Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vidar shield passives: You guys test these at all? They are bad. They are very bad.

Skaleek

Shouldnt this be the other way around? DE, surely you realize how absolutely absurd it is to use 50 of your resource dependent flux energy for 50 measly shields, which will be removed from a stray rock hitting my railjack. Please Please tell me this was meant to be the other way around? In ten kills i will completely deplete my 500 flux pool for what? 500 shields? I regenerate 500 shields in seconds...

Igo34fj.png

It's clear to me this was never tested, or even put through any type of sanity.

Oh yeah, while we're at it, the other passive:

maYmIBO.png

You literally cannot get enemies within 50m. Even if you ram them. Pretty sloppy guys. Test your stuff first.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 7

Your mistake is using Vidar Shield Arrays. While Vidar is best for Reactor and Engines, Zetki is better for Shields.

Ya know why?

Because no matter how big of an initial buffer your shields are, they'll get depleted in seconds.

With Zetki, though, you can reduce both the delay and the regeneration rate, meaning if you're good at dodging damage, you can regen hundreds back to your shields mid-combat in the blink of an eye and actually manage to protect your Hull significantly better.

Plus, Zetki passive either boosts Railjack damage when shields are depleted (which, to be fair, doesn't last long, but is still nice) or boosts the shields of your warframes on board the ship by 10% (nice against boarders, and AMAZING for Hildryn!).

I'll agree they have to come up with better passives. Those sound absolutely... broken. In a "stay the hell away from these" way.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Your mistake is using Vidar Shield Arrays. While Vidar is best for Reactor and Engines, Zetki is better for Shields.

Im using a zetki shield. Doesn't mean all the other options should be ridiculously bad.

I would consider using the vidar shield if the passive was reversed and gave me 50 flux energy for every kill i got, and drained 50 shields (Makes way more sense)

Mana vamp with some of the flux powers available would be potent.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Skaleek said:

You literally cannot get enemies within 50m. Even if you ram them. Pretty sloppy guys. Test your stuff first.

is it really using the flux energy? did you tested it? i had the impression they meant your frames energy... but then again, DE is knows for practical jokes ^^)

2 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Doesn't mean all the other options should be ridiculously bad.

That's the problem of DE balancing in a nutshell, if it isn't the best chances are it is so bad that it has trouble justifying why it hasn't been removed.

Like the Stug, anyone remember the Stug?

Really though DE needs to fix this, the issue of random loot being outright useless is something that can kill games with random loot drops...especially when the drops have a resource cost and build on top of being much more rare.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

is it really using the flux energy? did you tested it?

Hell no. I can't be bothered to spend 1.5k asterite just to see if its working like it's worded. I'm taking DE at their description of the passive. If its not correct then its a bug and should be fixed, but i seriously doubt this is a bug. I think it's more likely they put it together and never tested it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Hell no. I can't be bothered to spend 1.5k asterite just to see if its working like it's worded. I'm taking DE at their description of the passive. If its not correct then its a bug and should be fixed, but i seriously doubt this is a bug. I think it's more likely they put it together and never tested it.

asterite sure isn't a problem - titanium more so. but anyway, this doesn't answer the question about being sure that flux energy was meant and not the frame energy (of the host i'd  presume). did no one build one of those shields yet who could verify this?

39 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

asterite sure isn't a problem - titanium more so. but anyway, this doesn't answer the question about being sure that flux energy was meant and not the frame energy (of the host i'd  presume). did no one build one of those shields yet who could verify this?

I've got 250k titanium and 0 asterite. Get back to me when you start crafting some vidar and lavan turrets. I'll craft these if i manage to finish my turrets, but till then, this seems like a waste of a lot of asterite farming to me.

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

I've got 250k titanium and 0 asterite. Get back to me when you start crafting some vidar and lavan turrets. I'll craft these if i manage to finish my turrets, but till then, this seems like a waste of a lot of asterite farming to me.

250K? the hell... even with all my mission (and often thoroughly looting too) done while running both booster i'm certain i only got about half of that (and used up too)... asterite on the other hand i got tons of - enough to build most of the vidar turrets twice. i did get a lot of it from looting every crate and locker on ships and bases, something i see often not done by many players. so maybe that's why you lack this particular resource... still, i wonder why you got so much titanium - just for comparison: how much intrinsics you got already?

10 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

. still, i wonder why you got so much titanium - just for comparison: how much intrinsics you got already?

10/9/9/10, i farm the asteroids, not the bases. Not many bases in gian point. I started opening more chests - they don't appear to drop asterite. I'll try more.

Edited by Skaleek

6 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

10/9/9/10, i farm the asteroids, not the bases. Not many bases in gian point.

i guess that explains it - i only got 6/6/8/9 with some 200 odds unspend.

yes, gian point is a good place to farm intrinsics. i suggest you also loot through the crates and lockers on some other nodes though - even better with the help of the masterthief mod and maybe the kubrow that can open the lockers (or was the mod for both, kavats and kubrows?). anyway, the amount of asterite and those other rare resources are slim at best when farming them from astroids and space junk only.

• 1 year later...
En 4/1/2020 a las 7:00, Skaleek dijo:

I regenerate 500 shields in seconds...

The true question here... why you got shields?

RJ is all about that no shield life embrace it! 

Ok ok , seriously now... some of the passives are just plain bad for tier 3 any way you look at it. Maybe they could be nice/cool for mk1 or the clan researched ones but not for the parts you get from high level content. <----- I'm saying this from a design point of view.... level got nothing special in WF to start with ... just stat padding