Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DElayed updates are better than incomplete ones.

(PSN)Swarmtorn

Just now, Test-995 said:

Yeah, it already exists.

what's the point?

You want to say DE can make their own decisions? This community wouldn't stand it. Still remember about the hema grind where DE decided to not reduce the research cost at all because clans that have finished the research?

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

Do those full games have the community constantly nagging and breathing down their neck for release date and screaming content drought? Do those games release something in that 2 years? Do we really have that 2 years with nothing at all before railjack release?

You want to bring other games? Sure, let's ask DE to focus for 2 years, with nothing added and no information at all and release a massive package after that 2 years. That's how you like it right?

Hey what you say is too extreme

Edited by (PS4)TEWOOK2

Just now, 844448 said:

You want to say DE can make their own decisions? This community wouldn't stand it. Still remember about the hema grind where DE decided to not reduce the research cost at all because clans that have finished the research?

If they want to change something, they can use reasoning of "community asked for this".

And if they don't want to change something, they can also use reasoning of "community asked for this".

Heh.

I am not sure either is the answer,

Reminds me of an old quote,

I can do it fast or i can do it well, i cant do it both.

I would prefer they do it well enough at a steady pace - in moderation.

DE with their track record have shown they are terrible at planning ahead and managing their time and resources.

But the problem (not sure problem is the word) is DE does what they want , they are not beholden to the players opinions or expectations, despite their claims to the contrary. so there is no reason to defend them and especially poor taste to blame a part of the community for it.

So currently they are neither fast enough nor well enough,

but not because they are lazy , but because they are poor in understanding their own capabilities (and lack of it),

Trying to climb mount Everest (and telling everyone they will do so) , realise they are not going to make it (after reaching the base of the mountain they have only packed their summer clothes) and deciding that is good enough and go home.

Just now, 844448 said:

Can't rush anything? Take a look at intrinsic as an example, playing normally getting 1024 intrinsic for one tree would take longer than 2 weeks provided you're not using any tricks like stealth kill and spending whole days for that. I would say I'm on the slow side because I'm still at 5/3/5/4 but getting 4096 Intrinsics in 2 weeks is questionable if it's no-life or efficient.

That's their fault, but overhyping is considered normal nowadays where triple A games do that so I believe they made that mistake and fall to marketing hype like others

More things? Wouldn't stop every rushers to rush and harder things to do? We already have thread about railjack balance being busted when it's not and asking for enemy nerf. Do they have Hyperstrike, the serration for railjack before saying it's busted? I doubt that but when harder things cause people crying, I don't expect we'll get any hard things to do

No you can't rush something unless there's a way to rush.Those tricks are on the devs, they allow them in the first place(their fault for having the community as testers).

A skill tree for example, tie that with some new nodes, missions, difficulty and quests, not quest, as you progress and you get something that can last a year until your next update.Pretty simple and effective.Have dungeons instead of empty caves in open worlds, have quests in open worlds, there are plenty of things they can add instead of a timewall.And yeah i agree people don't want difficulty because every update till now comes in their plate, everything is open at MR5 because that's how they got the big wave of players and now they can't put something that needs progression out without backlash.

Again their fault, they wanted new people to bring in cash fast and this is the result, they could have worked their way up to make the player wanting to progress further in the game and reach points like open worlds etc but hyping the new updates and making new players literally start from them seemed better to their wallets.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DeathDweller said:

A skill tree for example, tie that with some new nodes, missions, difficulty and quests, not quest, as you progress and you get something that can last a year until your next update.Pretty simple and effective.Have dungeons instead of empty caves in open worlds, have quests in open worlds, there are plenty of things they can add instead of a timewall.

So stretching them like most do through mandatory "do this and that to get progression" like solar rails? And what kind of dungeon you can expect warframe to have as warframe enough? At best I can only think randomised tileset we always have from the start. Quests in open worlds? Incursion it is

Cant agree more.

Layed it better than an imcomplete ones. I'm sure DEs  know it .But  we have wait for too long,and we ned something new(Well, the Rail Jack and Kuva Lich) to play,or people will focus on their mb games and others, but DE massed it.

The Kuva Lich which with the R-N-G system aim to delay the players to upgrade,obvisouly. 

The Rail jack   with so many bugs,i feel they`re not respect your time. bugframe you know.   🙄

DE should know that  takes lot of time to develop it  but ecapse the promise  they have promised  let  me(and you )down.  I dont buy it.

Dont do that again PLZ.

Edited by Herisen_Version1.0
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Example please

Literally i'm playing Digimon Monsters:Ultimate evolution right now.Even if the game has P2W elements and timewalls you can keep playing all day long with managing your resources ,earn in game currency and still be better than P2W players because you put more time to it.

6 minutes ago, 844448 said:

So stretching them like most do through mandatory "do this and that to get progression" like solar rails? And what kind of dungeon you can expect warframe to have as warframe enough? At best I can only think randomised tileset we always have from the start. Quests in open worlds? Incursion it is

Orokin dig site.Have a forgotten underground Orokin civilization, progress through the dungeon fighting Orokin machines, reach the end fight the boss get your drop.Quests as go there do that have your reward that will make you stronger and help you on your next quest, go to that other city/town help that guy there and get that quest.That's what open worlds are all about.Those "Open worlds" that WF has are called instances in other games.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 844448 said:

As against waiting a mandatory wait time to build your rail jack ? yeah , i would much rather prefer that, you seem to think DE doesn't already employ "busy work".

Every single mission that is not open word is effectively a dungeon from a perspective, have enemies scale as you progress, put a specific boss at the end of it and you have a good enough loop for a classic dungeon.

the sentient tile set gives a much better "dungeon feel" according to me. similar tile sets can be made for caves.

Incursions are (were?) not quests , they are more akin to random encounters.

Bounties could have been decent quests , they still can be.

2 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

You can't blame a buggy update on players. When a taxi driver crashes his car into something coz the passenger urges him to "go faster", the driver is to be blamed coz he caused the crash.

It takes years for CDKR and Rockstar to make a game, people might complain on their development time but ultimately if they decide to rush buggy things out instead it's entirely their fault.

You're comparing way bigger studios with way more people and way bigger budgets. I'm not saying DE should get a free pass for not putting more polish on railjack before releasing it, but I dont think it's fair to ignore completely, the role "we want it NOW. Muh content drought" whining/pressure puts on them. 

2 hours ago, Test-995 said:

I didn't.

Cool. 

2 hours ago, DeathDweller said:

People screamed and cried but railjack and liches were in the works for 2+ years, not 6 months.Full games with more content and less bugs can be and have been made in the same timespan.

I dont buy that its a fair comparison. DE isnt a huge developer and, its not like railjack and kuva liches have been getting 100% of the companies manpower and resources either. There have been plenty of other things on their plate. 

and again, I dont necessarily feel DE should get a free pass. I wish they would have either a) delayed it or b) been more upfront about the impending bugginess and let us know in advance that it isnt "finished", but let's not pretend they wouldn't get S#&$ on for delaying it either. 

il y a 1 minute, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA a dit :

I dont buy that its a fair comparison. DE isnt a huge developer and, its not like railjack and kuva liches have been getting 100% of the companies manpower and resources either. There have been plenty of other things on their plate. 

DE is something like 300 employees company, it's not small at all. It's pretty big.

And to have plenty other things on their plate is one of the main problem with the scale of some updates. They put to much resources in some few updates that lead to content drought, forcing them to release it before it's even playable normally and with a huge lack of features. Supposed main big updates become half baked and small content wise while taking too much time to be produced.

You don't have the regularity of small updates nor the content of big ones. DE choose the worst way to manage their planning and resources for too long and that's what is disappointing do many players.

Just now, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

and again, I dont necessarily feel DE should get a free pass. I wish they would have either a) delayed it or b) been more upfront about the impending bugginess and let us know in advance that it isnt "finished", but let's not pretend they wouldn't get S#&$ on for delaying it either. 

300+ people are more than enough to make a game but i won't stand there.This is a measly update and it was been developed for more than 2 years.They broke it in how many parts?1 liches 2 drydock 3 main ship and flight 4 will be that squad link crew etc?5 next batch of enemies and probably goes on?Even in parts, they came out unfinished, unpolished, buggy and broken.Anyone thinks that the next part is gonna fix the whole thing?From my experience it won't.

It doesn't get any more "We took our time and made it more easy for us to release" than how they got it and everything came pretty bad.In my books it doesn't get any lower than this, i mean this is no man's sky low.If you guys are ok with this fine but i don't see the game getting through 2021 like this.

• Like 1