Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack: is it worth the dev time to fix/polish?

IIDMOII

vor 8 Minuten schrieb nslay:

Yeah, I think the developers should just give up on Railjack. It ran its course after a couple weeks. I mean, it's only 2 years of development time and all, no biggy.

It is really a fun game mode if you can get a somewhat organized group

8 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

There is really nothing to "fix" because the mode isnt even finalized yet.

We have the beta or more alpha of it because it isnt feature complete yet. The rest is already planned to come early this year, after that we can see if there is anything that needs fixing. As a game mode it currently works wonderfully, it is just a tad too repetative due to only having one type of mission. The only thing I feel needs a change in the current stage is the forced virtual horizon, that makes flying a pain. That needs to be removed. Other than that, maybe a few changes to make Lavan and Zetki guns a bit better and closer in performance to Vidar. Drop rates already have planned changes to ease up on RNG.

What the mode needs is to be expanded like planned, to cover more parts of the game and bringing us far more missions and possible explorable hidden areas. And they need to shove the liches in there and rework them to be more fun and rewarding.

Ah, so they don't have to do anything to veil sentient ships, and you'll keep suffering...

Edited by Test-995
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

Yes, railjack is absolutely worth polishing. And then, hopefully, integration into the rest of the game. I'm really excited for what they've talked about in their plans for it, the mission links and so on. I like the idea of railjack being central to a new gameplay loop.

...If they're too stubborn to admit their mistakes, why did they remove raids...?

who said raids was mistake? they just lack manpower to maintain them, because all resources were wasted on "railjacks" and "open worlds"

considering the final phase is still awaited and the current one was still rushed and lacking actual missions other than skirmishes, i do feel they will atleast give it one balance pass and fix before moving on to the next big pile of excuse to justify not fixing the issues still present .

i also feel its going to be another core gameplay loop going forward , (but i cant help but feel it will be a different game altogether than what we are used to) lets hope it doesnt become conclave.

15 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

You mean aside from all the balance issues and bugs, graphical and otherwise, right?

That isnt really what I said. Balance, bugs, graphical issues and so on are the reasons we have this early version so they can iron them out through feedback. That isnt what the OP seems to refer to because he seems to think the mode is fully released and need more of a full overhaul while using the word fix to describe it.

We do need fixes for the other things, except for balance which I wholeheartedly do not agree on. Just because you can go to Veil doesnt mean you should go to Veil. If your RJ+loadout arent up for it, then it obviously isnt the place for you. Not everything needs to be catering to every player. If you balance Empyrean around bad builds from earth through veil then the endgame ready players will suffer... again, like they do in all other newly released content that they quickly balance to cater to every bad loadout on the planet.

Leave something for the actual endgame ready people for once.

The rest I agree with, no one likes graphical bugs or bugs in general. So again, the only "fix" is the virtual horizon because I think that is a feature and not an actual bug that is planned to be fixed.

11 hours ago, Test-995 said:

Ah, so they don't have to do anything to veil sentient ships, and you'll keep suffering...

See above.

8 hours ago, Atekron said:

who said raids was mistake? they just lack manpower to maintain them, because all resources were wasted on "railjacks" and "open worlds"

it was a bit more than just lacking man power, the modes were just too resource extensive as a whole and very prone to breaking at even minor additions to the game, spare manpower of not it's hard to justify using so much excess on a single area of content because of its internal design just isn't holding up. de did commit to wanting to redesign and bring back raids in a more stable state in the future, but lord knows when that'll be delivered on given how quick de jump from project to project. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

it was a bit more than just lacking man power, the modes were just too resource extensive as a whole and very prone to breaking at even minor additions to the game, spare manpower of not it's hard to justify using so much excess on a single area of content because of its internal design just isn't holding up. de did commit to wanting to redesign and bring back raids in a more stable state in the future, but lord knows when that'll be delivered on given how quick de jump from project to project. 

Especially when you remember just how small the raiding community actually was at the time.

• Like 1

the rest of the game is kinda the same way, isn't it? Parkour and Guns+Abilities makes a good starting platform, then you just need stuff to do and in either case, the stuff to do part doesn't really happen.
though we did get about 10% of Railjack with this Update, so there is certainly some more to expect, and perhaps it isn't just more Exterminate Missions and slight adjustments to the same Base Objective.

On 2020-01-02 at 6:58 PM, TARINunit9 said:

that will just surround and overpower you unless you pass the "gear check" and kill them the second they spawn

other than the Eviscerators which seem like they have the wrong Weapon Stats for the Weapons they're actually using (it feels like they're still using the Damage/Status Stats from Miter but in a Twin Grakata form), is that even really applicable? the other Enemies seem about normal to me, for higher Level stuff.
the Scorches hurt a bit via the Fire Rate of Ignis (and that applying Ice Status to me repeatedly is pain even with me being able to dispel Status on a whim), and the Raider dudes that spam the entire room with Cluster Missiles (from a Tonkor???????) just by virtue of them spamming the entire room with overlapping AoE's, though.

still, just the probably broken Eviscerators are 90% of my deaths on the ground in Railjack.

Edited by taiiat

In my personal opinion I think it is worth the time to work on. I've done hundreds of hours and I think I have a pretty good grasp on the game to make some suggestions. The first thing is let me know who is on my crew, unless I'm blind I don't see anywhere on the UI who is on my crew, I see when they join but if I'm too busy to see that I won't know. They need to show this so you know. Another thing is Intrinsics, right now when your in mission it shows you the total of your intrinsics not the gain which it should do in keeping with all the rest of the UI's we are use to. This part might have to do with balancing but right now my personal ship has over 2000 shields, now if my shields are never depleted how in the heck am I getting fires or ruptures, I can understand if my shields are gone but not when I still have shields, that has to change.  This is just an suggestion just for the coolness of it, but it would be a nice effect to see our ship warp in like Battlestar Galactica or Star Wars into a mission. Since the beginning I have had only one crash, so I guess I have been one of the lucky ones, my playing has been pretty smooth. One last thing in World of Warships you have the option of inserting your own game music, it would be kinda fun to be able to do that. I know some of these are cosmetic and Qol suggestions but that is what would make the game more fun for me. I didn't touch on the grind because that would be redundant since we all know it's insane and needs to be looked at but these are my suggestions.

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

That isnt really what I said. Balance, bugs, graphical issues and so on are the reasons we have this early version so they can iron them out through feedback. That isnt what the OP seems to refer to because he seems to think the mode is fully released and need more of a full overhaul while using the word fix to describe it.

We do need fixes for the other things, except for balance which I wholeheartedly do not agree on. Just because you can go to Veil doesnt mean you should go to Veil. If your RJ+loadout arent up for it, then it obviously isnt the place for you. Not everything needs to be catering to every player. If you balance Empyrean around bad builds from earth through veil then the endgame ready players will suffer... again, like they do in all other newly released content that they quickly balance to cater to every bad loadout on the planet.

Leave something for the actual endgame ready people for once.

The rest I agree with, no one likes graphical bugs or bugs in general. So again, the only "fix" is the virtual horizon because I think that is a feature and not an actual bug that is planned to be fixed.

Just wanted to make sure I understood you correctly. Thanks for the clarification.

For me the question isn't "Should they continue working on it", because I think that decision has already been made and was made before we ever saw it. 

I think the question should be "How many of our core and new players want a space combat simulation?".

And even better "How many of our core and new players want a space combat simulation where you have to hide your combat ship and go out bare assed naked in your archwing (which is about to be nerfed) and take on the enemies so your paper tiger ship doesn't get destroyed by the first couple of level 1 fighters that come along, until you gather enough resources to repair all the junk upgrades you collected so your warship is at least as powerful as your archwing?". 

I don't have the answer for everyone, of course. But none of the people I play with are interested. The friends I've taken out on my Railjack have played a couple of missions with me then said "Let's go back to doing something fun".

• Like 4

6 hours ago, taiiat said:

the other Enemies seem about normal to me, for higher Level stuff.

That's exactly what I said. And it's not just the boarding crews that have the same "gear check" game design as the rest of the game (even if boarding crews have 100x more health than they're supposed to, literally), the fighters and crewships will just surround and pummel you unless you have the DPS and Revolite needed to kill them before they kill you

I think it's totally worth fine tuning. I think it is something special. It's almost battlefront like boarding ships. Problem is in typical DE fashion, The objective has so little interaction that it becomes a moot point. Even battlefront had 3 things to do before you could effectively down a ship, "causing more gameplay".

Let me whittle a reactor down blasting pieces off it, exposing its center. A few types of mini games to gain access or such. Thicken the core experience, right now it's just too shallow! Rewards too slight.

Add more routines to the a.i, just the immediate mixed up of altered engagement would do wonders?

Make enemies more vocal and taunting!

DE also need to weave it through the rest of game. Change a philosophy or two.

• 1 month later...

I love Railjack, me and my friends basicly abandoned the "core game" and only go for Railjack every day when we play together. The sad part is that DE really should optimize it a bit, do some balance changes and really remove all those glitches that occure in pretty much every single game.
It has alot of potential and the core game is pretty much optimized already in my opinion so why shouldn't they be able to put some extra time into Railjack? When pretty much all the content they release for the core game are new frames and primes anyway and doesn't need much manpower. The new lotus quest gonna be Railjack related anyway so they should fix as much as they can before that.

Just because they put effort into one thing doesn't mean they gonna neglect the rest, that's kinda why companies have different teams and cells.

Peace out, love you all Tenno!

It does seem to be polarizing -- unlike @Psychedellic, I went the opposite direction. I did all the Railjack stuff and went back to the core game instead. I haven't done any railjack for weeks...maybe more than a month? 

That doesn't say to me one choice is better than the other, but it does suggest to me that they need to really jam on this integration thing, or they'll end up having created two games to support. If they want this to feel like one thing, they better hustle. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe