Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Ash: His current problems and the solutions to fix them

Message added by Letter13,

While there is some excellent feedback in this thread, the thread was only being kept alive by repeated bumping--behavior which is not something we condone on these forums.

80 Signed already nice job 😄

Now I use a nice build collected from various sources adding the most used mods/weapons etc .

Now Ash is somewhat viable but still miss the ability utility,it's right I can survive much longer than the top frames and many just start leaving while I just started decimating the enemies but as I said I still miss the ability which can be used like other frames do.

Ash is a solo type frame and I like this and can be teamworker too with armor strip,mass invisibility or just going out for air/revive invisbile.

I love the cutscenes of his ultimate combined with teleport but lately I rarely use it because of the camera stuck bug.

In a nutshell when the 100 signs will be done I hope DE will take a look at least into Ash's ultimate for some more utility.

P.S. The teleport should be easier to use than it is now,the npcs have small hitboxes and works only when the little dot is above their little hitbox.

On 2020-06-17 at 4:38 AM, Enialyx said:
On 2020-01-02 at 3:18 PM, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Marking enemies for some players is sickening because of the motion of moving the cursor onto enemies, even though it`s easier (but still a problem) to do this using a mouse, doing this on a controller is not as easy, an ability should be able to be easy to use no matter what you use.

citizen kane applause GIF

So much this.

Altogether well-written, OP. I barely see any players using Ash in any mission. The 4th ability is so slow and clunky to use and sickening! I can't really use Ash because of the exact reason. Usability sucks too; the actual effect area is pretty small. Meanwhile, there are far more powerful warframes with far more convenient 4th abilities.

Ash was overnerfed and needs (again) a rework.

I would not go as far as to say he needs a rework, your asking for one of his abilities to be replaced which is not necessary, his abilities concept is solid it just could be better that`s why i`m giving him a revisit.

When I see ppl play Ash, for the most pat I only see them use his 2nd ability (I even do it) which just makes him like Loki and it makes sense why you don`t see him back then bs made the other abilities pale in comparison and with that nerf ppl just stopped using him, if you have read it he was one of the lease used warframes back in 2018 (look at post for proof) so that says alot.

Some people had an issue with the animation making them feel sick, now the marking mechanic makes ppl feel sick (including me if I try too hard) which solved nothing at lease with my idea, it caters to both sides and addresses all the issues the old bs had with no downsides.

Agreed I don`r see why Ash get the stupid marking mechanic I keep saying this and no one has even addresses this so i`ll say it again.

If Saryn, banshee, ember, equinox and aoe warframes had the marking mechanic, would you be happy?

Also just to ask, what do you think of my revisit to Ash? If i didn`t ask already.

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757

@hefirey

A reply to your comment;

"So I posted this on a different topic about ash but the original poster was more into his idea and repost his to get more attention so I decided to post my suggestion here." 

Your right I am self-absorbed in this post, I have been voicing Ash`s issues ever since her got nerfed back in 2016 and made worse on feb 2018. Idea after idea I put up and showing the issues he has and I got people cursing me out saying my ideas are crap, saying stupid comments like “don`t touch my Ash” and putting me down because I was trying to open ppls eyes to the truth about Ash (which I’ll show proof of the abuse I got later down the line).

Now I have come up with the ultimate revisit for Ash that addresses his issues, makes him usable in a team and makes him enjoyable to play on top of that, ppl liked it bases on views, follows, likes comments and signings? of course I`m going to be into my post and obviously I going to push up my post, I want it to get as much attention as it possibly can. How I see it, this post is a slap in the face of all the ppl that ridiculed me so don`t be upset that I didn`t comment on your idea. This comment you made was unnecessary.

I won`t put anyone down for coming up with ideas for Ash I don`t like (like replacing his bs for a new ability) but I will ignore them or say what I think he should get, at the end of the day no matter how many ideas we have, DE is the one that ultimately makes the decisions so it`s stupid for ppl to get upset or outrages about ppls ideas, I just want Ash to get the revisit her deserves after all he is what this game is about… NINJAS.

• Like 1

I decided to use the original look of Ash and I come to discover the horror of him looking like this…

Spoiler

de0j9b9-2158228b-8ceb-4c82-b0eb-80c6f5a5fe26.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvODVjZDhkNGEtMjc1My00YzEwLThiY2MtZTIwYzFkZDVmYWQ4XC9kZTBqOWI5LTIxNTgyMjhiLThjZWItNGM4Mi1iMGViLTgwYzZmNWE1ZmUyNi5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.IvP2s7XJAzDs598-9I8zgGTJdnSzVF6qOuWiPmeTVCQ

Spoiler

de0j9cu-76ec0e83-06f1-4cc9-a260-7519ba86b87a.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvODVjZDhkNGEtMjc1My00YzEwLThiY2MtZTIwYzFkZDVmYWQ4XC9kZTBqOWN1LTc2ZWMwZTgzLTA2ZjEtNGNjOS1hMjYwLTc1MTliYTg2Yjg3YS5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.kgmFIBA5OFm6wM4MlIKY_NTYXQgd0jLcOw9cZOJg3XA

Why DE? Why would you do this to Ash? He literally looks like a action figure that has been put on the self and left there for years, he already got nerfed and this is just a slap to the face shown how bad the nerf was and that some ppl don`t used him anymore also he is one of the lest used warframes in 2018 even with the so called qol he got back in February. The colours look saturated and black on him makes it look grey. STOP FIXING THINK THAN AREN`T BROKEN! changes him back to the way he looked before this is not necessary! on top of that you made the hidden blades from bs change colour depending on the colour of Ash, I have a purple Ash, I don`t want by hidden blades to be purple, put it back the way it was.

If anyone also thinks it should revert back to the way it looks please leave a like to show support in favour of this.

While you`re at it revert the nukor beam visuals back to the way it was. I liked the circler laser effect, that was one of the reasons I like this weapon because it wasn't like any other beam weapon and now you ruined the visual uniqueness of the weapon. revert it back the way it was, stop fixing things that ant broke, seriously no one asked for this! 

If anyone agrees that the Nukor should go back to the old visual beam design like this also.

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

@hefirey

A reply to your comment;

"So I posted this on a different topic about ash but the original poster was more into his idea and repost his to get more attention so I decided to post my suggestion here." 

Your right I am self-absorbed in this post, I have been voicing Ash`s issues ever since her got nerfed back in 2016 and made worse on feb 2018. Idea after idea I put up and showing the issues he has and I got people cursing me out saying my ideas are crap, saying stupid comments like “don`t touch my Ash” and putting me down because I was trying to open ppls eyes to the truth about Ash (which I’ll show proof of the abuse I got later down the line).

Now I have come up with the ultimate revisit for Ash that addresses his issues, makes him usable in a team and makes him enjoyable to play on top of that, ppl liked it bases on views, follows, likes comments and signings? of course I`m going to be into my post and obviously I going to push up my post, I want it to get as much attention as it possibly can. How I see it, this post is a slap in the face of all the ppl that ridiculed me so don`t be upset that I didn`t comment on your idea. This comment you made was unnecessary.

I won`t put anyone down for coming up with ideas for Ash I don`t like (like replacing his bs for a new ability) but I will ignore them or say what I think he should get, at the end of the day no matter how many ideas we have, DE is the one that ultimately makes the decisions so it`s stupid for ppl to get upset or outrages about ppls ideas, I just want Ash to get the revisit her deserves after all he is what this game is about… NINJAS.

The thing is your truth is very subjective and blatantly trying to prove it as anything other than is why you get scoffed at. People have explained why de removed his one and done on bs and you guys still are arguing against it with the logic that Mesa saryn and equinox can do X. Regardless of him being a ninja which you mention. But hey keep it up lad

• Like 2

I was not upset I just decided to give you your own room, and I will go with my own. Although I am very envious your post has so much viewers that's the extent of my emotions, that and I worry that ash may face a revisit that I wont like.

• Like 1

I honestly don't remember exactly how his default skin looked back when I first started using him. I used the immortal skin on it for so long, and then Prime skin with immortal that I don't remember how it looked without the additional pattern. Lol

Either way, I've exclusively used the Koga skin since its release so I have no opinion on his original skin.

1 hour ago, (PS4)kingbrown2012 said:

I’d like if you stop spamming bout this post in the alliance chat ....... besides all they need to do is make the teleport free aim and make remove the targeting system from bladestorm 

Wait so he is spamming a chat about this  forums 😭😭😭😂😂

Vexx-info:

The one thing Ash doesn`t have that every other frame has is an energy channel colour glow when doing heavy attacks. I know ppl are going say “but he`s a ninja, he`s not meant to be seen in the dark” I get it but again it making sense vs fun in which I will choose fun all the time. Even through the energy channel is not important right now, I have a feeling that when “rage mode” comes out that when active, the warframes` energy colour will glow.

Ash needs to have this and shown in a sick way not too stupid looking like Excal`s energy colour glow and not as little as Valkyr primes`s energy colour glow. Here is an image of Ash with energy colour glow I have added.

Spoiler

Ash energy colour 1 by Aaronj-c

Spoiler

Ash energy colour 2 by Aaronj-c

Spoiler

Ash energy colour 3 by Aaronj-c

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Vexx-info:

The one thing Ash doesn`t have that every other frame has is an energy channel colour glow when doing heavy attacks. I know ppl are going say “but he`s a ninja, he`s not meant to be seen in the dark” I get it but again it making sense vs fun in which I will choose fun all the time. Even through the energy channel is not important right now, I have a feeling that when “rage mode” comes out that when active, the warframes` energy colour will glow.

Ash needs to have this and shown in a sick way not too stupid looking like Excal`s energy colour glow and not as little as Valkyr primes`s energy colour glow. Here is an image of Ash with energy colour glow I have added.

Reveal hidden contents

de0lhv6-bbb62e7b-515f-4c4c-8868-2af0d2ef4b37.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvODVjZDhkNGEtMjc1My00YzEwLThiY2MtZTIwYzFkZDVmYWQ4XC9kZTBsaHY2LWJiYjYyZTdiLTUxNWYtNGM0Yy04ODY4LTJhZjBkMmVmNGIzNy5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.0J-6CajJSE8tytJxaFzssOTXNN18yfPEHgOQfHnWmIw

Reveal hidden contents

de0lhvx-634431f1-f3ba-46ca-8f02-8b0cca5fffa8.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvODVjZDhkNGEtMjc1My00YzEwLThiY2MtZTIwYzFkZDVmYWQ4XC9kZTBsaHZ4LTYzNDQzMWYxLWYzYmEtNDZjYS04ZjAyLThiMGNjYTVmZmZhOC5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.KiV_G-PKJHTfNOQ6YNQo7cb7otHvD_pip_RsldW4efM

Reveal hidden contents

de0lhwe-a8700209-7b9a-4573-8157-cf08e37c03a6.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvODVjZDhkNGEtMjc1My00YzEwLThiY2MtZTIwYzFkZDVmYWQ4XC9kZTBsaHdlLWE4NzAwMjA5LTdiOWEtNDU3My04MTU3LWNmMDhlMzdjMDNhNi5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.IMZ6FzFBM7mvNkNjd7EixZ3DKbY219nDl0mNrYDzcBo

He does on a few of his skins lad...

On 2020-01-03 at 11:37 AM, Xarteros said:

My suggestion for Ash is, and always will be, to replace his 4 with a 'Hunter mode'. Enemies are shown through walls, and their hearts (or power cores for robots) are revealed as a glowing point in their body. In this mode, casting 1 summons distant clones that fire shurikens from other angles (all at once if in an open area, or one-at-a-time if in narrow spaces). Casting 2 deploys close-range clones to engage opponents in melee, and casting 3 deploys clones to perform finishers around your teleport target. While in the mode, there's either a drain over time, a decrease in power efficiency, or both (to compensate for the additional effects). Hitting a target's heart/core with your weapon deals true damage, and possibly some measure of punch-through bonus in doing so. With the addition of Parazon finishers, you could even make a unique finisher option using the Parazon or Ash's oldschool Dark Dagger for special (and quick) finishers.

Visual Example of glowing hearts from The Darkness II:

The-Darkness-II-small-21.jpg

this one suggestion is pretty badass

the idea of hunter mode is great ,

i would love something a bit diferent , like activating will instantly lower ash agro lvl

bs would create a 7m radius safe zone around ash , if someone cross it a clone execute bs finisher instantly

teleport synergie as you sugest is great

for shuriken simply:

make shuriken like , quick press = trow 1 homing shuriken (spamable), long press = straight forward to aiming reticul trow a  barage of fast shuriken with punch trough

no direct interaction with BS needed  (no need to create new animation for clone trowing shurikens)

smoke bomb : make it a real smoke bomb that stun ennemies and open them for finisher for 6s with quick press

and with long press  turn ash invisible and let a cloud that make ennemies sufering +60% more damages and dealing blast proc

finally teleport : allow fast short range teleport without any target needed , and if targeting ennemie use the old mechanick

and ofc add a custum roll animation for ash that allow him to moove as a cloud

make ash great again

Edited by Tsoe
On 2020-06-29 at 3:03 PM, Ash.Shadow said:

Ok, signed

Thanks for signing the petition, I would appreciate it if you can share it also. At least this will show DE how serious I/we are in giving him the revisit he needs/deserves.

• Like 1

I decided to use the original look of Ash and I come to discover the horror of him looking like this…

Spoiler

Ash look 1 by Aaronj-c

Spoiler

Ash look 2 by Aaronj-c

Why DE? Why would you do this to Ash? He literally looks like he has been put on the self and left there for years, he already got nerfed and this is just a slap to the face showing how bad the nerf was and that ppl have not used him and the he is one of the least used warframes in 2018. The colours look like the gamma colour pallet and black on him makes it look grey. STOP FIXING THINGS THAN AREN`T BROKEN! changes him back to the way he looked before this is not necessary!

on top of that you made the hidden blades from bs change colour depending on the colour of Ash, I have a purple Ash, I don`t want by hidden blades to be purple, put it back the way it was.

instead of giving these changes that no one wanted or asked for, why not give him a proper revisit that addresses his issues like the inconsistency of him not opening enemies to finisher (which is annoying in stealth gameplay).

Here is a post presenting his issues and the solutions to fix them.

If anyone also thinks it should revert back to the way it looked before please leave a like to show support in favour of this.

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757
  • Like 3
On 2020-06-30 at 10:38 AM, Kageryuzen said:

80 Signed already nice job 😄

when the 100 signs will be done I hope DE will take a look at least into Ash's ultimate for some more utility.

Yes however I want to try and get over 100 signings so DE can take use seriously, so please share this to as many ppl as you can.

Is this still a thing? I put Arcane Trickery with Blade Storm augment, and he ultra combos everything with a quick spin.

I paired him with the capture Kubrow and Mecha set to make him my hitman frame, works on captures, disruption, thralls and liches.

Naramon represent. 

Edited by BahamutKaiser
  • Like 1
On 2020-07-02 at 7:17 PM, (PS4)kingbrown2012 said:

all they need to do is make the teleport free aim and make remove the targeting system from bladestorm 

If you had read it you would have known that I suggested both of these and more, go and bloody read it!

This has happened to a lot of frames and it's really aggravating, especially when mixing and matching helmets and bodies. I use Valkyr's bastet helmet with the Gersemi body and the colors on the helmet look completely washed out compared to the body.

Someone on Reddit joked that DE has a grime fetish, and I'm beginning to believe it. No fashion frame is safe anymore.

• Like 3

Yes I hate Ash prime`s helmet, it looks like Pinocino was telling lies so he hid his head in a bucket in shame and a bloody ant eater so I use the sick original helmet. When I combine them the helmet`s colour is wired looking, DE no one asked for this, change it back to the way it was.

Vexx-info:

IMPORTANT

For anyone that plays Ash will know the horror of what DE has done to him. They have given him the PBR treatment which is a slap in the face of all the nerfs he has slowly been getting. Please take a look, if you agree with this please show support by leaving likes on the post to make DE change him back the way he was.

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757
  • Like 1