The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk: no place for the reluctant ?

8 minutes ago, lukasystem said:

The fact that you stated redeemer prime, presumably 'cause if you hit the breakable glass and the head, it deals the damage it is meant to deal, basically justifies my suspect. 

you're basically this guy:

And no, it's not a false equivalence, any weapon that tries to deal a certain amount of damage, even if the resistance is met, needs to reduce the armor if present in the enemy, in order to deal the damage it's supposed to. 

i agree. This is why serene storm is weak. Not because of its damage, but because it cannot deal with armor. 

8 minutes ago, lukasystem said:

So i'm not gonna discuss this matter any further with you. For armored enemies, you need to reduce their armor (i.e corrosive and heat), for the same reason they're meant to exist in this game, period.

Glad we agree. I said this already, but glad you came around to my thinking in the end

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

He literally didn’t even get a feedback thread. And settling for mediocrity when improvement can and should be made is not how you help make the game better.

There have been countless posts on making x frame better and de's response time has been slower than a snail. Baruuk is no different 

1 minute ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

There have been countless posts on making x frame better and de's response time has been slower than a snail. Baruuk is no different 

Well he literally only needs his 4 buffed, and maybe his 1 and 3 antisynergy removed.

Hopefully we actually get some form a buff to exalted melees as a whole. Phase 2 gibbed them by removing the combo multiplier and not increasing base damage to compensate, and nerfing CO into uselessness. Literally the only reason Exalted Blades performance remains unchanged is due to its 100% Status chance and corrosive heat combo.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well he literally only needs his 4 buffed, and maybe his 1 and 3 antisynergy removed.

Hopefully we actually get some form a buff to exalted melees as a whole. Phase 2 gibbed them by removing the combo multiplier and not increasing base damage to compensate, and nerfing CO into uselessness. Literally the only reason Exalted Blades performance remains unchanged is due to its 100% Status chance and corrosive heat combo.

The fact that exalted melees didn't get buffed is a massive oversight and is really telling me the competence of de currently.

On 2020-01-02 at 11:20 PM, SordidDreams said:

Yup. Like you said, a pacifist frame in a game that's all about killing people is a silly idea. I remember Steve and Rebecca said in an interview (with Mogamu, I think?) that there are no frame concepts that ended up on the cutting room floor, they used every single one they came up with. Welp, this is the result. There's a good reason why they teach you to brainstorm first, chuck away the garbage ideas second, and only then start working on the remaining good ones. But no.

Good thing your not required to play any frame you don't like. 

Guys, it's a GAME.

DE got the inspiration from pacifist movements and the retired reclutant warrior concept. That's it.

It's not like for each frame there has to be a game mode that fits them, thematically speaking.

SInce we're here, why don't we talk about the elephant in the room, aka Excalibur not being stuck in a rock? 

And really, all these talks about pacifism in a war game while Octavia stands in the corner taking millions of lives with her sick dance moves and good vibes.

3 hours ago, NigglesAU said:

Baruuk is basically warframe's "Monk" isnt he?

After reading all comments above, about XXX millions damage dealing, how to optimize Baruuk with 20 formas.... blah blah blah....
You may cross out a word "Monk", this killing machine is nowhere near a monk.
Maybe "John Wick" is more suitable.

Edited by blimsoon

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 6:36 AM, blimsoon said:

All of his CC is ineffective bacause temporarily disarming all enemies in the area does not complete most mission objectives,

... lull sleeps them, not disarms. They do nothing for the duration unless awoken by taking damage, or nullifiers.
Also, when disarmed by Desolate hands ( the daggers ) it's permanent, their gun is gone.
There's no temporary disarm, it's either complete temporary pacification or permanent disarmament.

Exterminate? it's in the name, killing is required. They're not shooting back so extermination does fit as a name.
Defence? Wave advance requires kills, so that one is on the game mode as well, even though sleeping enemies aren't much threat to the objective
Assassinate? only one kill is required
Capture? same as Assassinate
Excavation? Only the Power carriers need to die for the cells they carry, so a minimal casualty mission type is possible
Mobile Defence? Again, they're not shooting, and kill is optional. There's no target limit on the lull, you can complete it without a single kill if you so choose
Sabotage? only the target equiptment, which sometimes counts as a kill
Spy? No kills required, though some things like cameras count as kills
Hijack? no kills required.
Rescue? no kills required
Defection? no kills required
Survival? Toss up, you do normally need the capsules they carry, so you'll likely have to kill some if you want more than the bare minimum time, but that minimum is possible on lockers and towers alone

Basically, you have many of the same options and strategies as an Ivara sleep arrow build, except she does it in a smaller radius from invisibility while Baruuk has the kit to stand in the open and hit the entire tile and not fold in a second.

And as for Desert Wind sucking, it quite doesn't. Trying to move the goalposts and qualify it with ' oh, but it relies on other things to be at peak effectiveness, so it's useless ' is like saying Mesas regulators suck because you get the most out of them with arcanes and mod support, or relying on the crutch of Excals Chromatic blade augment, Or Hildryns invulnerability pingpong, or any other skills that work in tandem with other skills, weapons, mods, or strategies to be at their peak.
The argument Desert wind sucks boils down to ' It's not an I WIN! one button solution that exists independant of any other factors ' , which is exactly the issue with other frames that have one and are problematic because of it ( also boring and cheese-tastic ).
It could use combo counter timer reset on wave contact though ( but not increment, as the waves multi-hit the entire room or hallway usually  ), so you can build with a regular melee and hold while using it more easily.

40 minutes ago, Xyngrr said:

... no kills required

I was wrong about using his CC to help with most objectives without killing. 
However, in an actual gameplay, I rarely see Baruuk in those missions at all. 

42 minutes ago, Xyngrr said:

And as for Desert Wind sucking, it quite doesn't.

Desert Wind performs OK in my opinion, but It's not in my list of preference since I already have better ways.

Yeah, Baruuk is nowhere near as common as the more easily gotten other frames. You have to think about how you're going to mod and play him to meet the balance of options you want for your best personal fun:work gameplay. Those factors along with the deliberate and oft-repeated misconception that his desert wind is bad lessen his popularity. It's not uncommon to have people ask what the floaty things are or just instinctively run away from the things zipping at them.

The deeper issue with non-lethal completion is it being far more difficult to both detect and reward without it becoming superfarm 2.0. Sure it can be done quite successfully in many modes, but it's more a niche interest the player has to want to go after because it really is easier and often faster to go in genocidal.

Personally I like frames that offer that as an option, so Baruuk is a go to for me both for the tankiness and room clearing when needed, and the option to take a more reasoned approach and leave the wetwork to the rest of the team if it seems appropriate.

14 hours ago, blimsoon said:

After reading all comments above, about XXX millions damage dealing, how to optimize Baruuk with 20 formas.... blah blah blah....
You may cross out a word "Monk", this killing machine is nowhere near a monk.
Maybe "John Wick" is more suitable.

I mean, some monks are peaceful, yes, but others train in about 50 forms of whoopass throughout their life, so its not entirely incorrect to call him a monk. 

i prefer to imagine baruuk to be like a monk from D&D, who focuses on unarmed combat, high evasion abilities and a focus on rapid enemy dispatchment