Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Weapon Physics

PrimedWrath

There's something that is odd with archwing combat especially when your pursuing the Grineer space fighters. Some archwings have projectile speed but becomes inconsistent or weird when your speed is with the fighter's. Ok, even though this is a sci-fi game there's still a degree of physics in this game which is projectile speed, force exchange, movement, gravity. So in the case of projectile speeds the projectile in this case is moving as if the vectors of the object moving wasn't added to the projectiles. It is if the projectiles were shooting from V0 = 0 Which is odd because in some instances you would be racing the projectiles that you just shot.

For all I know I could be wrong, but this just seems weird to me.  

Edited by PrimedWrath
  • Like 2

I agree, it's kind of weird that motion isn't relative and it's possible that if you're moving forward fast enough you can out run your shots. Same as if you're going the same speed but fire straight behind you the shots should be slowing following your path... But instead travel the same speed as if you're standing still.

As much as I'd if fired shots were relative to motion, I think all the people who like that Archwing is now just a 3D ground field battle would hate it.

Edited by SpringRocker
  • Like 1

They made them slow to force folks to stick to the railjack turrets. I can't even hit crap with dual decurions from more than a few meters away if host has potato or my own router is acting up. Only reasonable weapon in those cases has been the Larkspur, and only because at those same ranges it autoaims and stayed hitscan.

The archwing and proxima environments need an honest sit-down and some proper work.

• Like 1