Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xenox_Ilz-ot

Should we be able to name our Operator?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, rapt0rman said:

Other then the classic "I don't want development time to go into features I won't use"

Actually, i was thinking in something like, "I don't want development time to go into redundant features", but hey, call it however you want. What the OP is suggesting can already be achieved with features we already have, so if this is such an issue, you should just change your account name and be done with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, General-Pacman said:

What the OP is suggesting can already be achieved with features we already have

You've found a way to separate your account name from your Operator name? Because that's what the OP is suggesting.

I'm sure you can explain this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

You've found a way to separate your account name from your Operator name? Because that's what the OP is suggesting.

I'm sure you can explain this.

Well that can't be difficult

Create a "name" option in the Operator customization menu, so you can change it whenever you want, (I don't really think it should cost plat, but that's just my call), & replace the subtitles that some bosses have with your Account name in it with your Operator's, & change the Transmission name that is in blue, 'cause that's everything that is used right now, I think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

You've found a way to separate your account name from your Operator name? Because that's what the OP is suggesting.

And for what purpose? To have a name to identify our operators. Guess what, we already do that with our account name. The OP said he would like this feature because he feels his account name doesn't feel like an actual character name. So, instead of asking for a new feature, he can simply change his account name for a more mundane one and voilá, problem solved. So, my opinion is still the same, this would be a redundant feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, General-Pacman said:

And for what purpose? To have a name to identify our operators. Guess what, we already do that with our account name. The OP said he would like this feature because he feels his account name doesn't feel like an actual character name. So, instead of asking for a new feature, he can simply change his account name for a more mundane one and voilá, problem solved. So, my opinion is still the same, a redundant feature.

I already answered this

I can't believe I've said that so many times in this one topic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

I already answered this

I can't believe I've said that so many times in this one topic

Yes, you did repeat this many times already. Did you stop to think for a second that maybe, just maybe, it's because you are not properly explaining yourself?

Let's go through it one more time, for the sake of the discussion. I think (correct me if i'm wrong) that your answer you keep referring to is this one:

6 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

But my profile name is my profile name, I want my Operator specifically to have a normal name e.g. Name, Surname

Why do you need to separate you account name from your operator name so much? Your account name serves no other purpose than a way of identifying yourself, and to be recognized by your ingame friends, clanmates, etc. What's the issue with it being the exact same as your operator name, who is your in-game character? And even more, you can change it whenever you want to. I'm not trolling or anything of the sort, i'm genuinely trying to understand the need behind the suggestion you are making here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

If people want to do that, the option should certainly be available. I'd certainly still leave my Operator as "Monkey", but ultimately that's what I believe should be a choice.

Yeah, it was weird the first time I customized the operator and didn't see name option. Kinda when the headcanon developed.

It's weird. If they bothered to go the mile of having npc address by name they'd have a way to customize it as well. Otherwise they could've just stuck with the title like Tenno or Operator like other series do.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, General-Pacman said:

Why do you need to separate you account name from your operator name so much?

Would it be too much if I said the answer is again in another of my replies? 'Cause that's not a joke, I did answer every question that we asked me, but people don't seem to even listen, or maybe you guys are doing it on purpose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Would it be too much if I said the answer is again in another of my replies? 'Cause that's not a joke, I did answer every question that we asked me, but people don't seem to even listen, or maybe you guys are doing it on purpose

No offense, but now i'm starting to feel that you are either trolling or being straight obnoxious. That, or i'm just too sleepy after 10 hours of work and i can't even read properly anymore. What you did was answer this one time, and then quote yourself again and again: "I've already answered this". That doesn't help at all.

I think this thread has derailed a lot. If you really think what you are proposing here could be a positive addition to the game, i suggest you posting it into the feedback section  (since DE pays a lot more attention there) and explain the best way you can why we should have this feature. Maybe you can find a more suitable answer there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, General-Pacman said:

No offense, but now i'm starting to feel that you are either trolling or being straight obnoxious. That, or i'm just too sleepy after 10 hours of work and i can't even read properly anymore. What you did was answer this one time, and then quote yourself again and again: "I've already answered this". That doesn't help at all.

Looks like a you problem, I did answer & don't intend to repeat myself again

15 minutes ago, General-Pacman said:

I think this thread has derailed a lot

Yeah, I wonder why, I asked a question & instead of saying "yes or no" & why, people answered "but something"

You guys said that our account name is our Operator name, which is exactly what I didn't ask. Again, those who should learn to read are you guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I'd like an operator name customization option, an I don't get why they haven't implemented it, but I'm honestly content without it and don't really mind it not being there. really, the biggest thing is that if I want my Op to have a name, its also my display name and if I change it to mach my Op's name, no one will know who I am

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly unless you are in a chat system where you know your squad mates.

Communication in pugs is nonexistent. Stopping and typing mid mission is a death sentence. So players just have to play and go with the flow.

So the names of the other players don't mean anything.  And operater mode itself isn't as useful as the frames themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, if people are so hell-bent on rejecting this because other sources in the game refer to your account name, then why not just change that? Remove all subtitle instances of your account name being called besides your inbox and you’re golden.

Though really I’m more confused as to why people are so against it. It seems like a simple suggestion that wouldn’t affect the game negatively at all. This isn’t like asking for opposite gender Warframes is what I’m saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mac10smg--Toa_of_Green said:

Though really I’m more confused as to why people are so against it. It seems like a simple suggestion that wouldn’t affect the game negatively at all. This isn’t like asking for opposite gender Warframes is what I’m saying.

I don't know either, but thanks for telling me your view on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mac10smg--Toa_of_Green said:

Though really I’m more confused as to why people are so against it.

I think all this discussion was not really about being against it (not me, at least) but more about trying to understand what possible advantage could we get with this instead of sticking just with our account names, and if said advantage was worth the effort; the OP gave an initial answer to this, which wasn't clear enough, and then just kept quoting himself on that again and again, without even trying to be more clear.

Im not joking, this is literally the type of discussion i'm seeing on this thread:



OP: "Hey, i was thinking we could use a new type of melee weapon! Something like a staff, but with a sharp blade on both ends. What do you guys think?"

RandomUser#1: "Oh, we already have those. They are called polearms."

OP: "No, i'm not talking about polearms. I'm talking about some kind of staff with pointy ends, that we can swing around and hit enemies with it's ends."

RandomUser#2: "Well, yeah, that's how polearms work. How are your pointy staves any different?"

OP: "I already answered that."

RandomUser#2: "...What? No, you didn't, you literally described a polearm. Whats the difference with--"

OP: "I already answered that."

RandomUser#3: "Dude, you aren't making any sense. I don't understand how those pointy staves would be any diff--"

OP: "OMG why are you guys arguing so much about this !? It's just an idea!!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, General-Pacman said:

OP: "Hey, i was thinking we could use a new type of melee weapon! Something like a staff, but with a sharp blade on both ends. What do you guys think?"

RandomUser#1: "Oh, we already have those. They are called polearms."

OP: "No, i'm not talking about polearms. I'm talking about some kind of staff with pointy ends, that we can swing around and hit enemies with it's ends."

RandomUser#2: "Well, yeah, that's how polearms work. How are your pointy staves any different?"

OP: "I already answered that."

RandomUser#2: "...What? No, you didn't, you literally described a polearm. Whats the difference with--"

OP: "I already answered that."

RandomUser#3: "Dude, you aren't making any sense. I don't understand how those pointy staves would be any diff--"

OP: "OMG why are you guys arguing so much about this !? It's just an idea!!"

But your example doesn't work tho, Account name & Operator name shouldn't be the same, is what I said

But if you want the meme to keep going, I already said this multiple times, looks like you're misunderstanding on purpose, & even if your not, that's what I'm getting from reading this

EDIT: Anyway, I need to go so, have fun not understand this post either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, seeing my Xbox GT for my Operators name is a little out of place, so I wouldn’t mind being able to give my Operator a separate name from my account. And for Console, my GT is the same across all games on Xbox. For Steam, my ingame name is HeartofAnubis but my display name is Heat of Bastet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, we should not. In a ideal world however we'd not have to suffer these damn operators at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does it really matter if you have a tag over the operator or you just make one up?  Like others have tried to say, you are the operator. Not a fantasy character. You. Their name would be your name.  Why would you need to even see it? Just name your operator what ever floats your boat. It's just for you anyways. Why even add such a pointless add-on? To brag to others about a silly name? Seems like a waste of time to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AzureTerra said:

No, we should not. In a ideal world however we'd not have to suffer these damn operators at all.

Ideally the operater customization would be a million times better and let us customize every pixel.

But as it is it's very basic. And mechanically operaters are only useful for support or specific boss phases.

I just have a headcannon for rp reasons.  But since my mic is always off and i rarely type in game. Names are not useful to know in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (XB1)Rust Plague said:

Does it really matter if you have a tag over the operator or you just make one up?  Like others have tried to say, you are the operator. Not a fantasy character. You. Their name would be your name.  Why would you need to even see it? Just name your operator what ever floats your boat. It's just for you anyways. Why even add such a pointless add-on? To brag to others about a silly name? Seems like a waste of time to me. 

Depends on the player.  Not everyone treats the character as themselves.  My rl self is not a prepubescent teenaged cyberpunk girl.

Average 30 something straight guy in rl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

But your example doesn't work tho, Account name & Operator name shouldn't be the same, is what I said

 

Yeah, i understood that much. I do get WHAT are you suggesting; but the WHY still eludes me. Or actually, it feels like you are deliberately avoiding the question.

In that dumb joke i just made, someone is suggesting to add a weapon that looks like a polearm, and does the same things than a polearm... but it's not a polearm.

In this thread you are suggesting we should have a separated name for our operators. A name that would look like an account name looks, and that we would use like an account name is currently used ... but it's not an account name.

So...  what's the point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Depends on the player.  Not everyone treats the character as themselves.  My rl self is not a prepubescent teenaged cyberpunk girl.

Average 30 something straight guy in rl.

That doesn't explain why it's needed. Name your operater what ever you want, why does it have to be displayed? In the context of the game we are tenno. Not Fred or Toby. However, Tenno names are largly irrelevant. Little duck and Onko are the only characters who require operater engagement and neither care about a personal relationship with the operator. Names don't matter. Nothing is stopping any of you from naming your operator spinach salad if you want. Just do it. It matters not in the grand sceme of the game. Do you really have to have it displayed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...