Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Link Connection,

taiiat

edit:

with other ideas presented, this thread is more for having a Steam link more than anything else.

thread title changed as well.

disclaimer: don't shoot me.

also, no threads in the recent few pages about this, so a new one.

personally, all i want in a Signature is a single line of text, and one URL allowed.

so i can link to my Steam Profile.

honestly, that's not a lot, and takes up practically no space on the page.

i totally understand people having 15 line signatures with 4 URL's and 5 pictures is obnoxious. i don't want that either.

but one line of text and a URL?

Warframe is on Steam, so i imagine i'm not the only one that would like to have a link to their Steam profile.

alternatively, i guess we could have something to be set in our profile to link under our avatar, but a signature sounds simpler IMO.

hell, disable all formatting in the signature even, but just allow plain text and a URL. it's all anyone should need for anything anyways.

if it's that big a deal, Signatures could even collapse, but one line of text isn't that big anyways.

something that discrete doesn't seem like a big issue to me.

Edited by taiiat

If the only purpose was to link to steam profiles, it would probably be easier for them to add a box or something where you put in your steam profile name/code and have it hot-linked to your steam profile. Rather than putting limitations on the signature area and then making sure they're still appropriate. 

While I do agree that linking to steam profile could be good specially if you're looking for companions, I feel that it might break the 'neat-ness' of the forum depending on how it'd be executed. If it wwas information that only showed up on your forum profile that would hardly matter though.

Edited by JinxedFire

it would probably be easier for them to add a box or something where you put in your steam profile name/code and have it hot-linked to your steam profile.

alternatively, i guess we could have something to be set in our profile to link under our avatar

i did mention an alternative. which wouldn't be very intrusive anyways, one line that is a link to said persons' Steam profile.(and it would be far less convenient if i needed to go to someones' profile to see said link).

that being said, maybe the quick info that comes up when you hover on a users' name could contain said link, if a single A Href is THAT big of an issue.

it could be as simple as the word 'Steam' with a link tied to it. 

certainly, having no signatures at all does make a cleaner appearance, but one line isn't a big deal in my mind. it's not the only option, but it's probably the easiest one.

it just makes sense for the Forums to have a bit of connection to Steam since Warframe was added to it a ways back. when Warframe was only available separately from Steam, it was a different story. but since it is, it seems like something we should already have.

Edited by taiiat

I'd personally prefer something like this:

4HdS7.jpg

No extra page height created, same functionality with the capability of expansion that's just as easy as a signature. DE could easily add extra entries as their distribution channels change, as well.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

I'd personally prefer something like this:

works for me. 

edit:

whatever it takes to have a Steam link, in whatever form, as long as it's functional but also fits on the Forum well(and is easily accessible).

also, OP updated & thread title changed.

Edited by taiiat