Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there any way to queue JUST for Thermia Fractures?

(XBOX)TwinStripeUK

I've been trying to get this done since the event restarted, as hadn't gotten any of the mods or the Opticor Vandal yet, and it's been unbelievably painful!

I either get matched with people who are incredibly clueless, woefully under-levelled or have a completely different objective to chase (no doubt there will be somebody telling me how easy it is to solo, while quietly forgetting that they've got 6 years more experience, warframe collecting and mod drops than I have).

As an example, my best run (with a good group) netted 21 closures before somebody had to head back. One person was scouting fractures, while the other three gathered canisters. Once we started a seal, one person concentrated on protecting the fracture, one concentrated on taking out nullifiers and reinforcement beacons while the other two took out the mobs as soon as they spawned, and this was all without any voice or text comms taking place.

All well and good.

Compare this to last night's debacle

1) Got grouped with toroid farmers three times on the trot who weren't even interested in fractures

2) Grouped with three players under MR5, one of whom was MR 2 and still had MK1 weapons equipped. Two of them flew off with their Archwings. I marked the fracture, threw up a snow globe and waited for one of them to bring back a canister... and waited... and waited... then after five minutes, all three came back (without a canister) and just sat on the fracture. So off I troop, fetch a canister and on the way back to the fracture, two of them leave the group and the MR2 goes AWOL...

3) Spawned into a group which already looked in progress, as they were at opposite ends of the map, and one of them has marked a waypoint. The one closest to the fracture immediately decides to go HAM and start the fracture by themselves, but while I'm heading over to their location I immediately see the alert level ramping up. It turns out the other two have decided to farm toroids and by the time I get to the fracture, the other guy has died three times under the onslaught from a 4 alert level mob and then left the group.

All in all I played for around three hours and managed a grand total of FOUR fractures due to all the $&*^ing around with mismatched groups (plus the countless times that I returned to the Orbiter and tried to restart the activity only to watch the 'Finding Squad' prompt do nothing for 2-3 minutes at a time). That's more time than it took me to complete the 21 on the previous evening.

On the plus side, I finally managed to discover a fail-safe way to escape the 'falling through the scenery' loop without having to abort the mission...

I get that everyone has different aims and plans while playing the game, but if I queue for an activity, shouldn't I be queuing FOR THE ACTIVITY, not just thrown in a group with an RNG chance of doing it?

• Like 1

I might have to try that instead... I mean, I'm quite used to the joy of PUGs in this and other games, but at least most of the time you actually get a group that are trying to achieve the same aim. At the moment this just feels like going to a Barber and asking for a short back and sides, but leaving with hair extensions...

Just now, AlfredDean said:

recruit chat

It's looking more and more like this is what I'm going to have to do, which (working in European time) means I'm probably going to be excluding a few non-english speakers which the matchmaking would normally pick up. That's a bit of a shame, as I'd much rather get the bigger pool to pull from. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers I suppose...

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

What non sense are you talking about ? A matchmaking for open world tasks ? Then what, explanations about what to do ? 

Selecting the 'Thermia Fractures' event doesn't seem to match you to an instance of that, just a general 'free-roam' group in the open world.

Does that make less 'non sense'??

2 hours ago, (XB1)TwinStripeUK said:

Selecting the 'Thermia Fractures' event doesn't seem to match you to an instance of that, just a general 'free-roam' group in the open world.

I'm not sure how I could have worded it any better.

If the game is mixing 2 pools of players in the same games but from different sources, it's a bug.

It's a fairly obvious bug too because people ask in chat if you're doing fractures. Why ask if there's an alert dedicated to it? Because it's broken and using the incorrect pool of players for matching. It is erroneously placing people who consciously clicked on the fracture alert into FREE ROAM instances. So you get fisherman and morons in your group.

This would be like choosing to do a sortie which happens to be a free roam mission on the plains BUT it matches you with 3 fisherman in FREE ROAM instead.

This isn't a player behavior problem, it's a bloody bug.

Edited by IIDMOII

15 minutes ago, IIDMOII said:

I'm not sure how I could have worded it any better.

😄

I wonder if anyone else noticed that...

It's pretty annoying that this seems to be the only 'alert' that works like this - all of the standard alerts, syndicate missions, void fissures, sorties etc all place you in the correct instance despite sharing locations with standard missions and locations.

As for the player behaviour, it's kind of a yes/no answer - in the instance where the two players started the toroid farm, they actually waited until AFTER the other player had started the fissure before escalating the alert level (which was a pretty $&*^ move, TBH, when they could have actually left the group and then reformed their own one)..

Il y a 9 heures, (XB1)TwinStripeUK a dit :

You don't get my sarcasm, you are totally right and it's the kind of big/missing features DE doesn't care to fix. As simple explanations about what to do in new content.