Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbral Forma should NOT be in Caches

Teitaka

The trouble with hainvg Umbral Forma in these rare caches is that it insentivizes players to NOT complete or properly play the Sentient Ship missions, but instead just abort & retry, leaving public parties on this node a bit of a cluster-f***.

Changing the aquisition method of the Umbral Forma to having it as around a 5% chance upon completing the Sentient Ship annomoly mission, would give players a bit more of a less RNG based reward while still not being too easy to get, as you would still be limited to 1-2 runs the 30 minute window that the ship is avaliable, insentivizing players to play the mission fully/properly.

Leaving the Ephemera in the rare cache IMO is a perfectly valid place to have a rare cosmetic such as that, but with players wanting/needing potentially hundereds of Umbral Formas to fully maximise all frames & wepaons to be able to combat the sentients (especially for upcoming "The New War"), having them in a cache that seems to be a <2% chance to appear, with a low drop rate from said cache, from a mission thats only available around every 3 hours is too much RNG for this kind of an item.

• Like 4

Well part of the issue with the sentient ship is also the weapon parts....

I personally don't like rare crates, they're 'too rare' to put something like ephemera or umbra forma in imo.  I very rarely see them on the star map so considering the short duration of the sentient ship it seems like it's just making a bad situation of rarity even worse, especially considering it seems the ephemera competes with the captura scene for drop chance (not seen it myself just what others are saying)..

Yeah, the node is avaiable for 30mins once evry 2hr45 - 2hr55 mins it seems, and yes, the Capture/Forma/Ephemera all seem to share the same drop condition, so you will get one of these from the cache, with the captura scene seemingly being the highest. I've ran 100+ missions and only seen 1 rare cache, friends have ran around the same and seen none.

Running this mission this way for the ephemera/captura is understandable, but it should not have to be run this way for the Umbral Forma as well.

8 hours ago, Teitaka said:

The trouble with hainvg Umbral Forma in these rare caches is that it insentivizes players to NOT complete or properly play the Sentient Ship missions, but instead just abort & retry, leaving public parties on this node a bit of a cluster-f***.

++1

so much that! and it's not only the umbras but also BPs and weapon parts that lead to such arsehead-behavior. and ofc, this have further consequences that are already mentioned in the feedback section for railjack and other threads, so i'll refrain from it here...

3 minutes ago, Clats01 said:

Umbral forma should not have been a thing PERIOD.

I could 100% back reverting it out of the game entirely, too. Give everyone a legendary core per forma they used, and revert all the umbral polarities except Umbral Excal. 

That would cost me 3 builds I have to redo, but it'd be worth it. 

Just now, Clats01 said:

Umbral forma should not have been a thing PERIOD.

I could 100% back reverting it out of the game entirely, too. Give everyone a legendary core per forma they used, and revert all the umbral polarities except Umbral Excal. 

22 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

To be fair a legendary core per forma wouldn't be enough (at least for me) considering the time wasted etc levelling up... It's not like the majority of the players using umbra forma will likely have much use for the legendary core anyway as they'll likely be the ones who have all the main mods levelled already.

To be honest, I haven't actually used my umbra forma but I have used umbra mods....

Well, DE never fully compensated for big changes like that; it’s more of a gesture/peace offering.

I’ve used all of my Umbral forma (3, I believe) but if it were reverted and removed I would not see it as a tragedy.

However, I’d rather DE just acknowledge that Umbral mods are becoming the basic thing to do, and make it available in the market, and from Syndicate / Solaris rep, and so forth. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

See, that part by itself just doesn’t bother me. Missions that show up at certain times are a thing I dealt with in Destiny and Destiny 2, and in Warframe with invasions and alerts.

So that kind of time gating seems normal enough.

HOWEVER, those Destiny missions were a) hard and b) not a farm - you manage to win, you Got The Thing. Same with invasions and alerts in WF - complete the mission, receive reward.

The Sentient Ship is the wrong combination: a time gate / alert-style mission where you might NOT - in fact, probably will not - get the reward. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

Or maybe just make those rare caches more common? I made a thread about it begging DE to rework Rare/Reinforced Containers spawn rate. We’re already too late for an Umbral Forma removal, not to mention the upcoming The New War update will make increase the demand for Umbral Mods.

Agreed (I don't know what account limitations would be best, but a timegate is actually pretty doable, since they do that on other things, like buying Rivens from Palladino). Regardless, the benefit of Umbral Forma is measurable, so determining an appropriate price should be entirely possible.  Does it double a frame's power? Then Umbral forma should cost 40p. Does it make things ten times stronger? Then it should cost 200p. 

I don't mind it being part of Nightwave, which at least reflects your willingness to slog through something. The nonskill/nonwork based acquisition of it in random caches, though, is foolish. I could get one on my very first visit to the Veil, or I could grind the Veil until I died of kidney failure and never get one.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe