Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xenox_Ilz-ot

Should we be able to name our Operator?

Just now, Duskham said:

It was always the same character that used multiples suits... we just didnt known they were child that used transference to control them

We didn't know anything, period

Man, people choose some petty hills to die on ( and it's not the op)

1 minute ago, Cubewano said:

The title is should we be able to name our operator, my response was that we already can. What did I miss? 

You missed the "Operator & Game Profile are not that same thing" part

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Yes you can, but that doesn't change that it's not your real name, why should this game be different?

What you are saying doesnt make any sense, it's not your real name because you didnt choose it too and DE has no way to auto generate your own name in the game when you create your account LOLyou had the option,  so if you want it to be like real life we need to take that option, and first we cant choose our own name, the game has to generate a random one (like the liches) and then you have to deal with it or play plat to change 😐 so cool...

2 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Exactly, & so far, I didn't really see anyone who answered me

You mean anyone who didn't answer the way you wanted. 

We can name our pets in game, operators are " basically " pets. Warframes have names aswell, so there is no real reason to why not add a tag like ( youraccount name in () the name of your operator. )

You missed the "Operator & Game Profile are not that same thing" part

Based on? 

Just now, Duskham said:

What you are saying doesnt make any sense, it's not your real name because you didnt choose it too and DE has no way to auto generate your own name in the game when you create your account LOLyou had the option,  so if you want it to be like real life we need to take that option, and first we cant choose our own name, the game has to generate a random one (like the liches) and then you have to deal with it or play plat to change 😐 so cool...

The real life part was an example, don't be dumb on purpose

Just now, Cubewano said:

Based on? 

the voices on his head

9 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

So you predicted the contents of the second dream before you installed warframe? Nice!

Well, no, but there's always been an Operator. Ordis says so. We just sort of got to guess what that meant. I always sort of assumed "roving data construct" until the reveal. The point is that there's still a character from the start that your name represents.

3 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

The title is should we be able to name our operator, my response was that we already can. What did I miss? 

Which leads me on to accusing you of being disingenuous. Because you're answering whilst deliberately ignoring the main point of the thread, which you know. 

To what end? It's hardly constructive, is it?

Just now, Cubewano said:

Based on? 

Based on what I said, read the other comments, if you didn't understand it with my first comment read that rest 'cause I clearly said something along the lines "what if"

The real life part was an example, don't be dumb on purpose

I'm not being dumb, you are saying that our operators NEEDs to have a real life name because reasons, i was just showing it doesnt make sense. It is a game, it gives you the option to name YOURSELF in the game, and then you did.

10 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Actually, its the other way around.

We should be able to name our warfames instead

The key words are, "In implementation."

In the game, you walk around primarily as the Warframe and only summon the Operator if you need it. Thus, the Operator is more like the weapon for the Warframe. This is how the game is implemented despite the lore saying otherwise.

Just now, Duskham said:

I'm not being dumb, you are saying that our operators NEEDs to have a real life name because reasons, i was just showing it doesnt make sense. It is a game, it gives you the option to name YOURSELF in the game, and then you did.

& again, I answered this on the first page

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Which leads me on to accusing you of being disingenuous. Because you're answering whilst deliberately ignoring the main point of the thread, which you know. 

What point am I ignoring? 

1 minute ago, CopperBezel said:

Well, no, but there's always been an Operator. Ordis says so. We just sort of got to guess what that meant. I always sort of assumed "roving data construct" until the reveal. The point is that there's still a character from the start that your name represents.

You meet ordis AFTER you make your name. You can't guess what you are when you are put in the starter warframe selection screen.

2 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Based on what I said, read the other comments, if you didn't understand it with my first comment read that rest 'cause I clearly said something along the lines "what if"

None of what you have said answers what I asked. 

1 minute ago, Duskham said:

You can take the Operator entirely out of the question and it stands.

The game did not give you an opportunity to name "yourself in the game", it gave you an opportunity to name your account.

I agree with DeMonkey - I can't see a way to get around that you're being deliberately difficult. 

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Yeah. You set that name as an account name somewhere, and the game kinda blindsides you with the fact that it's your character's name. I'm pretty sure it's meant to come as a surprise when bosses taunt you with it. I just don't understand the hostility and defensiveness.

Lorewise? I don't see why not.

Personally? I don't see the point. Only a roleplayer would have any use of that, the rest will just refer to your account name.

The game already made it clear that my operator has a name. He is called "Dhrekr".

When an npc wants to refer to my operator by name, they say "Dhrekr". When an npc send a mail to my operator, they write "Dhrekr".

Now, I understand that OP's attitude is to just disregard the text of the game, ignore all arguments, introduce the spurious and made-up difference between "account name" and "operator name" or whatever, and then request that DE change the game because OP has decided to ignore the lore of the game.

My question however is: this sort of useless "I disagree with DE on a detail of relative unimportance and DE should change their mind and decisions to accomodate me" thread happens usually during a content drought, when we have nothing better to think about. How comes this is here one month after the release of Empyrean?

17 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

& again, I answered this on the first page

you are repeating that but this is wrong??? even if you go now to the sign up page the site tells you to choose your in game name, and on steam you can choose your name too...

I have seen some people point out that you can name your Operator some pretty nasty stuff. Then again, that hasn't really stopped things becoming namable before, and it would be fairly neat to be able to name my OP separately to my account. I'm in a better position than some where 'Loza03' could possibly be fenangled into a character name if you really squinted, but others - like OP - who do enjoy role playing would likely appreciate it.

I honestly feel like it's a fairly minor thing all told. Not sure why people are getting so angry about it. 'DE off work blues' perhaps?

1 minute ago, Cubewano said:

What point am I ignoring? 

That the question hinges on decoupling account name and character name.

Why are you being so obtuse? You're smarter than this, I've seen you enough to know that this failure to understand is deliberate, not accidental.

1 minute ago, CopperBezel said:

Yeah. You set that name as an account name somewhere, and the game kinda blindsides you with the fact that it's your character's name.

Worse for console players who I'm surprised haven't spoken up, you aren't even naming your Warframe account there, you're naming your Xbox or Playstation account.