame) looks cool and is fun and useful to me, I keep it. If not, in the trash it goes.

Just because I dislike, for example, Valkyr's Hysteria / Claws, it doesn't mean I can go to someone and say "You like Hysteria? That ability's trash and you should feel bad for liking it."

The Nikana prime for example can kill higher level enemies faster than Serene Storm.

That's nice to know but completely irrelevant to me as I don't fight dumb sponges like most people do.

As a guy who uses Baruuk fairly often I can say that Serene Storm is fun, but it does have falloff issues even nearing Sortie 2-3 levels of Grineer armor.

Still makes hamburger meat out of most Corpus and Infested though.

Really it is quite telling that the quality of a weapon these days is judged by "Can it one-shot a level 300 Bombard?" but then again...the only things that can usually stand up to higher end firepower are the spongy Grineer and Grineer also tend to make weak weapons worse just by existing.

I'm honestly hoping that DE can at some point rebalance things so the major question of a weapon's quality isn't "Can it kill Grineer quickly?".

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Because it's fun to use and it does what it needs to do for me

Yeah and you actively admitted to not pursuing high level content. Shouldn’t a frames damage ability actually be able to perform on the same level as the other, better, damage abilities? Do I have to remind you that Baruuk has 1 hell of grind to acquire him and his performance clearly does not respect that time investment?

Why are you against buffing Serene Storm? It should be as simple as “If I have fun with this frame then DE should buff his abilities so people that player harder content than I do can also enjoy this frame because they’d actually be able to use the frame at higher levels”.

4 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Really it is quite telling that the quality of a weapon these days is judged by "Can it one-shot a level 300 Bombard?"

I literally only want Serene Storm to scale up to atleast 140-150 before seeing a major falloff in damage. We already have to build up and maintain a seperate meter the least they could do is make The ability worth it.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I literally only want Serene Storm to scale up to atleast 140-150 before seeing a major falloff in damage. We already have to build up and maintain a seperate meter the least they could do is make The ability worth it.

Oh I know that, I just mean in general.

I've been fiddling with several thrown secondaries lately and I've just been disappointed in how...useless they are against Grineer on average. The armor levels even around 50-ish start making many weaker weapons just feel like an unmodded Lato

Also Impact damage needs to not be bad against all flesh types other than Infested...really the negative against Cloned Flesh is another component as to why Impact locked weapons are so...mediocre. But that'll likely take a long time because DE.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

Oh I know that, I just mean in general.

I've been fiddling with several thrown secondaries lately and I've just been disappointed in how...useless they are against Grineer on average. The armor levels even around 50-ish start making many weaker weapons just feel like an unmodded Lato

Also Impact damage needs to not be bad against all flesh types other than Infested...really the negative against Cloned Flesh is another component as to why Impact locked weapons are so...mediocre. But that'll likely take a long time because DE.

I’ve never noticed the negative against flesh due to the fact that if you’re attacking flesh that means they have no damage resistance. My problem is with impact having a positive against armor and how that means absolutely nothing due to armor granting damage residence.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RunningChaos said:

Baruuk exists because DE is running out of ideas. Not easy coming up with truly new Warframe ideas.

That’s the same excuse Rebecca made to try and justify why all of Revenants abilities are just cheap knockoffs of other frames abilities. Only for literally every frame to come out after Revenant to have unique abilities and mechanics. 
Baruuks a unique frame. yeah his 3 has a little overlay with novas nullstars but that’s about it.

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I’ve never noticed the negative against flesh due to the fact that if you’re attacking flesh that means they have no damage resistance. My problem is with impact having a positive against armor and how that means absolutely nothing due to armor granting damage residence.

The thing with the -25% against flesh types is that it also stacks on top of the armor resistance, that is a another component for why Impact is bad against Grineer I find.

I mean if I deal 100 damage to a Grinner with 100 Cloned Flesh and 300 Ferrite Armor after reduction to the flesh I'll deal only 75 due to the 25% resistance, and then the armor reduction makes it weaker because the 300 armor gives it 50% damage resistance on top of that, which then turns that 75 into roughly 37-ish damage. Assuming I've done the damage calculations right.

Basically the negative 25% from Cloned Flesh is stacking with the natural DR and making Impact far worse than it already may be.

Yeah and you actively admitted to not pursuing high level content.

Yeah...so what's your point? I don't care for it but you do. So that means you're right?

Why are you against buffing Serene Storm?

I never said I was nor did I imply that. Don't put words into my mouth.

But I guess since YOU only play at start chart levels then DE should just nerf all the frames to only perform at those levels because apparently everything revolves around YOU!

I was perfectly willing to acknowledge and consider your point of view...right up until you wrote this. That's a personal attack and a strawman, so your argument is not only irrelevant and fallacious but you just made yourself an enemy in my book with your presumptuous and hostile attitude.

GG.

Edited by MirageKnight
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Yeah...so what's your point? I don't care for it but you do. So that means you're right?

I never said I was nor did I imply that. Don't put words into my mouth.

Personal attack and strawman. Your argument is irrelevant and you just made yourself an enemy in my book. GG.

I gave you a very good reason as to why your justification for keeping Serene Storm bad is terrible. if you weren’t against the idea of buffing it you wouldn’t be arguing with me, now would you?
You refuse to consider other players and the content that ,while you don’t want to play, they do. But yeah no go ahead and call that a straw man argument. You’re just showing your entitlement more.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

But I guess since YOU only play at start chart levels then DE should just nerf all the frames to only perform at those levels because apparently everything revolves around YOU!

That's actually how the game is supposed to be designed now. The balance cutoff in this game is around 150-ish currently and goes up yearly.

Serene Storm and Iron Staff both perform in these areas so what are you talking about exactly?

...That they should be equal to EB? They shouldn't.

Spouting hyperbole to get stuff buffed is precisely why the game is as jacked up balance wise as it is now.

The worst part about baruuk is his multiple anti synergies and flawed mechanics. 

you can dodge projectiles (but not AoE) EXCEPT when you attack, which is, ya know, something important to do in warframe. 

his 1 makes no sense when his kit has not 1, not 2, but 4 possible forms of damage reduction available, leading many people (myself included) to just never bother using his 1. On DR alone he can be nearly as tanky as trinity and nidus!! Who needs to dodge projectiles then. 

his 1 and his 2&3 are anti-synergistic because his 1 requires people to attack him to lose restraint Guns are the easiest way to do this, but his 3 destroy enemy guns (slowing restraint loss with 1) and his 2 puts enemies asleep (also slowing restraint loss with 1.) oh, and did I mention the stupidity that his 1 being active doubled the range of your 3!! Because having a defensive ability that deactivated when you attack (the only one in that game that acts like this) isnt bad enough, it also MAKES IT HARDER TO KEEP YOUR DR!!

his 3 (the main form of DR) can be thrown at allies and enemies with no control by the baruuk player, meaning you either build for low range to not lose daggers, gimping your 2 range, or you build for high eff and tanking duration, meaning you might as well not use your 1 (which again, many dont.) 

his 4 has pitiful status chance and was only super viable before melee 2.99999* because of CO. Now its only viable because of how batS#&$ crit can be on baruuk, but even then you notice the damage fall off early on due to armor. 

Baruuk has a lot of potential and is In my top 5 most enjoyable frames but the design decisions on this frame are just so confusing 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

That's actually how the game is supposed to be designed now. The balance cutoff in this game is around 150-ish currently and goes up yearly.

Serene Storm and Iron Staff both perform in these areas so what are you talking about exactly?

...That they should be equal to EB? They shouldn't.

Spouting hyperbole to get stuff buffed is precisely why the game is as jacked up balance wise as it is now.

THEY DON’T FFS! Have you even tested Iron staff on its own without the gladiator mod crutch? I have. And it does extremely low damage to level 100 armor. I didn’t even bother to test it with gladiator mods installed because it’s damage was so pitifully low there was no way it was going to get improved by discount Blood Rush. But hey if you want to throw 320% power strength on Wukong to get the staff to actually perform at level 100+ go right ahead.

Serene Storm does moderate damage against level 100 armored enemies, there’s no way it scales well into level 150.

They 100% need to be on the same level as exalted blade (Serene Storm should actually be above EBs performance because it’s restraint restriction). Otherwise what’s the point of them being exalted weapons in the first place? Why waste the extra energy or burn through the restraint if they weapons aren’t event worth using over your normal melee weapon?

I wouldn’t be spouting hyperbole if I wasn’t dealing with people who think they only way to make things good is by keeping them bad and just remain ignorant to the fact that they’re bad.

It's instance based horde shooter.  There has never been a non violent option and I can't recall any one really asking for it before.  It's not that kind of game and frankly any attempt to implement it would be just as tedious as stealth gameplay due to the base game design.  The effect on gameplay outcomes and and the reward will never really match the time and effort it requires in current game modes.

Edited by Aggh

I dunno about you guys who think Serene Storm is bad, i'll just keep one-shoting rank 5 Liches lifebars in one-tri hits and....did you say "armored enemies" hoho no problem, a single click from my 100% status chance armor stripper weapon of choice (hello kuva brakk), don't mind if i do haha.

Edited by lukasystem