Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should we be able to name our Operator?

-Krism-

Yes, I want to be able to give my operator a display name that isn't my username, much like we can name weapons and our ships. And I want that to be my character's name. Anyone opposed to this is opposed because they fear change. If DE announces that they'll let players do this, these naysayers will change their tune real quick and will praise DE for their decision.

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

No, that's my profile name, not do you know many online games were you can't name you character?

Games that let you name your characters also allow multiple characters. This game follows all the other games where you only get one character which is tied to the account. If you do not like your profile name you can change it. You can also use /profile (name) to see if some dip has locked the name you want with 0 hrs played. Those accounts DE will force name change and allow you to take the name (for plat because why would it be free. Its not their fault for not deleting old accounts with no play time locking up good names)

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

Games that let you name your characters also allow multiple characters. This game follows all the other games where you only get one character which is tied to the account. If you do not like your profile name you can change it. You can also use /profile (name) to see if some dip has locked the name you want with 0 hrs played. Those accounts DE will force name change and allow you to take the name (for plat because why would it be free. Its not their fault for not deleting old accounts with no play time locking up good names)

But my profile name is my profile name, I want my Operator specifically to have a normal name e.g. Name, Surname

3 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

I'm not seeing the relevance here...

... is this a feature to exponentially add the "You're not allowed to use profanity" log warnings in DE's database?

no, why?

2 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

no, why?

Because that's exactly what'll happen.

Hell, people are already hiding profanity under their "profile name", so imagine what'll happen once they get, and IF they do get it, THAT thing implemented.

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Uhkretor said:

Because that's exactly what'll happen.

Hell, people are hiding profanity under their "profile name", so imagine what'll happen once they get THAT thing implemented.

If people are stupid it's not my fault, I just want to give my Operator a normal name like a normal person

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

If people are stupid it's not my fault, I just to give my Operator a normal name like a normal person

You've already done that though. Want a surname? Gotta change the name on DE's website.

... Like the rest of us usually do.

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 4

Your profile name is your in-game name, you can see in numerous enemy dialogue interactions that reality. If you decided to use a name you didn't like that's unfortunate and you'll have to use plat to change it, but it is there available for your use. 

Edited by Cubewano
  • Like 1

Just now, Cubewano said:

If you decided to use a name you didn't like that's unfortunate and you'll have to use plat to change it

5 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

I'm not gonna repeat myself here, I already answered this

1 minute ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

It's the same thing if it was a item name or something, you will need plat to change it anyway. So if ppl are dumb to choosing a dumb name it's NOBODY fault (just give them the plat lol)

Edited by Duskham

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

That's what I mean, a normal name

dude. u dont get it. 

if your real name is Bob Smith then your operator is called Bob Smith. thats it. its already in the game. you=your operator, therefore your realy life name=your operator's name

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Duskham said:

It's the same thing if it was a item name or something, you will need plat to change it anyway. So if ppl are dumb to choosing a dumb name it's NOBODY fault (just give them the plat lol)

You didn't get what I said, I wasn't talking about that