Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean bringing new type of grind.. stop!

Dauggie

Just now, Vaeldious said:

Fair enough.

For what it's worth, I do pity you. 

Spare me your pity. I'm quite content knowing the only people that continue to challenge me can only do so on a conditional basis while disregarding entire stat categories. At least you're straightforward and aren't predicating your posts on the defense of a fallacious statement. That's a nice change of pace. I don't take shots at bystanders with opinions, just fools with structurally invalid arguments.

Just now, FashionFrame said:

Do you get it now? Hope so.

Only if you get that OP is totally full of crap when he claims MK1 parts are objectively better than MK3 parts. You know what the best part is? I think random loot itself is total BS and shouldn't even be a thing. But instead I'm here being constantly replied to by people defending a factually false hyperbole.

Just now, Mints said:

Spare me your pity.

You've made yourself abundantly clear already about how little others opinions mean to you despite your display of character which appears to contradict that, so it's safe to assume I'm well aware of that.

Unfortunately that's not how gifts work. Pity, is my gift to you. Possibly, for once, you won't get your way this time. I do sincerely hope things improve for you, should you seek it.

Just now, Vaeldious said:

You've made yourself abundantly clear already about how little others opinions mean to you despite your display of character which appears to contradict that, so it's safe to assume I'm well aware of that.

Unfortunately that's not how gifts work. Pity, is my gift to you. Possibly, for once, you won't get your way this time. I do sincerely hope things improve for you, should you seek it.

👌

43 minutes ago, Mints said:

Only if you get that OP is totally full of crap when he claims MK1 parts are objectively better than MK3 parts. You know what the best part is? I think random loot itself is total BS and shouldn't even be a thing. But instead I'm here being constantly replied to by people defending a factually false hyperbole.

Uh, again, that's how you're seeing it. You think that's what it is despite common sense saying otherwise, and that the statement he was clearly implying was that you have a CHANCE at getting MK1s that are actually better than MK3s. I made a whole thing about it. Did you even read my post or just quote the ending, pretending you read?

1 hour ago, FashionFrame said:

Uh, again, that's how you're seeing it. You think that's what it is despite common sense saying otherwise, and that the statement he was clearly implying was that you have a CHANCE at getting MK1s that are actually better than MK3s. I made a whole thing about it. Did you even read my post or just quote the ending, pretending you read?

That's what he stated that it was. Burden of proof is on him. You want to argue that random loot stats are annoying and their ranges can be inconsistent or even flagrantly silly? Great. Go for it. I won't argue with you. I will, however, argue with him about what he stated. If you want to jump into that argument and defend what he said be my guest, but what he said is indefensible. If you have to attach conditions to his statement then his statement is untrue.

This is the same type of grind that there is in The Division, which I do not like at all, as was stated above you could get a mk3 type of item and the stats could be worse than a MK1 of the same item, which makes it even worse type of grind than The Division, in that game you could be looking for a gun like the Bullfrog, which is rare and finally get it and it could have worse stats than a common gun.

7 hours ago, Chewarette said:

But... You don't even need a Meta Railjack to begin with

You need a Warframe and correct weapons to play 99% of this game. But you can have a full MK1 Railjack with poor stats and no Reactor and still do Railjack Veil Proxima content, because you don't even need a Railjack.

And what you're saying doesn't make sense. You're talking as if a Reactor with +100 Avionics and +8500 Flux, a Shield Array with +20 billion shield and Engines with +Lightspeed were mandatory to even play Empyrean. They're not. you can perfectly use your Railjack with standard Zetki MKIII Reactors you'll have 25 of per mission, sure you won't be able to equip full Zetki optimized avionics but you'll be fine.

Your comparison doesn't make sense here. You're comparing an Orokin Reactor for your Warframe to a +100 Avionics Reactor for the Railjack. If you want to be consistent, you have to compare an Orokin Reactor to .. whatever Reactor for your Railjack. If you want to compare the Vidar MKIII Reactor with 100 Avionics to something else in the game, do it with an Umbral Forma and R10 Umbral Intensify. And no, you don't need that either on a Warframe to do any T4 Void (or any Warframe content at all).

Don't compare a top-notch Railjack full Meta to a basic functionality of a Warframe. Otherwise, compare your Vidar MKIII Railjack with full Zetki max avionics to a Prime Warframe with Exilus Slot and 8 Umbral polarities. Do you see the point here ?

As I stated in another post of mine in this thread, Railjacks are modded like pets. You have to put in eHP, utility, and damage, and a lot of the mods you want to install have a high capacity cost. Or, if you were around back then, it is like when Warframes had to equip their abilities, but with the mod costs of today. Oh, and there's no forma. All while having to deal with a mod capacity dictated by RNG.

And as I said in another post, your don't need to equip avionics in your railjack anymore than you need to equip mods in your warframe and weapons (see the Grendel missions). It just makes the experience enjoyable.

And saying you don't need your railjack because you can use archwing is like saying you don't need a warframe because you kitted out your operator to the nth degree. Sure, it might be true, but it means that you are missing out on a major portion of the game.

And if the solution to not being able to kit out your railjack because of how rarely you can obtain capacity is to not use your railjack, why did DE even release this update? If you aren't going to use your railjack, why do the content?

The fact that Railjack in it's current state makes players want to play archwing instead is a major issue, given how low the general opinion on archwing was before the update, and there certainly weren't any buffs to archwing (in fact, it was nerfs across the board) to warrant the increase in use and interest.

I use my railjack in missions. It has a Sigma MK3 reactor. And it sucks. I can barely equip 3 flavor mods after installing the Big 4 (Zetki Hyperstrike, Bulkhead, Hull Weave, and Polar Coil). I have empty R3 grid slots and extra Dirac lying around because I don't have the capacity to equip anything. And not equipping those 4 mods would be like not equipping Link Armor, Link Health, Bite, and Maul on a pet that I am modding to kill enemies.

And the original argument of my reply to you (and the part you quoted) was that Railjack components can be not OK even if Rivens are OK. And as I said before, the main difference is that there are no rivens that can affect energy capacity, shields, sprint speed, or, most importantly, increase mod capacity.

There is a reason why Orokin Reactors are considered mandatory on a warframe if you want to do more than pump MR and dump. So why would you think that a reactor in Railjack (which serves the same purpose of increasing mod/avionics capacity) wouldn't be mandatory, assuming a player actually wants to use the thing they invested several hours and millions of credits into? And if it is mandatory, why would it be ok for one item to randomly determine the effectiveness of literally every other stat? On warframes, we get an Orokin Reactor (+30) and an aura (+14-18) to add to our original 30 for a total of 74-78 to spread across 9 mod slots. In railjack, you have anywhere from 40-130 capacity to spread across 15 slots. As I said in another post, I understand that we aren't supposed to fill every one of those slots, but the level of variance is much larger than for warframes.

And lets just take up the argument at the end of your post for a moment. You claim that a +100 avionics reactor is equivalent to a fully forma'd Prime warframe with the Exilus unlocked. I am going to ignore the 8 umbral polarities part as that would hider far more than it would help. Lets just assume that the whole thing is forma'd perfectly for the build and still uses every point of capacity, with every singe mod contributing to its effectiveness. The perfect warframe build, if you would.

My question is, if that is what a +100 capacity reactor is equivalent to, then why is it ok for something like that to be handed out to or withheld from the player based on random chance? If a player were to have that perfect Warframe build, it is because they spent the time to apply all of those forma to the warframe, re-ranking from 0 each time. That theoretical player ranked up their warframe 11 times. They worked for it, and every step of the way was a bit of progress towards their goal

In railjack, you can get a 100 capacity reactor on your first mission in the Veil. You can fail to get it after 1000 missions in the Veil. Skill might make those 1000 missions shorter, but in the end, you are no closer to your goal of a +100 reactor than you were when you played the first mission.

If Rivens affected the base stats of weapons, so that other mods on that weapon used the new, boosted base stats, or if warframe rivens were released, then I would have an issue with the Riven system, as it would be the same as the current Component system. I'm fine with a single mod on the weapon being random, or a single damage type. I am not ok with the mod capacity of anything being random. There is a major discrepancy of power level there.

6 hours ago, Mints said:

That's what he stated that it was. Burden of proof is on him. You want to argue that random loot stats are annoying and their ranges can be inconsistent or even flagrantly silly? Great. Go for it. I won't argue with you. I will, however, argue with him about what he stated. If you want to jump into that argument and defend what he said be my guest, but what he said is indefensible. If you have to attach conditions to his statement then his statement is untrue.

It's like...you're not even reading anything I'm saying and just continue to display a one-minded thought. Stop reading what he's saying the way you wish he'd be saying it. It's obnoxious.

Gonna point it out AGAIN, he didn't even once say that ALL Mk1s are better than MK3s. Anyone (besides you obviously) can put 1 and 1 together and see OP means that MK1s have a RNG chance to be better than Mk3. My gosh. While everyone else here can see what OP means clearly, you on the other hand continue to mindless say "Oh no this is how he says it, I won't accept any other way because that goes against my argument" even though, logically speaking, OP wouldn't ever say that ALL MK1s are better than MK3s. That's redundant.

At this point, just gonna accept that your ignorance is bliss and just end it here, you really don't understand this ordeal in the slightest.

But, please, do go on.

Just gonna watch you, (Herrwann69 explains it best), "fighting alone against a straw man while claiming you are smarter than everybody else."

Because boooiii you really are on your own on this one.