Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery 6 Vauban build

Fluffegan

Question

Hi,

I’m Fluffegan.

So, I’ve been playing Warframe for just over 100 hours now, but I’m having some trouble progressing any further than I currently am (Tyl Regor on Uranus). I am at mastery rank 6 and I am using a Dell G3 to play the game, so it runs smoothly. I have some questions to ask about the game, because I feel like I have bitten off more than I can chew.

My experience so far and mods

I love the game, it has been one of the best I have ever played, and I’m hooked. I love all the customization options, the weapons and the satisfying gameplay. I can put up with the grindy aspect of Warframe but it is not the most enjoyable thing, and the art style is a bit… Questionable. I am trying not to spend money on the game, but so far I have bought 20$ worth of plat (4$ because I had the coupon code for 75% discount.) I used this to buy weapon and Warframe slots. For the most part I have just been gathering as many Warframes as I can. So far, I have gotten my hands on;

·        Rhino

·        Vauban

·        Frost

·        Limbo

·        Oberon

·        Mesa Prime (constructing)

(Not counting Excalibur). Out of all of these, Vauban is my favorite because all his abilities are usable, and he is challenging to utilize correctly. I want to main Vauban. I have looked on Reddit, warframeschool.com, the wiki and the forums for any builds I could do on him. I could find none. All the builds had too many endgame mods that I could not buy with platinum without spending any money. I only have half of the mods required to make the build on warframeschool.com, but I have some platinum to buy mods from warframe.market.

So, my question is: what mods should I buy, and should I get a potato for Vauban?

Mods that I have are: Energy Siphon, Intensify, Streamline, Stretch and Vitality

Star Chart

I think I have progressed too quickly on the star chart, because I have asked for help from advanced players for almost every boss fight I have had to do. I want to defeat Tyl Regor on my own, with a proper build and good weapons.

Weapons

I have a fair number of weapons, but the ones I have enjoyed using the most are;

·        Cernos (bow)

·        Grakata (gun)

·        Kunai (throwing knives)

·        Cestra (pistol)

·        Bo (staff)

·        Silva and Aegis (sword and shield)

With Vauban I like using the Cernos, Cestra and Silva & Aegis, which I feel does not suit his kit that much but has not been hard to use with him. Are there any good weapons I need to get to better suit Vauban?

Companions

I have a Kubrow and two sentinels; the default one and the Shade. I like using the Kubrow but his loyalty kept going down, so I have put him in stasis. How do I keep his loyalty at 100% with only 3 interactions per day?

Edited by Fluffegan

4 answers to this question

48 minutes ago, Fluffegan said:

what mods should I buy, and should I get a potato for Vauban?

For more build varieties, you need to get the corrupted mods:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Corrupted_Mods

These mods allow you to enhance one ability attribute by sacrificing another attribute (that you don't need).

For example, if you want a high range vauban but you don't really care about strength, then you could equip "Overextended"

Augur mods are also needed for vauban to further extend the enhancement without sacrificing anything:
See Augur set mods in https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Set_Mods

I suggest putting potato into vauban unless you are going to grab his prime version soon. The prime version is currently unseal and should last 1~2 more months before the vault is sealed again. The keyword for searching is how to farm relics and prime parts .

I think I have progressed too quickly on the star chart

Not a problem at all. Eventually you would be grinding on some nods to farm corresponding things, progressing on the star chart would just mean you unlocked the entrance.

Are there any good weapons I need to get to better suit Vauban?

There is no signature weapon for Vauban. 

While weapons that synergy with vauban skills should have the ability to hit multiple enemies in a group with punch-through. One of which is the ignis (wraith).

I have a Kubrow and two sentinels; the default one and the Shade. I like using the Kubrow but his loyalty kept going down, so I have put him in stasis. How do I keep his loyalty at 100% with only 3 interactions per day?

iirc Kubrow loses 40% loyalty per death. If you can't keep it alive and revive it all the time, kubrow is not ready for you yet. Some people would put them into stasis and bring them out to interact after day reset.

To enhance the survivability of kubrow, you need the "link Health", "link armor", and the "Pack Leader" to heal it when you hit enemies with melee.

Kavat on the other hand would not lose loyalty on death, so you might consider getting a cat over dog.

Having said that, less loyalty means it deals less damage (max -50%). Besides that there is no negative impact.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

Hello friend, I will try my best to give you some tips to enhance your warframe experience

1. Since you mentioned that you bought platinum, I would highly suggest that you invest it wisely into permanent things eg warframe slots, weapon slots etc or even skins. DO NOT use platinum to rush items in fondary or anywhere else. It's better to grind resources and mods rather than buying them upright from market or other players.

2. Do not sell your warframes or weapons. Buy new slots to store new things. But if you get primed version eg. You have limbo so you can delete him once you get limbo prime. But donot sell it until then.

3. You can always "pay to win" warframe but best experience is with "play to win".

4. Do not rush for higher level stuff you will get it once you are there. You will most likely get frauded for platinum if you try to get higher level stuff.

5. You must always strive towards understanding the mechanics of this game and not just following tips and builds on the internet. If you do the later you will end up like most of the warframe community which has no understanding of how the game mechanics works and all they do is yell at DE when a slight change in mechanics is done because the meta they were following is no more a meta now and they suck at the game until someone posts a new meta on the internet.

6. You should try and complete your quests till "The Sacrifice" solo. This quest requires you to unlock Mot which is the last mission of the star chart and is very difficult at low levels. If you are able to do that and the quest on your own, then I can assure you that you won't be asking for builds on the forum.

7. You can visit the fandom.warframe.com and search for even the tiniest bit of information there. I would highly suggest that you go there and search for mods there, you'll find the location from where you can grind those mods.

8. Pets lose loyalty when you skip login or when they die in battle. But remember it's a bonus.

I have provided you with two ways that you can follow. It's your choice which you wan to choose.

my two top played (and liked) frames are nidus and vauban.

vauban feels good with AoE (area of effect) weapons. throw vortex, shoot Lenz (MR8)  in it, profit. 
I would put potatoes only in prime versions of frames, or frames that primes are yet to come (nidus, nezha, etc). for that, Vauban Prime exists. 
he also likes corrupted mods. farm the vaults, get mods like blind rage, overextended, fleeting expertise, transient fortitude - they make Vauban much more fun to play with. 
You can build around his 1 with augment mod, or around 4 - you could also build around his 3, and be a mobile artillery battery that covers entire tileset in fire and blood, if you can spam enough of your 3 (fleeting expertise helps). 
in 1 day, Baro will arrive. see what primed mods he has, you will need them later in the game. try to max these before their regular counterparts. to pay Baro, you will have to grind void fissures and index (neptune). Use rhino for neptune.

I can later link some of my vauban presets, if you like! 

3 hours ago, divi_india said:

Do not sell your warframes or weapons. Buy new slots to store new things.

Can't really agree with this, there are so many Mastery fodder weapons
that hanging on to them and buying more slots instead of simply tossing them out seems a bit nonsensical.

Which is of course fine if collecting everything is your brand of nonsense, but as general advice, it's not something I can get behind.

Mind, do check whether a weapon is used as a crafting component before selling it:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Weapons_Required_as_Crafting_Ingredients