The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk: no place for the reluctant ?

6 minutes ago, lukasystem said:

.did you say "armored enemies" hoho no problem, a single click from my 100% status chance armor stripper weapon of choice (hello kuva brakk), don't mind if i do haha.

If you have to use a secondary to strip armor to make Serene storm useable, then serene storm is not good. A exalted weapon should never require another weapon to be viable

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Padre_Akais said:

Spouting hyperbole to get stuff buffed is precisely why the game is as jacked up balance wise as it is now.

It's really refreshing to see that some older players actually recognize this problem. Thanks.

That's actually how the game is supposed to be designed now. The balance cutoff in this game is around 150-ish currently and goes up yearly.

Serene Storm and Iron Staff both perform in these areas so what are you talking about exactly?

Agreed. I tend to avoid Sorties and ESO when possible because reasons, but that's not to say I DON'T play them when circumstances deem it necessary. Built right, Baruuk is quite capable of pounding level 80-90 Grineer into ground cloned beef.

58 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

his 4 has pitiful status chance and was only super viable before melee 2.99999* because of CO. Now its only viable because of how batS#&$ crit can be on baruuk,

The devs clearly never intended for Storm to do status, but it absolutely does make up for it in crit damage.

1 hour ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

but even then you notice the damage fall off early on due to armor. 

Shattering Impact is a big help when dealing with Grineer. Just saying.

1 hour ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

the design decisions on this frame are just so confusing 

They can be, so not going to argue there.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Have you even tested Iron staff on its own without the gladiator mod crutch? I have. And it does extremely low damage to level 100 armor. I didn’t even bother to test it with gladiator mods installed because it’s damage was so pitifully low there was no way it was going to get improved by discount Blood Rush. 

Yup... It's OK. One could even call them both pretty good.

Is it EB? No... But neither should it be.

As for you comments? Even if I hadn't actually had occasion to test either skill (I actually have as I prefer tanks to dps), I still couldn't take anything you say seriously on the matter...

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

But hey if you want to throw 320% power strength on Wukong to get the staff to actually perform at level 100+ go right ahead.

Because of stuff like this. ↑

You mean you wouldn't want to slot the one attribute that buffs every single ability on Wukong?

That said, I have run Wukong against higher than lvl 100+ mobs (Kuva liches included) and had no issues with Iron Staff's performance.

It's the hyperbole that makes it hard to take you seriously bud.

46 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Serene Storm does moderate damage against level 100 armored enemies, there’s no way it scales well into level 150.

and this ↑

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I wouldn’t be spouting hyperbole if I wasn’t dealing with people who think they only way to make things good is by keeping them bad and just remain ignorant to the fact that they’re bad.

That's just more hyperbole bud.

I'm not even going to say that the abilities in question aren't wonky (restraint as a mechanic for the skill needs to have it's own theme song and be OHK'ing mobs if you are keeping thematically appropriate) but you have people haring off in the wrong directions on where those abilities needs are imo.

That said, it takes no effort for me to read what you wrote and see that it's hyperbole from an objective standpoint.

Marvel Heroes had a real good(imo) solution for this by having hero specific forums spaces...Then people could discuss specific frames amongst other fans of that specific frame.

Cuts down on all the extra nonsense and DE would have a list of things to think about when the time comes to update/refresh existing frames.

24 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Really? I never noticed that...I stand corrected.

That being said, they probably should.

I agree. Honestly, baruuk reminds me of old oberon. He has good ideas and concepts but need some number tweaking and minor mechanic changes and he’d jump from C/B- to B+/A tier. 

changes: 

Make elude active even when attacking. No reason baruuk should be the only frame penalized for doing what every other frames does. 

make desolate hands not gain 2x range while elude is active and remove them flying to allies. Both are pointless and counterproductive for what you want desolate hands to be used for. 

Serene storm needs to go from 10% status to 20, allowing it to combat armor in some form. (Pulled from a thread on the warframe feedback) Allow SS to generate energy per enemy hit/killed since baruuk cannot reliably use rage to generate energy. Allow SS to generate combo multiplier at a reduced rate per enemy hit, and allow it to use mods like shattering impact. 

57 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Shattering only applies from the hands actually hitting the targets. The air waves baruuk uses do not apply shattering impact

No the waves do apply shattering impact, to test go to simaris and spawn a butcher. One hit from SS will completely remove all of their armor.

That is unless DE stealth changed it in some update.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

No the waves do apply shattering impact, to test go to simaris and spawn a butcher. One hit from SS will completely remove all of their armor.

That is unless DE stealth changed it in some update.

For that to work they wouldve stealth buffed it first. In all my tests (granted they were months ago but no changes have happened since) shattering never worked with waves

5 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

For that to work they wouldve stealth buffed it first. In all my tests (granted they were months ago but no changes have happened since) shattering never worked with waves

They always worked for me, you should try that test. I used it with a toxin only build against level 170 index guys and without shattering impact it would have been impossible to kill them.

Edited by (XB1)Skiller115
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Aldain said:

"Can it one-shot a level 300 Bombard?"

Bombards are now weaker than Exo Grineers (such as heavy gunner variant),
If you guys are looking for a good grineer sponge for testing out your build.
You may find and scan them from the veil missions, inside exo crewships/platforms.

The discussion is going off-track but I can't close it, so better let it be 😛.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

A good exalted weapon is one that clearly has a superior performance over the best weapons of its shares category.

i don't agree at all - a good Ability Weapon does something different from normal Weapons, something that they don't already do.

otherwise, either one or the other is useless and it's generally going to be the Ability that loses if it isn't unique.

4 hours ago, Aldain said:

I'm honestly hoping that DE can at some point rebalance things so the major question of a weapon's quality isn't "Can it kill Grineer quickly?".

and then we'll be back to "what has the most AoE to hit as many Enemies at once".

54 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

and remove them flying to allies.

that would be horrible. that you can share your DR is one of Baruuks' greatest features. you can Recast at any time anyways, so after sharing, Cast up some more Daggers, no big deal.

• Like 3

Yup... It's OK. One could even call them both pretty good.

Is it EB? No... But neither should it be.

As for you comments? Even if I hadn't actually had occasion to test either skill (I actually have as I prefer tanks to dps), I still couldn't take anything you say seriously on the matter...

Because of stuff like this. ↑

You mean you wouldn't want to slot the one attribute that buffs every single ability on Wukong?

That said, I have run Wukong against higher than lvl 100+ mobs (Kuva liches included) and had no issues with Iron Staff's performance.

It's the hyperbole that makes it hard to take you seriously bud.

and this ↑

That's just more hyperbole bud.

I'm not even going to say that the abilities in question aren't wonky (restraint as a mechanic for the skill needs to have it's own theme song and be OHK'ing mobs if you are keeping thematically appropriate) but you have people haring off in the wrong directions on where those abilities needs are imo.

That said, it takes no effort for me to read what you wrote and see that it's hyperbole from

Iron staff was literally melting level 100s before melee phase 2. How you’re fine with it now being worse than normal melee weapons is beyond me

Strength does not benefit all of Wukongs abilities. It only benefit his 4, and his 3 (tho you’re not really using his 3 for damage). So way to go on straight up lying. You want a balanced build on Wukong but if you want Iron staff to be even remotely useful you have to build a ludicrously over coated build that leaves the rest of his abilities worse off. 

you just said that Serene Storm scales up to level 150. And now you’re agreeing with me that it doesn’t? Make up you’re mind. 

So not only are you lying you’re also being extremely inconsistent in what you are saying. I remember now why I hate arguing with out.

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Iron staff was literally melting level 100s before melee phase 2. How you’re fine with it now being worse than normal melee weapons is beyond me

Yes and the rest of his skills were lackluster..Now they are all good.

That's called balance.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Strength does not benefit all of Wukongs abilities. It only benefit his 4, and his 3 (tho you’re not really using his 3 for damage). So way to go on straight up lying.

Reading is fundamental...go read.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Wukong#Abilities

All of his abilities are modified by Strength...All of them.

So who is "straight up lying"?

5 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

you just said that Serene Storm scales up to level 150. And now you’re agreeing with me that it doesn’t? Make up you’re mind. 

Really? I dare you to quote me.

Go ahead...

Quote where I have said specifically that Serene Storm was balanced to lvl 150....Then quote where I have specifically agreed with you.

Don't tell me what you imagined I said...Quote specifically what I said.

I'll wait.

12 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Yes and the rest of his skills were lackluster..Now they are all good.

That's called balance.

Reading is fundamental...go read.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Wukong#Abilities

All of his abilities are modified by Strength...All of them.

So who is "straight up lying"?

Really? I dare you to quote me.

Go ahead...

Quote where I have said specifically that Serene Storm was balanced to lvl 150....Then quote where I have specifically agreed with you.

Don't tell me what you imagined I said...Quote specifically what I said.

I'll wait.

His 1-3 were already incredibly good. Nerfing his 4 doesn’t magically make them better. It just makes Wukong worse.

Just because an ability’s specific stat can be improved with strength doesn’t mean building exclusively for strength is a good idea. Wukongs 2 requires duration to be good, not strength. Anybody that knows anything about modding a Warframe is aware of this. You’re clearly not one of them.

“150-ish currently and goes up yearly.

Serene Storm and Iron Staff both perform in these areas so what are you talking about exactly?“

and your “agreeing with me” point was the “^this” in response to me saying that there’s no way in hell Serene Storm can scale up to level 150. Tbf you literally only said that and didn’t follow it up with anything.

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Just because an ability’s specific stat can be improved with strength doesn’t mean building exclusively for strength is a good idea.

I mean.....why wouldnt you build for strength on abilities that clearly benefit from strength mods? That's like saying you wouldnt put range on saryn because building a frame around a specific aspect isnt a good idea. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Idk what builds you've been using, but serene strom can be incredibly powerful when modded correctly, I've looked at proper builds and you can teach dmg levels up to a million when Billy properly. Please learn to build.

I’ve dropped 5 forma into Baruuk and his exalted weapon. I’ve been half tempted to throw an Umbral forma on Desert Storm just to fit the Sacrifical mods. I’m literally the only person in my alliance that defends Baruuk. I run 250% power strength and have Desert Storm currently built for crit, damage and attack speed. It’s gone through several variations before. I can technically kill level 100 armored enemies but the amount of time it takes is significantly slower than most of the melee weapons I use. I’m the last person you want to insult when it comes to understanding Baruuk. Serene Storm is a weak exalted weapon.

But go ahead and tell me how if you just use heavy attacks it’s strong. An exalted melee weapon should not under any circumstances have to rely on heavy attacks to actually deal damage. Especially not Serene Storm where all it’s unique stuff is everything that’s not it’s heavy attack.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

I mean.....why wouldnt you build for strength on abilities that clearly benefit from strength mods? That's like saying you wouldnt put range on saryn because building a frame around a specific aspect isnt a good idea. 

Because they don’t actually benefit from strength. It’s not the stat you want to build for them.

its like putting all strength on Nova to bump up Nullstars damage. It doesn’t make any practical sense.

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

that would be horrible. that you can share your DR is one of Baruuks' greatest features. you can Recast at any time anyways, so after sharing, Cast up some more Daggers, no big deal.

The DR isnt a viable support method because of how it interacts with enemies. Allies cannot keep the daggers for any reasonable amount of time, And rarely do you get more then 3-5 daggers on an ally anyway. Then they walk away and the daggers go away so it was useless for them to be there anyway

34 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

His 1-3 were already incredibly good. Nerfing his 4 doesn’t magically make them better. It just makes Wukong worse.

Just because an ability’s specific stat can be improved with strength doesn’t mean building exclusively for strength is a good idea. Wukongs 2 requires duration to be good, not strength. Anybody that knows anything about modding a Warframe is aware of this. You’re clearly not one of them.

“150-ish currently and goes up yearly.

Serene Storm and Iron Staff both perform in these areas so what are you talking about exactly?“

and your “agreeing with me” point was the “^this” in response to me saying that there’s no way in hell Serene Storm can scale up to level 150. Tbf you literally only said that and didn’t follow it up with anything.

Don't paraphrase me sport...I said quote me.

You won't because you can't without appearing foolish.

40 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well... More foolish.

I am, at least, glad that you now admit that all his abilities are modified by Strength.

41 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Because they don’t actually benefit from strength. It’s not the stat you want to build for them. Is this fact just not registering for you?

...Contradicting yourself between posts.

The only fact in question at this point regards how you constantly confuse your opinion for fact.

2 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

The DR isnt a viable support method because of how it interacts with enemies. Allies cannot keep the daggers for any reasonable amount of time, And rarely do you get more then 3-5 daggers on an ally anyway. Then they walk away and the daggers go away so it was useless for them to be there anyway

any benefit is more than no benefit, and all it costs you is some Energy, nothing expensive. it's a small price to pay for helping your Allies more.
it's just Energy.

On 2020-01-02 at 3:46 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

It all boils down to, Concept Vs Reality and sadly that's been the case with most Warframes lately, sounds cool on paper, is terrible in-game.

On 2020-01-03 at 8:16 AM, RunningChaos said:

Baruuk exists because DE is running out of ideas. Not easy coming up with truly new Warframe ideas. I personally think they should stop making new frames and focus on new tilesets, missions and enemies. You can only have so many original frames before you start overlapping in abilities and function.

With what we both said above, there are a few ideas on to make his concept become what it was designed to be and not what it is now. But likewise, it is a idea that alot of folks might not agree on, due to the nature of how it will work. And then you have the other half who "wah-don't like change"

But an real proven point is, that they've "done" with Vauban and still yet meny want tweaks/changes and what is the result of that "replace him with a female version"