Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

the Tragedy of Nyx

ArkThanatos

56 minutes ago, SirTobe said:

Yes she can. I play high level content with her all the time. Sorties, Arbies, and Veil, no problem. With Primed Flow, Quick Thinking, Adaptation, and Absorb Assimilate in your build you got a lot of survivability. You just have to look out for those OP grenades and energy leechers, as with every other frame except Rhino and Inaros. 

dont forget with also slotted mod for heal/shields

add tot his rolling guard and arcane guardian and a few more mods to be able to survive on squishy af frame, why even invest single mod for frame abilities? yeah what, we can play inaros and be tankly without any special sacrifacing mods for his skills, not like he even have useful skill :trollface:

if it is working with inaros then why is shouldnt on every other frame, thats not like frame abilities are describing frame we are playing yes? who even need abilities to use when we can build us the way to be tankly enough to survive most things without using any special abilities to make good use, utility for others around, for good synergy etc

3 hours ago, texrei said:

And tons of energy supplies, right?

Nope, I rarely need energy pads. There are plenty of other ways to keep your energy economy going.

With a ton of energy and Adaptation, Quick Thinking won't exactly drain you in a second. It's very efficient. It's just a buffer though to keep you alive if you mess up or take a sudden heavy hit. The moment you see it activate you just hit Absorb, go into operator to replenish health in a second ot two, and rejoin the fight. 

But I mean, you actively kill and confuse enemies to not get hit in the first place. It's not like QT is affecting your energy much or at all. 

Edit: You can also use a healing melee weapon to keep your health going up during gameplay.

2 hours ago, Ikserdok said:

dont forget with also slotted mod for heal/shields

add tot his rolling guard and arcane guardian and a few more mods to be able to survive on squishy af frame, why even invest single mod for frame abilities? yeah what, we can play inaros and be tankly without any special sacrifacing mods for his skills, not like he even have useful skill :trollface:

if it is working with inaros then why is shouldnt on every other frame, thats not like frame abilities are describing frame we are playing yes? who even need abilities to use when we can build us the way to be tankly enough to survive most things without using any special abilities to make good use, utility for others around, for good synergy etc

You triggered? 😄

I don't understand that last part, but you're certainly not just modding for survivability. Primed Flow is given on a caster like Nyx to you know.. always have energy to cast or keep up abilities. Adaptation stacks while in Absorb as well, so that's a nice synergy to keep damage resistace up when exiting, or to get it stacked to begin with without sacrificing health. Assimilate is not just about survivability, but also utility and adds different gameplay. Although I do share the opinion that Assimilate should just be her standard ability rather than an Augment. 

On top of that you of course still also mod for efficiency, strength, range, or whatever the focus is with your build. Just like any other frame.

Edited by SirTobe

8 hours ago, SirTobe said:

Yes she can. I play high level content with her all the time. Sorties, Arbies, and Veil, no problem. With Primed Flow, Quick Thinking, Adaptation, and Absorb Assimilate in your build you got a lot of survivability. You just have to look out for those OP grenades and energy leechers, as with every other frame except Rhino and Inaros. 

so walking around slow as S#&$ and only having chaos as your contribution to the team is good enough ??

Here is the problem, some Nyx mains want to keep her exclusively unto themselves and will refuse to admit that she needs and UPDATE. (see that word... thats a key word.)
absorb is craptastic. chaos needs work, PB is good but on a frame that cant use it as effectively as others could and her 1st is ratS#&$.
even thou all this is how she is, i still love playing her.
but her survivability is crap, i dont call walking around slower than Ivara in prowl with a hobbled key playing, or surviving. thats just poor design and neglect.

the fact your entire kit is built around surviving Proves a point i was making. Not quality build. you cant build for a functioning 4th and have other things be useful.
her kit needs an update  to a point where you dont have to build a pure 1shot survival build.  chaos is utility so its gonna somewhat work regardless. 1st is only useful with an augment. PB Needs strength. she needs Duration.

she isn't bringing anything to the fight at all. you want to play nyx and be useful in high level content, you bring revenant.  
you wanna play rev but look pretty, but also have a out dated kit with S#&$ augments... you play nyx. 
Nyx NEEDS augments to be "viable" and thats stretching that word. this shouldn't be the case at all. she gains nothing from gunplay. her kits clunky, her playstyle is stop n go. or slow as hell.... she doesn't fit the stat of the game atm. 

can she survive... yes... but at the cost of everything. 
zephyr can survive and still use her kit effectively. 
AND she is more beneficial for the entire team!  thats the difference. zephyrs kit is still all functional. she can protect team and targets and CC the field. 
her protection also increases her gunplay prowess. CC helps it as well. 
nyx lacks this. she survives IF you put your whole build into it.

you can enjoy playing her, i do,  BUT you cant sit there and tell me she is fine in the current stat of the game.
to put in perspective... Excal wouldn't be aloud to be left this long to this point of decay. He has had some nerfs and points where he wasn't as strong, but DE was all over than, and then when they had a chance they reworked him by making a whole new excal... 
no other frame would get this treatment, an nyx is the worst for it. she is beating out the other frames in neglect and out dated kits. she is weak. she is from another time. 
she deserves the same level of care as that POS excal gets. at least she takes skill to play! 

also you seem to have forgotten Rev, Nidus, Valkyr, Atlas and Hildryn  to name a few for survivability. 
the 3 strongest survival frames are Rev, Nidus and Hildryn.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ArkThanatos said:

so walking around slow as S#&$ and only having chaos as your contribution to the team is good enough ??

Here is the problem, some Nyx mains want to keep her exclusively unto themselves and will refuse to admit that she needs and UPDATE. (see that word... thats a key word.)
absorb is craptastic. chaos needs work, PB is good but on a frame that cant use it as effectively as others could and her 1st is ratS#&$.
even thou all this is how she is, i still love playing her.
but her survivability is crap, i dont call walking around slower than Ivara in prowl with a hobbled key playing, or surviving. thats just poor design and neglect.

the fact your entire kit is built around surviving Proves a point i was making. Not quality build. you cant build for a functioning 4th and have other things be useful.
her kit needs an update  to a point where you dont have to build a pure 1shot survival build.  chaos is utility so its gonna somewhat work regardless. 1st is only useful with an augment. PB Needs strength. she needs Duration.

she isn't bringing anything to the fight at all. you want to play nyx and be useful in high level content, you bring revenant.  
you wanna play rev but look pretty, but also have a out dated kit with S#&$ augments... you play nyx. 
Nyx NEEDS augments to be "viable" and thats stretching that word. this shouldn't be the case at all. she gains nothing from gunplay. her kits clunky, her playstyle is stop n go. or slow as hell.... she doesn't fit the stat of the game atm. 

can she survive... yes... but at the cost of everything. 
zephyr can survive and still use her kit effectively. 
AND she is more beneficial for the entire team!  thats the difference. zephyrs kit is still all functional. she can protect team and targets and CC the field. 
her protection also increases her gunplay prowess. CC helps it as well. 
nyx lacks this. she survives IF you put your whole build into it.

you can enjoy playing her, i do,  BUT you cant sit there and tell me she is fine in the current stat of the game.
to put in perspective... Excal wouldn't be aloud to be left this long to this point of decay. He has had some nerfs and points where he wasn't as strong, but DE was all over than, and then when they had a chance they reworked him by making a whole new excal... 
no other frame would get this treatment, an nyx is the worst for it. she is beating out the other frames in neglect and out dated kits. she is weak. she is from another time. 
she deserves the same level of care as that POS excal gets. at least she takes skill to play! 

also you seem to have forgotten Rev, Nidus, Valkyr, Atlas and Hildryn  to name a few for survivability. 
the 3 strongest survival frames are Rev, Nidus and Hildryn.  

Dude, all I said was that she don't really have any problems surviving high level missions in her current state. I never said that she doesn't need an update. I already stated earlier in this thread that I do want to see more synergy and team buffs in her abilities, and above your post even that her 4 should just be Assimilate rather than the useless original, at least as long as it's useful (I think it is). 

I don't see her as a dps frame and I don't think it fit her, so imo it would make more sense that her 1 and 4 could act as buffs for her and the team. Her 1 can at least already leech auras, but could also share health and armor similar to Nekros 4, which could replace or complement the need for Adaptation and/or QT. Her 4 could absorb incoming damage and convert it into buffs for the team. Her 2 and 3 are good but need synergy with the rest of her abilities. And of course new Augments. 

And about Assimilate, you don't just walk around shooting in it, that's stupid. If you want to fight in Assimilate it's most fun and effective when using melee combos, since you can use it to jump around the place like mad, between groups of enemies. Obviously you don't use it in missions where you just rush through the map. It's for standing in the middle of a never ending hoard and just slash your way through them. Also handy for various interactions like hacking, life support, revives, or if you need to go and take a piss. Bonus is that it also keeps your sentinel immortal, which along with Dethcube you'll have more or less infinite dumps of energy orbs on you. And you can still cast all your other abilities to support your team if needed.

Why choose Nyx instead of the alternatives? As I said in my first post, even if some frames have similar abilities, they all encourage different playstyles due to their complete kit and stats. My understanding after all these threads is that most people simply don't know how to play Nyx effectively in her current state, or they can't/don't want to figure it out. Personally I have fun gameplay with her in almost all content of the game, and that's why I keep coming back to her. Again, I'm definitely up for an update, but not a complete rework. 

And what does Nyx do for the team currently? She is honestly golden in PUGs to carry people who are having trouble with high levels. The CC of Chaos and armor/shield/aura strip of PB on specific enemies makes almost any mission manageable for anyone. Personally I also often use Power Donation to buff my squad further, since 125% is all I need. She practically own the entire map in Interception, Mobile Defense, Rescue, Defection.. or anything really except for Defense and Excavation. That's not useful? And don't tell me you're afraid of that one enemy that may choose to turn around and shoot at you instead of his buddies. 

And this discussion has nothing to do with what frame has best survivability. No one said Nyx is best, and who cares anyway, best is boring. But she can certainly handle herself as long as her energy isn't getting leeched. 

Edited by SirTobe

I love Nyx's design and the concept but the real problem I have is with her survivability vs mobility. She's too squishy, her abilities are ignored by critical units (CC isn't a survivability solution anymore), she has 1 real offensive ability, and the safety bubble doesn't cut it. The loss of mobility, the per damage drain, needing an augment so you don't have to just sit there meditating. If it has a multiple source energy drain (per second and per damage) then why not have full speed as the baseline, get a new augment altogether. Chaos and MC seem redundant, why not have the Mind Controlled target operate as is but have an AoE around the target, effectively combining the two. *grumbles at the Saryn nerf inbound* Yup, why improve forgotten Frames when there are highly efficent ones to break down.

20 hours ago, (PS4)LoneWolf_001 said:

*grumbles at the Saryn nerf inbound* Yup, why improve forgotten Frames when there are highly efficent ones to break down.

this is DE's problem, they have eyes bigger then their stomachs.  they put so much on their plate they cont know what they are doing.
Saryn needs to be left the #*!% alone. couldn't give a S#&$ if Pablo or Picasso reworked her first time round and is planning on doing it again. 
they only care about the popular stuff. then punish it for being popular... then have to go back to fixing it. meanwhile they have so much other S#&$ they should be fixing.
frames that they need to leave the #*!% alone Excalibur, Mesa,Excalibur, Limbo, Excalibur, Ember, Excalibur, Sayrn... Excalibur. these frames shouldn't get a single #*!%ing skin or even sideways glance by DE for another 2yrs at the #*!%ing least!.  no reworks, no buffs, no nerfs... only a whole lot of #*!%ing nothing!.
2020 should be the Yr they fix up all the neglected, broken, buggy things that they left scattered through out the game.
also known as Finishing what they started! Duty of Care, QOL\QOS and doing their god damn job!.

Fix all the neglected frames, starting with Nyx, then Zephyr. not reworks. just update their kits. work them to be functional. 
this game has a S#&$ ton of content. just it needs to be fixed.
if you wanna make skins, 2020-2021 should be the yrs of cosmetics to the frames with less then 3 skins! if i see Excal get another skin before Rev, hildryn, frost, atlas, mirage, garuda, inaros, hydroid or valkyr. im going to be #*!%ing pissed! 

On 2020-01-05 at 10:22 AM, ArkThanatos said:

you mean one of the best defence frames, with decent CC and can traverse the open worlds faster than anyone else......
she is atm just a bit more useful than nyx, i play both, zephyr can at least survive high level content, Nyx can not. 

I'm going to assume you haven't used Gauss yet? Because he is by far the best frame to use in PoE/Fortuna.

Gauss torches Zephyr. 

If you wanna talk about CC and Tanking? The best form of CC is killing everything. And there's a few warframes that CC and tank far far better then Zephyr. (Rhino, Inaros, Hildryn all of which do have cc abilities and can absorb far more damage compared to Zephyr and I haven't listed all the frames that can accomplish these better)

Zephyr is literally useless if you have those frames. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-01-11 at 1:13 PM, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

I'm going to assume you haven't used Gauss yet? Because he is by far the best frame to use in PoE/Fortuna.

Gauss torches Zephyr. 

If you wanna talk about CC and Tanking? The best form of CC is killing everything. And there's a few warframes that CC and tank far far better then Zephyr. (Rhino, Inaros, Hildryn all of which do have cc abilities and can absorb far more damage compared to Zephyr and I haven't listed all the frames that can accomplish these better)

zephyr can have a immunity zone from weapons for about 11m around her. making her really good at defence missions (arbies as well, + she has CC) 
more useful than you think. 

• Like 1

On 2020-01-11 at 2:13 AM, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

Gauss torches Zephyr. 

For plains/vallis mobility Zephyr takes the cake due to the sky having little to no obstacles, but then again all frames have access to Archwing making their mobility obsolete *Shrug*.

Zephyr has her turbulence which is the only thing that's stopping her from being considered Nyx tier by the community. It deflects projectiles making essentially 100% DR  and boosts both her own and allies sprint speed and projectile speed(I think) with her augment.

She's my goto gal when I want a relax play with Assimilate on max Eff.  I use her as my main eidolon farmer.  I always use her on all my Arbitrations.  She's a walking turret with Assimilate.  But yeah she's weak on energy leachers.  Nothing alittle rolling guard and energy pizza cant fix.  But yeah, she does need a little attention to her kits so she becomes more interesting.  But currently, i have no issue using her 70% of my playtime.

Best frame for semi afk during any interception, shes awesome, and yes shes squishy as hell outside Assimilate, but so is half the frames in game. Also you can traverse around in operator while still sitting in her bubble, so no shes not THAT slow (also melee).

I agree her 1 is poopy tho (well its super useful if you mind control ancients). Her 2 strips armor thats all i need, 3 CC that can interrupt enemies from capturing points thats all i need. Her 4 with aug is amazing. 

Also @SirTobeyou sure adaptation actually works on Assimilate? Cause if it does thats super cool (gonna test myself when i get home but im pretty sure it didnt work on her Assimilate before, same as you couldnt proc Arcane Avenger in bubble).

5 hours ago, Benour said:

Also @SirTobeyou sure adaptation actually works on Assimilate? Cause if it does thats super cool (gonna test myself when i get home but im pretty sure it didnt work on her Assimilate before, same as you couldnt proc Arcane Avenger in bubble).

Last i checked it doesnt since you are invulnerable and not taking any damage. Same as on damaged arcanes.