The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk: no place for the reluctant ?

11 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

Don't paraphrase me sport...I said quote me.

You won't because you can't without appearing foolish.

Well... More foolish.

I am, at least, glad that you now admit that all his abilities are modified by Strength.

...Contradicting yourself between posts.

The only fact in question at this point regards how you constantly confuse your opinion for fact.

I’m not paraphrasing. I literally grabbed your actual quote. I didn’t grab the second quote because grabbing the first one reset my reply for the second time in a row. And I didn’t feel like having to write everything down a 4th time.

This isn’t a hard concept to understand. Just because strength affects an ability DOES NOT MEAN that is the stat you should be building that ability for. Cloud Walker does not become a more practical ability with strength. It becomes a more practical ability with duration. Same goes for Defy. While it gets more damage out of strength, that damage is worthless at higher levels so you’re better off with having duration so the armor buff lasts longer. So building exclusively for strength on Wukong is a bad idea. How many times do I have to repeat this?

How bout you stop cherry picking your issues with my my arguments and just admit you’re wrong.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

5 minutes ago, (XB1)bioblaze10656 said:

Thats what i thought idk what this guy means that daggers with a strength build is better then sleeping a group of enemeis

Idk what this other guy means saying that if an ability is benefitted by a stat you should build for regardless of whether or not it’s the practical decision. So I guess we’re in the same boat.

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

How bout you stop cherry picking your issues with my my arguments and just admit you’re wrong.

How about you take your own advice instead, hmm?

My point was that your comments are so filled with make-believe that you contradict yourself constantly.

I've already made my point...It's obvious to anyone having read this thread. 

As such,  I don't need to "cherry pick" what you say because everything you say is suspect.

You may now continue pretending to know what you are talking about.

hace 17 horas, (PS4)CommanderC2121 dijo:

If you have to use a secondary to strip armor to make Serene storm useable, then serene storm is not good. A exalted weapon should never require another weapon to be viable

Seriously? you gonna say a weapon is sh1t because it takes an additional click or two? (or two more buttons on a PS4 controller)

Tell me a single melee weapon that would one shot a +160 level Nox without armor reducing stats like Corrosive + Heat.... by that statement any weapon would be trash against armored, i mean... hello? it's got armor for a reason, and there's armor reducing stats for a reason too.

Edited by lukasystem
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lukasystem said:

Seriously? you gonna say a weapon is sh1t because it takes an additional click or two? (or two more buttons on a PS4 controller)

Tell me a single melee weapon that would one shot a +160 level Nox without armor reducing stats like Corrosive + Heat.... by that statement any weapon would be trash against armored, i mean... hello? it's got armor for a reason, and there's armor reducing stats for a reason too.

2 million damage? Pff WEEAAAAK

15 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

How about you take your own advice instead, hmm?

My point was that your comments are so filled with make-believe that you contradict yourself constantly.

I've already made my point...It's obvious to anyone having read this thread. 

As such,  I don't need to "cherry pick" what you say because everything you say is suspect.

You may now continue pretending to know what you are talking about.

The only point you’ve made is that you have no idea what the hell you’re talking about. And that’s even further reinforced by the fact that you chose to insult me instead of contradicting my point. Because you’ve been backed up into a corner and you’re out of BS you can pass of as argument. The things you tried to defend are some of the most asinine insanity I’ve seen in months. I even went to my alliance and told them your “Build Wukong exclusively for strength” and they all agreed it was the dumbest thing they’ve ever read. You’re a fraud and you’re a troll. Whether you realize that or not I don’t care.

1 hour ago, lukasystem said:

An exalted weapon should never have to rely on heavy attacks to actually deal damage.  Especially not when said exalted weapons main feature has absolutely nothing to do with heavy attacks.

I can hit  for like 30k with a 12x heavy attack on a crappy sheev build. That doesn’t mean sheev is a good weapon. This is the same problem arguing about Serene Storm has when CO was good. I’d say “Serene Storm is a bad exalted weapon” and someone would be like “well if you put CO on it and stack a bunch of Status on the enemy first then Serene Storm is good”. That’s not SS being good that’s CO being good. And the same thing applies here. SS design a 2 mil heavy attack doesn’t make SS good. It  just means heavy attacks in general are strong. And then that leads into the whole argument of light attacks shouldn’t be made bad just to make heavy attacks more appealing.

and all this is without taking into consideration that the only way to reliably build combo with Serene Storm is by blocking. Which in itself is already terrible.

Don't you think you're possibly thinking too much about the game?

You can play passively or aggressively with a lot of frames/abilities.

With Slowva I can simply run past enemies or kill them with ease due to their slowed movement.

Then I guess I could make a thread talking about how Nova is either too passive or not passive enough and her 4 should be this or that because I stayed up late picking apart lore cause I need a hobby.

On 2020-01-02 at 5:57 AM, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

Pacifist themed, I think, is a better way to think of it. He’s a pacifist the way John Wick is a pacifist in the beginning of John Wick.

the devs described him as john wick so I would say that is the best fit.  

On 2020-01-02 at 3:30 AM, blimsoon said:

Maybe there is no point in using this "reluctant/pacifist" themed frame at all in a game that never really care about non-lethal playstyle.

what he does is not die and make targets easier to kill. that and deal with the rifraff faster than most other exalted weapons frames can but he is hard to build and a shade under tuned none the less he is one of my preferred frames for disruption beating out Valk despite Valk having higher single target DPS. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lukasystem said:

did I ever say Serene storm was S#&$? Better check my words, because no, I didnt. I said “If you have to use a secondary to strip armor to make Serene storm useable, then serene storm is not good.”

You’re statement came with the qualifier that made it seem like you had no issue with armor ONCE you stripped a bit with a brakk. That is what I was replying to

Tell me a single melee weapon that would one shot a +160 level Nox without armor reducing stats like Corrosive + Heat...

redeemer prime

. by that statement any weapon would be trash against armored, i mean... hello?

Thats a false equivalence 

Edited by (PS4)CommanderC2121

On 2020-01-02 at 2:35 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Unfortunately his 4 sucks for damage.

You're doing it wrong then. I'm getting 2 million yellow crits on fully armored lvl 160 gunners with Baruuk's 4th, before condition overload stacks.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Morthal said:

You're doing it wrong then. I'm getting 2 million yellow crits on fully armored lvl 160 gunners with Baruuk's 4th, before condition overload stacks.

Heavy attacks dealing buttloads of damage doesn’t make bad weapons good. Also CO is trash. It’s been trash for like 2 months now. You’re also bringing up the very issue I had with arguing about Serene Storm before Melee phase 2. So for the sake of my sanity and consistency I’m gonna talk about this in the context of pre-phase 2. If an exalted weapon, something that is exclusively tied to one frame and requires energy to cast and maintain, requires a crutch like CO and a multi Status gun to perform on the same level as the other exalted melees then is a bad exalted weapon. Requiring 3 steps to do something that other things can do in 1 is bad.

Now when taking the phase 2 changes into consideration. Serene Storm is technically the second strongest exalted melee weapon. But that is a very very distant second to Exalted Blade. And the reason it’s currently better than Hysteria and Iron Staff is because it wasn’t gibbed by the removal of combo affecting light attacks.

Now I could go into more things like how Baruuk has no real convenient way of building up combo because his fists push enemies away from you, how having heavy attacks doesn’t justify its light attacks being worthless past level 80, how his light attacks are the highlight of Serene Storm so making them the weakest part doesn’t make any sense. But honestly I’m getting a little tired of repeating myself to people who can’t be bothered to read past my first comment on this thread.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Heavy attacks dealing buttloads of damage doesn’t make bad weapons good. Also CO is trash. It’s been trash for like 2 months now. You’re also bringing up the very issue I had with arguing about Serene Storm before Melee phase 2. So for the sake of my sanity and consistency I’m gonna talk about this in the context of pre-phase 2. If an exalted weapon, something that is exclusively tied to one frame and requires energy to cast and maintain, requires a crutch like CO and a multi Status gun to perform on the same level as the other exalted melees then is a bad exalted weapon. Requiring 3 steps to do something that other things can do in 1 is bad.

Now when taking the phase 2 changes into consideration. Serene Storm is technically the second strongest exalted melee weapon. But that is a very very distant second to Exalted Blade. And the reason it’s currently better than Hysteria and Iron Staff is because it wasn’t gibbed by the removal of combo affecting light attacks.

Now I could go into more things like how Baruuk has no real convenient way of building up combo because his fists push enemies away from you, how having heavy attacks doesn’t justify its light attacks being worthless past level 80, how his light attacks are the highlight of Serene Storm so making them the weakest part doesn’t make any sense. But honestly I’m getting a little tired of repeating myself to people who can’t be bothered to read past my first comment on this thread.

Yeah I saw the later posts about some video someone posted, but I've been doing buttloads of dmg well before that post and long before melee 2.9999. Most people just don't know how to build Baruuk, heavy attacks are not needed and imo take way too much animation time. 

11 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It's only a game, why you heff to be mad?

hace 33 minutos, (PS4)CommanderC2121 dijo:

did I ever say Serene storm was S#&$? Better check my words, because no, I didnt. I said “If you have to use a secondary to strip armor to make Serene storm useable, then serene storm is not good.”

You’re statement came with the qualifier that made it seem like you had no issue with armor ONCE you stripped a bit with a brakk. That is what I was replying to

redeemer prime

Thats a false equivalence 

The fact that you stated redeemer prime, presumably 'cause if you hit the breakable glass and the head, it deals the damage it is meant to deal, basically justifies my suspect. 

you're basically this guy:

And no, it's not a false equivalence, any weapon that tries to deal a certain amount of damage, even if the resistance is met, needs to reduce the armor if present in the enemy, in order to deal the damage it's supposed to. 

So i'm not gonna discuss this matter any further with you. For armored enemies, you need to reduce their armor (i.e corrosive and heat), for the same reason they're meant to exist in this game, period.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Morthal said:

Yeah I saw the later posts about some video someone posted, but I've been doing buttloads of dmg well before that post and long before melee 2.9999. Most people just don't know how to build Baruuk, heavy attacks are not needed and imo take way too much animation time. 

Ok then explain to me exactly how you’re getting 2 mil damage with light attacks against level 160 grineer.

hace 1 hora, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 dijo:

An exalted weapon should never have to rely on heavy attacks to actually deal damage.  Especially not when said exalted weapons main feature has absolutely nothing to do with heavy attacks.

I can hit  for like 30k with a 12x heavy attack on a crappy sheev build. That doesn’t mean sheev is a good weapon. This is the same problem arguing about Serene Storm has when CO was good. I’d say “Serene Storm is a bad exalted weapon” and someone would be like “well if you put CO on it and stack a bunch of Status on the enemy first then Serene Storm is good”. That’s not SS being good that’s CO being good. And the same thing applies here. SS design a 2 mil heavy attack doesn’t make SS good. It  just means heavy attacks in general are strong. And then that leads into the whole argument of light attacks shouldn’t be made bad just to make heavy attacks more appealing.

and all this is without taking into consideration that the only way to reliably build combo with Serene Storm is by blocking. Which in itself is already terrible.

Another thing tho, try it with a standard critical strike chance and tell how many hits does it take to kill a rank 5 kuva lich.

Just now, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Not really I'm just saying your taking this a little to seriously but meh I stopped taking you seriously a while ago.

I’m taking this seriously because Serene Storm being bad has been my biggest gripe since Baruuk was released. It’s honestly the only reason I think people believe he’s so bad. I like Baruuk, and seeing people crap on him when he’s honestly not that bad just because his exalted weapon sucks is infuriating. I want Serene Storm to be good because I want Baruuk to be actually considered a good frame.

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I’m taking this seriously because Serene Storm being bad has been my biggest gripe since Baruuk was released. It’s honestly the only reason I think people believe he’s so bad. I like Baruuk, and seeing people crap on him when he’s honestly not that bad just because his exalted weapon sucks is infuriating. I want Serene Storm to be good because I want Baruuk to be actually considered a good frame.

I guess I'm in the 1%of people that like serene storm the way it is. Besides it'll take de 3 years before they even think of touching baruuk considering how he's practically gotten no attention since release. So meh.

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

I guess I'm in the 1%of people that like serene storm the way it is. Besides it'll take de 3 years before they even think of touching baruuk considering how he's practically gotten no attention since release. So meh.

He literally didn’t even get a feedback thread. And settling for mediocrity when improvement can and should be made is not how you help make the game better.