Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon choices for 110 lvl missions?

wildmoon

Question

Hello, started doing alot of Kuva lich missions and when i reach the point when all enemies are 100-110 lvl, my ignis wraith kinda strugles to kill them fast (no riven and dont want to use them), pyrana prime is pretty good against those enemies both weapons are moded for corrosive element and i also use Hate well that weapon is bonkers 1 shots everything, but meleeing just isnt fun for me. Could anyone give some primary weapon ideas for 100-110 lvl grinner kuva lich missions? Please dont recomend weapons that only work with rivens, i hate rivens and i refuse to use them.

Thank you all in advance.

16 answers to this question

Lot of weapons can be modded to deal with lvl 100 enemies. The issue is more likely to be builds. Perhaps share yours and see where improvements can be made.

9 minutes ago, wildmoon said:

i hate rivens and i refuse to use them.

Changing your mind on that could make life a lot easier.

• Like 1

Modding your Ignis Wraith for Corrosive isn’t something I would’ve considered against Grineer. Though with changes to heat procs it might be effective, actually.

Isn’t the Pyrana Prime a slash based status weapon? Wouldn’t viral be better for procs instead of Corrosive? I could be wrong though.

Seeing your builds might be helpful.

9 minutes ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Modding your Ignis Wraith for Corrosive isn’t something I would’ve considered against Grineer. Though with changes to heat procs it might be effective, actually.

Isn’t the Pyrana Prime a slash based status weapon? Wouldn’t viral be better for procs instead of Corrosive? I could be wrong though.

Seeing your builds might be helpful.

I take all my builds from here https://www.cephalonwannab.com/, in pyranas and ignis wraith cases its exact copies, some other weapons i modify to match elements vs corpus and similar things.

On 2020-01-02 at 6:12 PM, wildmoon said:

I take all my builds from here https://www.cephalonwannab.com/, in pyranas and ignis wraith cases its exact copies, some other weapons i modify to match elements vs corpus and similar things.

Okay I see some issues here.

Some people suggest using Heavy Caliber on beam weapons. I've never had a problem with only using Serration on them. But I'm not an expert on those weapons despite using them near constantly. Tested out my build on a bunch of level 125 Heavy Gunners of different types, didn't work out well. Tested out a Corrosive Heat build and it melted them, but it took 2-3 seconds of sustained head shot fire which may not be practical.

I went ahead and checked the build and tested if you could make my own. I would recommend giving Serration, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Split Chamber - Malignant Force, High Voltage, Thermite Rounds, Vigilante Armaments

If you don't have any of the above 60/60 mods, replace them with the 90s version, and if you don't have Vigilante Armaments, replace it with either a 90% heat mod (extra DoT damage), or something else to increase damage. I did the math and you don't need to do any forma to try out the build, so use that and see if it'll help out for dealing with enemies. The corrosive procs and heat procs should take care of enemy armor, and the heat DoT should deal enough damage over time to kill them safely. If this doesn't work, come back and say so.

Edit. Tried my build against Bombards. It sucked against Bombards. Really badly against Bombards. Maybe switch to rad on your Pyrana Prime to deal with them because even the armor strip, took 5 seconds to kill one Bombard and, yeah.

Edited by Grey_Star_Rival_Defender
Update

4 hours ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Okay I see some issues here.

Some people suggest using Heavy Caliber on beam weapons. I've never had a problem with only using Serration on them. But I'm not an expert on those weapons despite using them near constantly. Tested out my build on a bunch of level 125 Heavy Gunners of different types, didn't work out well. Tested out a Corrosive Heat build and it melted them, but it took 2-3 seconds of sustained head shot fire which may not be practical.

I went ahead and checked the build and tested if you could make my own. I would recommend giving Serration, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Split Chamber - Malignant Force, High Voltage, Thermite Rounds, Vigilante Armaments

If you don't have any of the above 60/60 mods, replace them with the 90s version, and if you don't have Vigilante Armaments, replace it with either a 90% heat mod (extra DoT damage), or something else to increase damage. I did the math and you don't need to do any forma to try out the build, so use that and see if it'll help out for dealing with enemies. The corrosive procs and heat procs should take care of enemy armor, and the heat DoT should deal enough damage over time to kill them safely. If this doesn't work, come back and say so.

Edit. Tried my build against Bombards. It sucked against Bombards. Really badly against Bombards. Maybe switch to rad on your Pyrana Prime to deal with them because even the armor strip, took 5 seconds to kill one Bombard and, yeah.

Thx for the info, also apart from ignis wraith got any good primary weapon recommendations for kuva lich missions, mainly for killing random enemies and thralls, because liches themself always have resistance to something and so far after 7 liches i noticed that pyrana specc for corrosive always wrecks liches easely so dont wanna change that.

All the primaries and secondaries I use for these are riven'd.  I don't buy them but if I get one as a reward and its good, what's your opposition to it?  You're given a toolbox and you have a hammer to drive in screws, then someone comes along and gives you a screwdriver.  Why NOT use it?  Do you also not use prime mods for "reasons"?

That out of the way, I like the opticor vandal, rube prime, vectis prime for primaries, tombfinger, cyanex, catchmoon, pyrana prime for secondaries, and a decent melee (plague polearm, telos boltace, paracesis are the three I generally cycle through for no particular reason other than they do decent damage and aren't too slow.

mostly modded for radiation + something, radiation+corr where I can get it on the zaws and secondaries.

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

All the primaries and secondaries I use for these are riven'd.  I don't buy them but if I get one as a reward and its good, what's your opposition to it?  You're given a toolbox and you have a hammer to drive in screws, then someone comes along and gives you a screwdriver.  Why NOT use it?  Do you also not use prime mods for "reasons"?

That out of the way, I like the opticor vandal, rube prime, vectis prime for primaries, tombfinger, cyanex, catchmoon, pyrana prime for secondaries, and a decent melee (plague polearm, telos boltace, paracesis are the three I generally cycle through for no particular reason other than they do decent damage and aren't too slow.

mostly modded for radiation + something, radiation+corr where I can get it on the zaws and secondaries.

I dont use rivens because buying a good riven is way overpriced, buying a trash one is way overpriced, getting a riven from sortie for your weapon is total RNG. Thats the reason i dont use rivens. 

I have a lot of weapons that i've used without issue for lvl 110 lich missions and the upper lvls of Empyerean which also have some tough boys.
One of the best for me has surprisingly been Accelletra, that thing is a beast. Have it modded for slash and viral with hunter munitions, and that thing just rips enemies to shreds (and if you're not careful, yourself).

8 hours ago, wildmoon said:

Thx for the info, also apart from ignis wraith got any good primary weapon recommendations for kuva lich missions, mainly for killing random enemies and thralls, because liches themself always have resistance to something and so far after 7 liches i noticed that pyrana specc for corrosive always wrecks liches easely so dont wanna change that.

Right right right, Liches are weak to Corrosive over everything else, I completely forgot. Yeah Pyrana Prime will literally be your Lich killer there. Don’t bother to change the build except replace the 60/60 mod on there with a 90 I guess.

I honestly don’t recall what other primary weapons I used for lich missions it’s been so long and I relied on melee to deal with them. So I can’t in good conscience give any recommendations for other weapons because I myself don’t know. Sorry. Might roll up a Lich I guess to test.

2 hours ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Right right right, Liches are weak to Corrosive over everything else, I completely forgot. Yeah Pyrana Prime will literally be your Lich killer there. Don’t bother to change the build except replace the 60/60 mod on there with a 90 I guess.

I honestly don’t recall what other primary weapons I used for lich missions it’s been so long and I relied on melee to deal with them. So I can’t in good conscience give any recommendations for other weapons because I myself don’t know. Sorry. Might roll up a Lich I guess to test.

Just a thought is there any primary weapon that has similar stats to pyrana prime?

3 hours ago, wildmoon said:

Just a thought is there any primary weapon that has similar stats to pyrana prime?

Honestly, no idea. Closest thing I can think is Vaykor Hek, an impact focused crit shotgun with decent rate of fire. Or the Corinth, I guess, higher crit stats. But all of the auto-primary shotguns have low crit stats, and all of the crit focused primary shotguns are semi-auto. Acceltra is a fully automatic micro-missle launcher with high crit stats. I suppose it would be similar.

Ignis wrath is generally not high tier weapon, it is very practical and reasonably powerful but ti will loose "umph" quickly /as approaching lvl 100.
Pyrana is in same boat. Awesome trash cleaner and very powerful but low status means it will struggle against armor no matter how much damage it may output. 

Phansasma has similar AoE beam principle as ignis but it's substantially more powerful. Try that.
It's hard to think what works without riven, all my weapons have one, I recommend starting to scout trade chat /market sites, now is good time to enter riven market because you can get very solid rivens for bit older weapons that used to go for thousands and thousands for mere 500-600p.
Weapons like rubico, opticor, but also new baza prime (that weapon is pretty great too, definitely try it) and new aksomati, also both of these have status and crit and fire fast - which is great for high level grineer tough targets. 

Shedu Ofc if you know how to get it. Currently best weapon in game, let's enjoy it until inevitable nerf. 

On 2020-01-04 at 5:06 AM, wildmoon said:

I find that none of the Kuva Liches can stand up to a headshot from a Daikyu by a 200 power strength Prowling Ivara.  hehe.  

Seriously though.  While that method and combo works for me, it's not something for everyone.  As @ThorienKELL said above, those two weapons you're using kinda fall off at enemy levels close to 100.  Honestly, the best weapon for you will depend on a few things.  Such as how good your aim is or frame being used.  Some frames can make better use of certain weapon better than others.  Ivara and Daikyu is a perfect example of this.  

I agree with the weapon suggestions ThorienKell made....

10 hours ago, ThorienKELL said:

Weapons like rubico, opticor, but also new baza prime (that weapon is pretty great too, definitely try it)

I will include Supra Vandal in the list of primaries.  For secondaries, Akbolto Prime, Akjagara Prime, Pox, and Spira Prime.

I'm quite sure there are many others.  These are just the ones that come to mind right now.  

Happy hunting fellow Tenno.  

Hm... So many interesting choices of weapons.

If you don't mind me i'd like to add my personal weaponry i hunt Kuva Liches with.

For Primary i go with the Exergis. A for me solid choice as i use it almost everywhere up to Lv.100-110, no matter if sortie or Lich hunt. Most of the small enemies die in one shot, heavy units are sometimes left standing but are blown away with the second hit. It is also modded without a riven, although i used 2 Formas to fit the followimg mods into it:

-Primed Point Blank

-Hell's Chamber

-Toxic Barrage

-Shell Shock

-Amalgam Shottgun Spazz

-Tactical Pump

-Chilling Reload

-Shotgun Savvy

Not the best build, i know. But for me it works. Main focus lies on overall firepower and a good reload since the Exergis is a shotgun with only 1 round inside the clip that unmodded takes it's time to reload. Time you truely not wanna spend defenseless. So reloading it in a decent to fast speed is key for it in my eyes. Also gaining corrosive and decent slash damage for most Grineer and still keep the chance to mod on increasing rad damage (It's standard elemental damage type) if you fight against Bombards and other enemies weak to radiation. Could throw in the arsenal numbers i get with my Exergis here but yeah...

I'm here to help. Not to kick of tides of unnessecary discussions. So i'll keep the numbers out.

For a secondary well... That's a thing i can't tell much 😮

I would go with the Pyrana Prime if i had to. The secondaries are the only point i would copy the build from this topic for my own use. Other secondaries like Cyanex and Catchmoon are already mentioned here, so i'll not touch that topic until i found a weapon worth mentioning.

And for closed quarters combat... Yeah.

For that i use mostly the Gram Prime with the Tempo Royale stance or a polearm Zaw made of the Cyath strike, Shtung grip and the Vargeet II Jai link. The Zaw is modded for slash-viral damage supported by Berserker for increased atk speed and uses the Shimmering Blight stance. They're also without rivens or things like Maiming Strike or Weeping Wounds, so they should be working well as Lich hunters.

• Like 1