Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

60 FPS on Switch

AbeHDremake

I do strongly believe us switch users should have the opportunity to play Warframe at 60 FPS, I know the switch isn't that strong, but I do people would sacrifice graphics to have an actual smooth framerate. They could put more options in the settings in order to make it able to be played at 60 FPS, OR have an ability to change the games art style that can give us 60 FPS.

1 hour ago, AbeHDremake said:

I do strongly believe us switch users should have the opportunity to play Warframe at 60 FPS, I know the switch isn't that strong, but I do people would sacrifice graphics to have an actual smooth framerate. They could put more options in the settings in order to make it able to be played at 60 FPS

I don't think you realise just how much of a visual downgrade would be required to get constant 60 FPS on the Switch.  DE would probably have to make an entirely new batch of textures at an incredibly low resolution just to do it.  It's very commendable that Panic Button were even able to get Warframe working on the Switch at all.

1 hour ago, AbeHDremake said:

OR have an ability to change the games art style that can give us 60 FPS.

Yeah that's not how graphics work.  The style doesn't matter, texture resolution does.  And an Art Style change won't have any impact on all the AI, damage calculations and tile loading (all the non-visual code) that still needs to happen either.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial