Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I currently have 3,542 relics. Can we please have a relic exchange or dissolve feature?

Darkhorse66

On 2020-01-04 at 12:34 AM, Xaero said:

Yeah, would be really nice to have a new endo-like system for relics, where you gain the currency by dissolving possessed relics. This currency could be used to buy latest relics and open your relics without going to fissure missions.

Just being able to melt them into traces would be decent.

Dont complain guys,surely if this wil be loud enough they will simply reduce rate of drop(aka making grind harder) and u will complain that relics are hard to get:D.

I have like 5k relics and i don't mind it, they are good trade chip(especially vaulted ones)

I had so many relics to open, I kept track with the total number of relics I had months ago. I opened a whole lot of relics in a few months. With so many Ducats, about a month ago, I have gotten 3 day resource booster from Ki teer, 10 times, for a total of 30 day resource booster.

October 2, 2019
157 Lith + 271 Meso + 866 Neo + 120 Axi = 1414 relics.

January 4, 2020
0 Lith + 8 Meso + 3 Neo + 2 Axi + 30 Requiem = 43 relics.

We should be able to load em in the cannon on railjack and lob them at crew ships. 

Commander: " Crewship approaching and were outta ordinance omg! Load up the dud relics"

Lieutenant Gunner: "Armed and ready commander" 

Commander: "Fire those Limbo relics at will soldier and don't be stingey, I got 500 more"

OOrah

Edited by bananacat89
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Honestly, I still wish we could dissolve Relics for Void Traces. The Void Trace grind is EASILY the worst, most unpleasant aspect of Void Fissures, so having some way to circumvent it at a loss would be very welcome.

3 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Melting into traces is suggested often, but I will keep upvoting it until it happens.

Which quite literally is the most easiest way to do it on a base level of fixing the crap up.

But i will still stand by my statements alot more needs to happen since the same gag as being able to trade kuva lich, to get specific weapons, did not resolve the issue with kuva lich grinding alone.

The entire concept of fissures needs the following and getting at least 2 of them(preferably all of them honestly) in, would be a ground-breaking fix on loads of ends, which the not-much was changed to it current fissure system, is a tiresome system that burns out many indeed.

• Improve the functionality of removal of excess relic stock to disolve them into something useful like a nice hunk of void traces. Especially since regardless of tier or refinement level, you ALWAYS get 6-30 traces once that relic is opened, with only resource booster modifiers affecting it.

• Redesign how bonus traces are earned. Enough with this +5 bonus trace if someone picks your relic. Make it a static bonus if a person opens a relic at the same time you open a relic. Which honestly needs to be a +33% bonus per extra player involved, aka double the trace gain for all 4 players, if all 4 players opened a relic for that round. Which even in a 2 man group would equal about a +2~+10 trace gain, which has much more value, since everyone gets some extra traces, not just a single person.

• Redesign the GOD. DAMN. ENDLESS FISSURE BONUS., I rant this one alot but there is ZERO reason to have affinity boosters, credit boosters or even resource drop chance boosters during a fissure farm. Heck even the bonus relic on the 5th round could be a major complaint. It should be +25% bonus void traces after each round, especially since its suppose to CAP at +200% and KIND OF HARD TO, if no one wants to run more then 4 or even care to touch 8 rounds in a fissure farm. Plus if we do not have any system to BURN more relics at a time then one a round, its obvious that the stock is going to be to such absurd levels, that people rather burn common relics then spam radiant ones for particular items, if no real boon exists besides a so-called better odds, of what could be between 3 to 18ish relic rounds to get enough traces to radiant even one relic. 

• Plus lets stop with this friendship fiasco crap and remove relic sharing al-together. Just like with Void Traces, Relic `sharing` is an annoying addition that just made chasing after certan parts more annoying. If D.E. never put this thing in, people would be fine with the rotational reward drop style like usual and would of became tolerant to the system. Now that everyone is spoiled on it. Only way D.E. is likely going to fix this annoyance is make it so regardless of party size, regardless of who put reactants in or not, EVERYONE gets several rolls on thar OWN relic, with 3 choices likely, so they do not need to run with the same relic runners or have to rely on others to run relics with forma or no forma to get rarer parts. Because when people do not care about what relic your running, then everyone can just focus on putting on some smooth jazz and just enjoying the farm instead of sweating over bad rolls a whole lot less. Especially if they want to just RUN with friends and they put whatever they want in while you run what your chasing after.

• Also anyone else getting tired of Fissures just randomly rotating mission types and you often end up with situations where theres no endless or no non-endless or even no fissures of your tier showing up and not updating for as much as an hour long??? Seriously, we should just have fissures put back in the dang void and maybe throw in we can just get void traces for just doing content in general in the void. Because thats what void fissures is about, the freaking void, Combined with the previous suggestion i feel like it would let people, have less trouble just enjoying the farm with some smooth jazz music on and with less mission nodes for the fissures themselves, it means more people could group up easier and just enjoy the farm. Because it honestly does not make sense for low level players to get thar hands on primes extremely early in the game unless they bought prime access or something.

• Plus lets not forget that RELIC TIERS honestly means 100% useless meaning, these days since they have no outlining impact besides being a way for D.E. to split up the relic pools, you get no extra reward for running the higher level more difficult relic tiers unless chasing certain parts. Which pretty much adds into the gag of people having absurd amounts of Neos on top of being a relic commonly got for content most would frequent on other things. In addition to why most would just run lith and meso relics, as long as a GOOD farming fissure is up, to make the content go ALOT faster and have ALOT less hassle when all they want is just ducats, forma bps or even prime junk to sell for platinum.

Anyway theres likely more i could likely list but i think these 6 things i brought up, are a prime good example on what D.E. needs to address with the fissure system and ALSO where they cannot just address one, two or even three things about the system, they need to do so much to it to make it in a bearable state. Because you do not see many other games have people rely on other people to decide what loot they get, outside of maybe a score ranking that could yield more treasure boxes for loot or even more exp/money for doing a high rank clearing if we talk about some other online games. That actually still give a care to progression systems like leveling up.

Edited by Avienas

On 2020-01-04 at 7:15 AM, Darkhorse66 said:

Seriously. I have 3,542 relics, of which 214 are refined. But I never have more than 200-300 void traces and I still have to farm ALL the new relics every time, which live in pools full of all the old relics I already have. Hell, I'd take a 20 or 50:1 exchange at this point. Axi alone I have 359, I don't even know which are vaulted any more. Wait, I didn't count the requiem mods, so it's more like 3,560 or so.

Please?

Eh, I don't really see a problem here. It's not like you need to buy Relic slots for plat or anything, you can just burn the ones you don't need for traces or in random Endurance runs. Should only take you just under 300 total hours  of Survival mode to burn through that pile. Or, if you use a faster Capture fissure which can be done in under a minute, a mere 100-ish hours hours (loading times) to accomplish the same. You will inevitably gain some relics back as mission rewards, but hey, nothing's ever perfect. 😄

P.S.: Sitting on a ~4600 pile here myself. 1412 Lith, 970 Meso, 1820 Neo, 364 Axi, 122 Requiem. Dem Axi relics are too damn rare!

Edited by Reifnir

26 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

Eh, I don't really see a problem here. It's not like you need to buy Relic slots for plat or anything, you can just burn the ones you don't need for traces or in random Endurance runs. Should only take you just under 300 total hours  of Survival mode to burn through that pile. Or, if you use a faster Capture fissure which can be done in under a minute, a mere 100-ish hours hours (loading times) to accomplish the same. You will inevitably gain some relics back as mission rewards, but hey, nothing's ever perfect. 😄

P.S.: Sitting on a ~4600 pile here myself. 1412 Lith, 970 Meso, 1820 Neo, 364 Axi, 122 Requiem. Dem Axi relics are too damn rare!

The issue is how the drop tables are arranged in terms of how you have so few number of axi relics. Even with disruption now acting as a new mission type for easily acquring said relic. you have to directly farm it alone for `efficient` axi relic farming. Older drop tables are honestly in need of a redesign since all previous nodes need to be more generalized or as i said in my previous post, that the whole relic tier system needs to just be axed and just have any relic can be used on any tier. 

Never the less, the issue of cleaning out excess stock is a frustration, because its the same thing as having dozens of slots filled with the same type of item, even if a inventory limit is not present, its annoying to acquire such an absurd number of them and not able to burn them faster then you acquire them. Which you would have to be a nut-job to purposely avoid getting relics while working on other grinds like for kuva, endo, resources, prime parts or grinding warframes/weapons.

Just like how with Dragalia lost, a mobile game i currently enjoy, would be nice if you had the ability to burn extra `other world fragments`, per run, during the raid events, since you get so many of them from casually farming the event and it feels like a waste when the event ends and you have 9000+ (literally) otherworld fragments, its an annoying feeling to have such an excess and you have no capability to clean them out. Which even burning a third or half of them in a short period of time without having to do 5 minute runs for each one, which will likely get replaced often while doing those fissure runs, due to how rotational rewards work.

BUT SERIOUSLY, No one would do 300 rounds of fissure runs, without a full group and still be in a sane mood. You would have to be having a bot running them for such a long time, which warframe`s game design is not something you can run bot scripts for, due to its randomly generated map design and random mob spawn style or basically its lazy sandbox approach to how to handle map generation and enemy spawning. If D.E. continues to just ignore fixing up systems like how MANY content creators have especially been bringing it up, then clearly its just going to turn into any game`s case which was popular for having something interesting, But because the company abused those bits for so long as its catch and never focused on improving the game, then its clear why people want to jump ship to games with more friendly systems. Then be stuck with a boat load of tedious grinding elements like how the fissure system has always been, even for when it first came out and replaced the void key system. No Simplicity, No friendliness, to keep things straight to the point.

Edited by Avienas

To approach it from a slightly different direction...

Don't know how typical this is, but I'd guess 95%+ of my relics are from syndicate relic packs.  If there were another tempting consumable or two available from them--universal medallions, for instance--that would solve some of my future problems with excess relics, even though it wouldn't address the stockpile I already have.

As far as that goes, I'm all in favor of relics getting treatment parallel to mods: transmute / sell for credits / extract traces.  

On 2020-01-04 at 9:35 PM, SenorClipClop said:

I wouldn't mind a minor Ducat conversion on Relics. No more than say 5 or 10 Ducats per Relic, so that running Relic missions is still the best way to farm Ducats, but provide us with a quick way to drain our excess Relic resource into something more useful.

I really like this idea! It'll definitely keep the hunts going and is just enough to be a good balance. Nice!

54 minutes ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

I really like this idea! It'll definitely keep the hunts going and is just enough to be a good balance. Nice!

Oh and of course i would not mind the conversion idea, but even if the rate is 5 or even 2 ducats, i am sure some people will likely abuse with the huge pile or relics. Plus that would just make people want to just burn the relics for the 15 ducat price per despite the tediousness.

This is why i suggested void trace melting or just get us the ability to equip multiple relics at the same time for say HIGHER level fissures, to let one go thru them much faster and get loot much faster. Which could easily be balanced to not allow people stacking the same relic in that new farming aspect if people are worried about people abusing for targeted prime part farming. Which would be kind of stupid when you think about it.

On 2020-01-04 at 6:15 AM, Darkhorse66 said:

Seriously. I have 3,542 relics, of which 214 are refined. But I never have more than 200-300 void traces and I still have to farm ALL the new relics every time, which live in pools full of all the old relics I already have. Hell, I'd take a 20 or 50:1 exchange at this point. Axi alone I have 359, I don't even know which are vaulted any more. Wait, I didn't count the requiem mods, so it's more like 3,560 or so.

Please?

Sounds like a good idea! But please, its DE, forget about it.

I have about that many too. Rather than a way to break them down for trash though what we should be asking for is more interesting ways to open them. 

Passive opening like resource extractors you can set and forget? Maybe parcour challenge room openings? Open one per spy vault? Maybe a cabbage cannon that shoots them out and has a chance to open em. Or simply make more mission types other than collect 10 traces to open it. Some mission types clearly take longer and others dont suit the collect 10 things at all. There must be other ways, because its so mind numbingly boring to run mission after mission to just replace the one you opened with others you receive as mission rewards anyway

• 1 year later...
On 2020-01-04 at 10:45 AM, Darkhorse66 said:

Please?

U can sell the relics and farm platinum and with platinum u can get stuffs which can give u endo

1 hour ago, Saran_appu said:

U can sell the relics and farm platinum and with platinum u can get stuffs which can give u endo

So you resurrected an old thread without comprehending the issue.

While cracking relics, you end up with more than you open, even if you take them without upgrading them.

If you sell the relics to others, that just moves them around and there are still an increasing number in the system while that person cracks them.

The op has 3500+ relics, I think they probably know how fissures work by now.

1 hour ago, Saran_appu said:

which can give u endo

We want to melt relics for traces, not endo.

Personally i think we need anther farming system.

There are relics for prime stuff.
There is kuva for rivens.
There is endo & credits for upgrading mods and stuff.

But those all get old quickly, and each usually use the same type of missions. I think we need some sort of farm for the free roam that's renewable and worth it (and before someone says it, focus lenses aren't renewable or worth it, considering you can max out every focus tree w/o a single lens with eidolon shards)

Edited by Joezone619

• 1 month later...

5,623 relics now. Let's say there even was ANYONE interested in 90% of these relics, it would take years to find buyers and make all those trades for plat and "get stuffs which can give u (sic) endo". So no, trading them, or opening them all and trading prime parts isn't viable in large part due to how the trading system is set up in WF. If there were an auction house, I'd just dump them all there and if people bought, great if not, also fine. Wouldn't take up a significant portion of my life.

Also, trading them for even 1 ducat would be pretty horrifically unbalanced. 5,600 ducats would last me a while unless DE accounted for inflation and kept raising Baro's prices (more than they already have).

My suggestions: transmute for void traces and also clean up the damn drop pools, ffs. Give me single locations/missions/challenges for new prime relics so I'm not farming a .1% chance for the relic which has a .1% chance to give me the part I'm looking for.

Relics need an overhaul, it was fine for a while but it's just a garbage ridden system now that really needs to be looked at. As a veteran player it's horribly inefficient, as a new player... it still is. Sure new players can actually use more prime parts but most people set out with a goal of farming a specific frame or weapon.