Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minus Combo Duration debuff breaks combo count?

hammerlol100

Question

Hello dear community, I've a question about a debuff in my riven. It basicly has "-6.3s Combo Duration" as debuff. After my tests it apprently killed my combo count on that melee. The combo counter is completly gone! I mean, that can't be intented?

z3v78yq9.jpg

Edited by hammerlol100

9 answers to this question

You can't build up a combo if the duration on how long you can hold a combo is 0 seconds. Hypothetically, every hit you land is giving you a bit of combo, but instantly taking it away. That's why you can't see it.

If you wanted to get around that stat, you could maybe use Corrupt Charge to lock your Combo counter to 30. If you set up a Charge Attack build (ie without Blood Rush or Weeping Wounds) then that Riven would actually be half-decent at it.

3 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Base combo window is 5 seconds so, yeah, that mod kills it unless you also add a mod that increases Combo Duration.

Hm ok, that's just huge bad luck i guess, that riven is almost a god roll for my build but yeah. Thank you for your friendly response.

4 minutes ago, hammerlol100 said:

Hm ok, that's just huge bad luck i guess, that riven is almost a god roll for my build but yeah. Thank you for your friendly response.

You can still use other mods to get some combo time, like Body Count or Drifting Contact. The new aura from arbitrations helps too. 

I've got a Twin Krohkur riven that's godly except that same neg you have. I use Drifting and the aura to make it work. It does.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)death404 said:

You can still use other mods to get some combo time, like Body Count or Drifting Contact. The new aura from arbitrations helps too. 

I've got a Twin Krohkur riven that's godly except that same neg you have. I use Drifting and the aura to make it work. It does.

There's no space left in my build. I already rerolled it^^