Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

the Tragedy of Nyx

ArkThanatos

The Tragedy of Nyx

Nyx has been a neglected frame for some time, probably because she isn’t DE’s love child that they are still pushing onto everyone.. Excalibur, its been 7Yrs DE get over your first born start paying attention to the other 39 Frame. DE is currently like those parents that has like 5 kids, but they only give a rats ass about their first born and everything he does is magic, even thou he is the most mediocre person about that excels at nothing. Meanwhile the other kids are highly intelligent and capably of becoming people who really contribute to society, but they just aren’t the first born who still couldn’t tell the difference between the metric and imperial system.
STOP babying the first born! Pay attention to the other kids you are neglecting!. He doesn’t need any more hats, shoes or jackets (skins. Tennogen or inhouse). You have created a festering wound with this mentality, people don’t want to play the neglected because you don’t care for them. You haven’t fixed them, you don’t give them things. So your play base has no incentive to play most frames as they have nothing new and shiny. Because all new and shiny S#&$ gets given to the first born. Stop it DE, you are terrible parents to these frames!.  its true, look how long it too wukong, ember and vooboon to get fixed an there are still so many others waiting for augments, skins and fixes. But in that same time we got more excal skins and a entire new Excal with his very own class. No other frame gets that treatment. I don’t care for it, I want to see other frames get some love properly.

so I recently picked up nyx and started playing her. And Right off the mark I noticed a lot of issues. i really like playing her, but she feels clunky in the current game .  but  her prime is so easy to make look great and she has 2 really nice skins you can get, so easy to make her look amazing. an i like her concept, implementation was good in a now bygone era. 

lets rant\break this down
her 1 is a really bad version of Revnants.
she can ramp up the minions damage sure between 1-2000% (if you include the augment and go powerstrength with a decent gun).  But seeing armour is a thing. And Damage in this game needs a complete redo, that extra damage still doesn’t brute force its way thru enemies. Im also sceptical that when I pump 1500% extra damage into something like a Crewman WHY isn’t he 4-12 shotting other targets ??. half the time a crew man can shoot most frames a few times and chew thru a lot of HP, Without a 1500% buff. 1500% crewman at level40 should be near enough to take inaros out in a shot or 2. Yet cant kill another crewman in 10 shots.
so the damage is just not really there.
OH and while this who ordeal of cast, shooting it to build damage is going on… you are NOT killing anything and things ARE shooting YOU!. This is not conducive to your health or survival missions.

Meanwhile rev can have 7 or so minions running around soaking up damage. So damage negation is far better. Also when thralls die they leave behind a Pillar that damages enemies that come in contact with it (thou these pillars do need a buff in size and a little in damage), this is just a lot more useful. You can easily run a defence or mobile defence with Rev and his thralls an not have a problem, Meanwhile Nyx’s 1 isn’t nearly close to being on Par.
“BUT CHAOS” I hear you say. Yep.. sure.. that is also still a weaker version of Enthrall AND also the point that’s been hammered home With Mjolnir “Loki irradiating disarm is better”
you know why??
thralls cant hurt you an team mates and are easy to kill for rev.
Irradiating Disarm DISARMS! The enemy.
chaos.. yep you are still going to end up with a rocket up your ass and no teeth.

So chaos and mind control really just arnt bringing anything good to the Table. They Function sure. But they function for a generation thats gone in this game.

Psychic Bolts!.
ok this Could be a better ability.  Thou it can remove 100% armour shield OR debuff Infested ancients. That’s all it really does. BUT it only sends out a max of 6 bolts (max rank).
now the Debuffing ancients is good, the armour stripping and shield busting is appreciated, if you recast this ability it removes the debuff. Ok so why is this a bad thing?
Laugh in Ash. Ash seeking shurikens armour strip and bleed. Also you can spam the ever living crap out of this. So Slash procs and armour striping are generally better, it has a very fast cast and the projectiles move fast.

Psychic Bolts is the best ability in Nyx’s Kit, its not Bad by no means. But she just doesn’t have anything to back it up with.
ash can hit 1 and strip armour, cause bleed proc, and then jump onto a target and do a finisher on them. Or use blade storm on them. Ash’s entire Kit can capitalize on debuffed targets and he has a very strong combat kit.
Nyx has no real way to capitalize on vulnerable targets, she isn’t a Combat frame. She has no real offensive style to her.
psychic Bolts is a Good ability, just not on nyx.

Chaos.. kinda feel like I already covered this.
loki an rev do it better… hell Oberon can do it better.
Nyx is still going to Die.

AND now we have Absord.
oh this is just a S#&$ ability, on no level is this actually a good ability. You know why?
Because Mags bubble exists and does this better… up to 4 more times better.
not only do you drain Energy out the Ass. You are either Immobile OR moving so slow that Snails crawling on salt could cross 100m faster than you.
the Damage conversion rate is ASS! 0.03% taken damage. it has a S#&$ range of 10m explosions, it drains energy out the ass.
Only 10% of all incoming damage can be obsorbed.
“Absorb drains 7 / 6 / 5 / 4 energy per second, and will remain active so long as Nyx has energy. An additional 8 energy is drained for every 1000 damage that's absorbed.
Oh an this Drains MORE energy the more damage you take. This isn’t a Mechanic. This is Punishment for playing Nyx. GOOD JOB DE! What masochist designed this wet fart of an ability!.

so lets compare.
Mags bubble converts 25% of incoming damage.
you don’t need strength to make this ability good. Hell this ability is Good off the bat.
pairing it with good weapons is better. Add duration and range and its set.

so mags bubble gets 15m detonation range to nyx’s 10. So mags scales better with range.
it converts MORE damage.  Allies an you can Add to the damage. It traps enemy units in it. Can protect you from incoming fire, you are still mobile, it doesn’t drain you of your energy, bank account, blood and will to live when you use it!. YOU CAN USE IT MULTIPLE TIMES!.
Mags Magnitize does Nyx ULTIMATE! Ability Absorb better.  

Now lets talk Nyx Passive and Stats.
her passive Evasion isn’t bad at all. It can work with a Few other mods. But all in all this isn’t backed up at all.
Stat wise she is a bit below Mag.
she has more HP at 100 Base and 100 shield. With 15 armour. 100hp, 125 shield and 50 armour on prime.
she isn’t all that tanky. So She should have Abilities to allow for her to deal Damage Or evade damage more reliably OR Utility out the ass that is game changing.
she can not go invisible like Loki. She hasn’t got Revs Mesmerskin, she hasn’t got Mags utility and DPS, she isn’t a supporting the team like Oberon or Wisp.

Nyx’s Kit doesn’t work within the game reliably at all. she isn’t even a Jack Of All Trades mix of loki,rev and mag. Because a JOAT would still be useful.
squishy frames need DPS or something they can really bring to the table.

so how could you possibly fix nyx ??

well her first ability needs work. To be viable.
so most the ground work is there. Just needs some tweaking.
allow to be cast on 3 sperate targets.
when casted on a target the target taunts enemies within 5m (affected by mods) (not a big range, this is just helps supplement the damage increase) till it dies. You can still shoot the target to increase its damage, it will take and apply the elements from your weapon.  
On death of MC minion, minion detonates dealing 150/300/450/600  + 5/8/11/15% targets max HP as radiation in a 8m radius.
have this work like Acid shells or Combustion beam and let it cascade

So now the augment wont need to start at 500% IF a element is applied. BUT if no element is applied this augment isn’t worth it unless its straight up applying 1500% extra damage to the target.

augment change to 250% IF elements can be applied.

why would this be better?
well simple you can cast and shoot it once. And its already now able to deal more damage then the current setup.  Allowing the game to continue to flow, rather then the abrupt stop format that comes with using Nyx’s 1. Allowing to cast shoot and allow near by enemies to stack damage for you. You can still add damage if you want to stand there a help your new minion out. But this lets the game flow more freely and you aren’t having to stand around to try an make a useless minions slightly less useless..

so Now Nyx’s Survivability is Slightly Increased.

Psychic Bolts.
just Add a Slow to it.
change the Augment from being Chaos 1.2 to
killing an affected Target spreads the debuff to another target
with 25/30/35/45% remaining time.
(just like Banshees sonar augment only crunchie!)

Chaos
have it function in the same manner. BUT add a 1% evasion for every unit affected. to self and allies

change Augment to Organised Chaos. Reduces armour and shields by 25/30/35/40%

So this does a few things now. Increases Survivability again for nyx.
makes her a team player. Utility that scales. Yes you can still catch the stray bullet but its now less likely for everyone, and the Damage units will deal to each other is more notable!

Absorb.
Remove the Drain!
increase Absorbed damage to 50%
8s duration.
taunts as normal.

here is the kicker.
have it have 2 modes.
1st mode (tap) she can walk but has a protection zone in front of her like a vaults shield. (only invulnerable from frontal assaults)
have her hold 1 hand out like Neo stopping bullets, and the other on her temple. While underfire her speed is decreased decreased speed decays over 2 seconds, while not underfire her movement speed is normal taking fire slows nyx over 0.75 seconds.  (think thanos trying to get the last stone from vision and wonder holding him back)
an on detonation she basically Kamehameha’s directly infront of her in a 25 degree cone for 20m’s
(literally give this a Kamehameha partical ball looking thing)

2nd mode (hold) uses current setup of meditate (full invulnerability)
same as current system.

Augment.
changed to
Annihilation – absorbs and reflect damage back at 50/100/150/200% back to the enemy.
each enemy hit gives 10shield points to nyx an allies in range (can give overshield).

so now nyx can practically use her 4th in run thru missions without coming to a complete standstill.
augment allowing it to have more output and team benefits to it.

Base stats. Give Nyx 25 more base shield. And 15 armour. (same to prime)

Nyx isn’t a Bad frame. She just got left behind. Like some other frames.
she has one of the best looking primes IMO, she can look amazing. But her style is too slow and out dated. She needs some tweaking, allowing her to keep her defensive playstyle but giving her the ability to also run thru a mission like other frames would help her a lot.

with a few changes she could keep her playstyle but be up to date with the game, as a team player, a squishy with Damage and utility and survivability.
nyx is so reliant on Gunplay but she isn’t built for gunplay, unlike Mag, mirage and mesa to name a few. Where these 3 frames have abilities to complement their weapons. Nyx has abilities that do not compliment … well anything. They could. But atm they don’t. her 2 is the only thing that really helps her in a fight. Her 4th just prolongs that inevitable death.

now I hope to whom ever it is that is now Raging about me saying “mean things” about nyx here isn’t going to jump to the comment section just to flame at me. Because here is the part you have missed. I really like Nyx. I like her skins. I like the idea of Nyx, an I know there was a time where she was good. But that again is a bygone era. I want to see her improved. Bring her up to the point where people Want to play as nyx, where you see a Nyx on your team and it makes you smile. When she can be on your team and you are happy that you have that Utility support frame that can deal damage rather then her current stat of utility that’s not very functional.

I want to see nyx be like the next Wisp. A frame of support utility and damage and always great to have.

anyways thank you for reading. Let me know your thoughts.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, ArkThanatos said:

Let me know your thoughts.

I'll be honest, I totally forgot Nyx even existed :crylaugh:

it's tricky to rework her, since Warframe is all about DPS now, while Nyx is still a pure CC frame. I have a slapdash idea though, one that mixes CC with useful buffs, so Nyx won't be just another DPS but would be useful:

Passive: enemies around Nyx have a chance to become confused for a while and fire at other enemies. a marker would appear above their head to indicate this.

Mind Control: instead of possessing an enemy, you make them inflict damage on themselves by shooting/stabbing themselves with their own weapon. if you're gonna use mind control in battle, the most logical course of action is to make your opponents kill themselves; Nyx and allies could also gain a buff from enemies who Suicide, though the ability would likely have to have a damage cap to prevent it being overpowered.

Psychic Bolts: these would damage enemies - perhaps with Radiation to activate friendly fire - and also "death mark" enemies, debuffing them and making it much easier to kill them.

Chaos: Chaos can still work as it is now, but with an added bonus: enemies in Chaos create a large aura around themselves that buffs Nyx and her allies' weapon damage and give additional, random elemental effects to all attacks. it's called "Chaos", it should be a power that makes the battlefield totally chaotic, where you've no idea what could happen next!

Absorb: give the player 2 ways to use Absorb: either reflect the damage back at enemies in an AoE as she does now, or convert the damage absorbed into healing and damage buffs for herself and allies. this would give Nyx the survivability she needs at higher levels. being able to move in absorb should be as standard, the Augment could changed to the following:

"Chaotic Absorption" = casting Absorb out as Damage towards enemies casts Chaos over enemies it hits. this way the player can choose between weakening enemies or healing allies, and prevents the need to keep casting her 3.

a frame that makes enemies hurt/kill themselves, while buffing herself and everyone around her, and turn the tide of battle in an instant. THAT is the Nyx I want. 

Yes, the “revisit”, beyond some minor de-buffing perks and augments, did not address her issues successfully.

She is due for an Ember 2.0 revisit. 

Capturing a single enemy and pumping it full of lead to make it viable COMPLETELY works against the game design.

Her ASSIMILATE augment needs to be the standard for Absorb, as lack of mobility crippled her.

The RnG on Chaos pushes players to other frames with better, more reliable CC options.

And the improved damage type in absorb will NEVER directly compete with weapon damage and is thus relegated to something sentinels use while you revive players.

• Like 3

Well your wall of text is huge, I myself as a loving Nyx player would love to see anything done to my "mind gal".

Her mind control theme isn't on par with the lately CC game is providing. I agree that her kit is so outdated and even with her 2 reworked it still remains useless.

Her passive is non-existant.

I'd love to see a heavy rework on Nyx during 2020.

Passive could be more thematic to psychic lady: [Upon causing damage to Nyx)] Enemies hitting Nyx begin seeing visions, becoming feared for 1-2seconds (10 seconds cooldown per enemy)

1st ability, [AoE] throwing a Psychic Orb somewhere, on impact it explodes causing enemies hit to become mindcontrolled.

2nd ability [Cone targeting 45degrees?], marks enemies inside a cone, enemies under affliction of Chaos will focus on the marked targets. Marked targets take X% more damage.

3rd ability [Growing AoE => Shrinking AoE] would work like similarly to Chaos Sphere; Psychic Energy ring grows out of Nyx, when the ring has grown to full size is shrinks back. All enemies caught in area become afflicted with Chaos. Enemies affected by Chaos deal 75% less damage to Tenno.

4th ability [AoE]: Nyx releases psychic energy, enemies are knocked down losing X% defenses, while allies are boosted dealing X% increased damage and gaining X% defenses.

DE you are welcome.

Edited by Daziri
fixed typoes.
  • Like 1

I've attempted playing her in the past.  The problem I've noticed is that she just doesn't do anything that another frame couldn't do better.  The majority of the *dead* frames have the same problem.  Mag, Nyx, Garuda, and Hildryn just aren't viable in the current meta.  I love a lot of your ideas and I hope that DE sees this.

Let's be honest here;

the age of CC is over. There's no need to control crowds if they're all dead.

So I say give her a mix of offensive abilities and buffs/debuffs.

For example;

(also I'm making this up as I go lol)

Her 1st could be a debuff that forces nearby enemies to slow to a crawl and eventually stop dead in their tracks, making them easy targets.

Her 2nd could be a directional shield similar to Garuda, only that it reflects all incoming damage onto enemies in sight.

Her 3 could be tweaked so that enemies fire their remaining magazine at the nearest enemy and then shoot themselves, resulting in instant death.

Her 4 could be an AoE ability that basically melts their brains and for every enemy killed by it, increases its duration by 1 second. Also it jumps from enemies to enemies, so you don't need to recast it the entire time. Kinda like Saryn's spores, only that it doesn't need to build up first.

Edited by o0Despair0o

Just now, LoneWolveYT said:

I've attempted playing her in the past.  The problem I've noticed is that she just doesn't do anything that another frame couldn't do better.  The majority of the *dead* frames have the same problem.  Mag, Nyx, Garuda, and Hildryn just aren't viable in the current meta.  I love a lot of your ideas and I hope that DE sees this.

Mag isn't good?!?!

Ye she is...

She has everything in AoE, she buffs allies, rips enemies defenses. She's a freaking perfect caster-frame.

• Like 7

"Excalibur, its been 7Yrs DE get over your first born start paying attention to the other 39 Frame. DE is currently like those parents that has like 5 kids, but they only give a rats ass about their first born and everything he does is magic"

As far as i know is that Ember and many other frames just got rework, there is only so mutch they can do. That statement is just stupid and seems that you completely ignore what DE did because the one frame you want to get rework doesnt.

But i do 100% agree that nyx needs a rework, and should be one of the next ones. I would love to play nyx again too. 

Absorb is fine. It's literally an "oh S#&$" button that allows you a moment to recover. Best used in the middle of the chaos you created.

Mind control is for weakening tough targets. That bombard is now shooting his own guys and taking hits for you. 

The Loki overlap for chaos was a poor design decision choice for a mainly stealth frame. Honestly Loki needs a rework. Otherwise chaos is a very good ability. 

And psychic bolts has always been a topic of controversy for her kit. Though it seems to be in a good place right now. 

Nyx is my #1 frame to play, many times I've posted feedback about improving her kit, fixing the problems with it, so did other people, pointing out exactly the same problems. "Rework" came - nothing changed. It's the same "rework" that broke Titania's lantern. So, yeah, Nyx is fine as is, I really don't want DE to mess her up with another "rework".

5 minutes ago, LoneWolveYT said:

umm Mag garuda and Hildryn are all Viable, Garuda is more a funny support DPS type brawler. 
Mag and hildryn are bother stupidly powerful. Mag is all about her gun and 2. she has one of the best kits in the game, and she excels in murderising groupd of enemies.
Hildryn is a Tanky utility dupport DPS, her 2 is amazing, her 3 is good dmg with CC, her 1 is a tactical nuke that ends a lvl160 noxs life in a shot or 2. infact i used her to nuke the Wolf on many occasions. 

mag an hildryn are actually more relevant now then they were last yr. Garuda is better now with new melee. but needs some love. but Nyx fell by the way side yrs ago. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itsmez said:

As far as i know is that Ember and many other frames just got rework, there is only so mutch they can do. That statement is just stupid and seems that you completely ignore what DE did because the one frame you want to get rework doesnt.

they made an entire quest around excal and made umbra, they have also dropped skins on the regular for him. he is shown off everywhere. they always put him on everything. 
DE SHOULD be stopping this posterboy style and look at the bigger picture, FFS look at the latest cinematic the showed off excal for a few minutes... shows mag doing something thats actually not something mag does, then volt running ANNND straight back to excal. that was more a Excal cinematic. they put him front an center an more or less neglected the other 2. 
i know they have been doing work on some other frames yeah, Wukong an ember were really good. vooboon was .. eh. yeah they are finally starting to get there. but they need to completely drop the posterboy. no more excal skins, he has more than enough. FFS REV doesn't have one!. or hildryn. hell most the frames that been released last yr haven't even got a augment or one worth having. 

they are getting there. but ill stop S#&$ting on DE for thier neglect on frames, weapons and other things (like fortuna. remember the 3 big orb fights they talked about!... and one of them is still trying to drown itself in a puddle in fortuna! because DE forgot about it) when they stop giving S#&$ to excal. take him out of the spotlight and give Everything the same level of attention an care as they shown him. because you can not deny they pay more attention to him then anything else in this game. nothing has been given the same level of care as Excal has been. 

also i main Rev, Hildryn, mag and Zephyr. i only just picked up nyx and she just felt so dated, 
i want a zephyr, titania, hydroid and chroma rework.
and fixes on like 70% of the frames. BUT nyx needs it the most, Nyx, conclave, ESO are the things that need the most attention atm. 

they created a vicious circle by babying excal an pandering to him.

this is how the circle goes. People play excal because he is pandered to and gets the shiny things, people dont play nyx\zephyr\banshee\valkyr\atlas\baruuk\hildryn\harrow because they dont get the shinny things. DE wont give them shiny things because people dont play them ... 

they are getting there with paying attention to other frames. but its taken too long. an frames should never have gotten this bad. poor nyx is just terrible in this game atm despite having one of the best looking primes and concepts in the game

31 minutes ago, LoneWolveYT said:

Mag, Nyx, Garuda, and Hildryn just aren't viable in the current meta. 

Mag, Nyx, and Garuda are some of my favorites to play, there's clearly something wrong with me?

What exactly does "aren't viable in the current meta" mean anyway? What content can't you do with these frames?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

Mag, Nyx, and Garuda are some of my favorites to play, there's clearly something wrong with me?

What exactly does "aren't viable in the current meta" mean anyway? What content can't you do with these frames?

Yeah theres something wrong with you because you enjoy playing a certain character in a video game.  

Chillax, brother, all I meant by not viable is that theyre low on the tierlist in my personal opinion.  Obviously you CAN play them with success but in comparison to other warframes they're suboptimal.

Edit: I don't think MAG is low tier.  She's maybe a B or C, because she can be useful on a mission to mission basis.  The problem I find is that she doesn't really have any niches where she becomes an A or S other than when fighting Ambulases.

Edited by LoneWolveYT

26 minutes ago, Daziri said:

Mag isn't good?!?!

Ye she is...

She has everything in AoE, she buffs allies, rips enemies defenses. She's a freaking perfect caster-frame.

She's op with augments. Jams guns, can reroute entire groups of enemies with her 1, and can nuke a single target with a bonus radial blast. 

And vacuum isn't necessary on her companions because of her passive. 

Garuda and Hildryn are beasts of their own. Someone can't adapt. 

• Like 1

Ideas for Nyx rework:

1. Mind control - allow her to mind control 3 enemies at once instead of 1. Enemies under chaos effect get mind controlled for free or at a reduced energy cost.  Each mind controlled enemy gives a small buff to everyone's efficiency. Why efficiency? Because there are already frames and auras that buff power, and increasing range and duration can screw over certain builds.

2. Psychic bolts - if the enemies are under the effect of chaos, bolts deal increased damage, have stronger armor strip effect and chain up to N enemies under chaos.

3. Chaos - no changes.

4. Assimilate - when the ability runs out, Nyx and all her teammates in affinity range/N meters range get a N% damage reduction buff for N seconds. Damage reduction buff depends on the amount of damage Nyx absorbed. Her radial discharge damage goes through walls (it has a horrible fall of anyway, give her at least this).

N stand for variables that can be tuned for balance. With these changes, Nyx can get more ability synergy, more team utility, an ok armor strip.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

She's op with augments. Jams guns, can reroute entire groups of enemies with her 1, and can nuke a single target with a bonus radial blast. 

And vacuum isn't necessary on her companions because of her passive. 

Garuda and Hildryn are beasts of their own. Someone can't adapt. 

Mag is usable sure, but OP?! Mag hasn't been OP since 2014 when she could nuke Corpus over a full tileset.

As for not needing vacuum, maybe this could have been a valid reason before Fetch was added but now it seems entirely redundant. I mean is it a major benefit to Inaros that you don't have to use shield mods on companions?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Mag is usable sure, but OP?! Mag hasn't been OP since 2014 when she could nuke Corpus over a full tileset.

As for not needing vacuum, maybe this could have been a valid reason before Fetch was added but now it seems entirely redundant. I mean is it a major benefit to Inaros that you don't have to use shield mods on companions?

When Mag was nuking Corpus she was only good for Corpus. She can handle a lot more unit variety now. And her abilities all outright disable or destroy everything. She's a force to be reckoned with.

I'm not entirely sure what your second point is. Fetch is animal vacuum. And yes, that's an extra mod you otherwise wouldn't be using. Animal Instinct is on all my pets so if someone had innate loot radar, I could put in a different mod y'know. 

Edit: When i said companion i meant all of them, sentinels included. Sorry for the confusion. 

Edited by (PS4)Tactless_Ninja
  • Like 2

Oh another Nyx thread 😄 As usual I don't quite agree. I main Nyx in all kinds of missions and she's my most used frame. I do play other frames a lot too of course, but somehow I always fall back to Nyx. "There are other frames that does it better" is most often referring to specific abilities, while it's the compelte kit and stats that matters, so that's not a relevant argument imo. Yes there are other frames that confuse and/or strip enemies, but they encourage completely different playstyles and overall strengths/weaknesses. That's why I prefer Nyx over similar alternatives. Fm I even put my latest Umbral Forma on her just to perfect my builds 😄 

I'm not saying she doesn't need changes though. I've developed great gameplay for her, but the problem I see is that at least her 1 and 4 are not really used as intended to be effective/useful, and should imo be somewhat changed. Her 2 is the absolute strongest, and her 3 is kind of what defines her, so no need for much change there imo except for synergy with other abiliites to make it more interesting. I don't think she necessarily need some powerful damage output, but would rather like to see her become more of a buffing frame for team mates, like either converting incoming damage into damage resistance by Absorb or leeching from enemies affected by Chaos and/or Mindcontrol. 

I think her abilities have good potential, but they really lack synergy and something to share with the squad. 

And CC certainly isn't dead. It's just that most people play missions where it doesn't matter. Most frames damage output won't keep up with scaling enemies, so at some point you won't effectively just kill everything and not be vulnerable. CC will greatly reduce incoming damage and give you more time to kill sponges, as well as keeping enemies somewhat off your objectives. Certainly useful in endurance runs and often in Sortie pugs if there are squishy players who keep dying. 

And as for comparisons with Mag, I like her a lot but she's just too squishy to bring to the levels where her damage output, stripping, and cc even matters. At least I haven't found a good way to keep her alive yet, but Nyx at least has her Absorb Assimilate, which is no problem to keep up and move around with by using melee combos and operator. 

Nyx is however VERY dependent on energy to survive though, because of Quick Thinking and Absorb Assimilate which makes up for her lack of armor and buffs. So naturally her biggest weakness is energy leechers. Her 2 can strip Auras, but I really wish it could be more effective against leechers as well, just to at least stand a chance in these cases. 

1 hour ago, ArkThanatos said:

they made an entire quest around excal and made umbra, they have also dropped skins on the regular for him. he is shown off everywhere. they always put him on everything. 
DE SHOULD be stopping this posterboy style and look at the bigger picture, FFS look at the latest cinematic the showed off excal for a few minutes... shows mag doing something thats actually not something mag does, then volt running ANNND straight back to excal. that was more a Excal cinematic. they put him front an center an more or less neglected the other 2. 
i know they have been doing work on some other frames yeah, Wukong an ember were really good. vooboon was .. eh. yeah they are finally starting to get there. but they need to completely drop the posterboy. no more excal skins, he has more than enough. FFS REV doesn't have one!. or hildryn. hell most the frames that been released last yr haven't even got a augment or one worth having. 

they are getting there. but ill stop S#&$ting on DE for thier neglect on frames, weapons and other things (like fortuna. remember the 3 big orb fights they talked about!... and one of them is still trying to drown itself in a puddle in fortuna! because DE forgot about it) when they stop giving S#&$ to excal. take him out of the spotlight and give Everything the same level of attention an care as they shown him. because you can not deny they pay more attention to him then anything else in this game. nothing has been given the same level of care as Excal has been. 

also i main Rev, Hildryn, mag and Zephyr. i only just picked up nyx and she just felt so dated, 
i want a zephyr, titania, hydroid and chroma rework.
and fixes on like 70% of the frames. BUT nyx needs it the most, Nyx, conclave, ESO are the things that need the most attention atm. 

they created a vicious circle by babying excal an pandering to him.

this is how the circle goes. People play excal because he is pandered to and gets the shiny things, people dont play nyx\zephyr\banshee\valkyr\atlas\baruuk\hildryn\harrow because they dont get the shinny things. DE wont give them shiny things because people dont play them ... 

they are getting there with paying attention to other frames. but its taken too long. an frames should never have gotten this bad. poor nyx is just terrible in this game atm despite having one of the best looking primes and concepts in the game

I didnt say they havent done anything for excal, i said they have done for other characters too. Excal being the first warframe and first sellpoint with excal prime that was only available for founders it makes sense if they choose one warframe with entire questline it would be it. Not only that but excal umbra was pretty mutch made because the prime version is not available anymore.