Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I need help with the last part of the railjack, Engine Cowling

(PSN)HaegusRuL

Question

I have been having trouble with this one for hours and it's gotten to the point to where, I have no revives left I have gotten up to 100% but there is a whole group of corpus that deals so much damage that when I kill them im getting more damage dealt to me. 

Im a melee user and I use my melee so often, that if my primary or secondary isnt good enough for the enemies I'll use my abilities and melee only. But it seems im in underprep.

I use Umbra because of the sentients and I sold my broken war. Im mr8 and I have trouble knowing what loadout would be best suited for this mission. I have tried countless times with different weapons, my other Warframes or any other warframe im not sure can beat the sentients and/or weapons except umbra.

I really need help in this situation because it seems I can't get to at least 20% without already dying and then sentients coming and at the same time the process is being stopped by drones and corpus. I really need to know what weapons or Warframes are best suited so I can get them.

Edited by (PS4)HaegusRuL
Grammar correction

10 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, (PS4)HaegusRuL said:

I have been having trouble with this one for hours and it's gotten to the point to where, I have no revives left I have gotten up to 100% but there is a whole group of corpus that deals so much damage that when I kill them im getting more damage dealt to me. 

Im a melee user and I use my melee so often, that if my primary or secondary isnt good enough for the enemies I'll use my abilities and melee only. But it seems im in underprep.

I use Umbra because of the sentients and I sold my broken war. Im mr8 and I have trouble knowing what loadout would be best suited for this mission. I have tried countless times with different weapons, my other Warframes or any other warframe im not sure can beat the sentients and/or weapons except umbra.

I really need help in this situation because it seems I can't get to at least 20% without already dying and then sentients coming and at the same time the process is being stopped by drones and corpus. I really need to know what weapons or Warframes are best suited so I can get them.

I ran this with a Rhino, Arca Plasmor and Aklex Prime as my secondary. I had my Plague Kripath with me but didn't use it on this mission. The key to sentients is to have different elemental combos on your weapons for when they build up immunity or use your amp to reset their immunity after you have done some damage. Try to prioritise the sentients when they turn up as they are far more dangerous than anything else in the mission.

I can't remember if there is enough space in this mission but back when I struggled with sentients I used to try and kite them to keep out of range of their damage.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)HaegusRuL said:

I really need help in this situation.

If you need a squad, You may find helps in recruiting chat.

About sentient fighters, Their strong points are fast movement, damage resistance buildups and high damage spinning lasers. 
They are weak to certain CC powers , such as Revenant's Entrall, Limbo's Za Warudo , Temporal blast ... blah blah
Slow them down or lock them in place, hit them with everything u got , then use your amp to reset their resistance buildups, repeat.
If they starts using a spinning laser, take cover or stand under them to evade. 
Recommended weapons are Paracesis(rank 40),  heavy melee slash attacks, shotguns or anything that does lots of damage in a few hits. 
Excalibur Umbra also good at fighting sentient but you will need a proper build.
It's ok if your current build does not make it, just grind for some more upgrades. 
Check out wiki / youtube for more tips.

HTH.

20 minutes ago, blimsoon said:

Rising Tide quest is solo only.

As for OP's query, I would suggest you to invest into some CC abilities (Vauban), or a frame that can deal great DPS on a wide scale (Mesa). Reason being is that "jack-of-all" frames have some trouble dealing damage sustainably on a wide angle, and "wide scale" is what you should be looking for. Hence, either great CC or wide angle DPS.

1 hour ago, Aadi880 said:

Rising Tide quest is solo only.

As for OP's query, I would suggest you to invest into some CC abilities (Vauban), or a frame that can deal great DPS on a wide scale (Mesa). Reason being is that "jack-of-all" frames have some trouble dealing damage sustainably on a wide angle, and "wide scale" is what you should be looking for. Hence, either great CC or wide angle DPS.

Ah, i gotta build vauban again. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Shalath said:

I ran this with a Rhino, Arca Plasmor and Aklex Prime as my secondary. I had my Plague Kripath with me but didn't use it on this mission. The key to sentients is to have different elemental combos on your weapons for when they build up immunity or use your amp to reset their immunity after you have done some damage. Try to prioritise the sentients when they turn up as they are far more dangerous than anything else in the mission.

I can't remember if there is enough space in this mission but back when I struggled with sentients I used to try and kite them to keep out of range of their damage.

Thank you, but was it just Rhino or Rhino prime? A lot of people say rhino but sometimes they mean prime, I might just try that loadout.

4 hours ago, blimsoon said:

Sadly it is a solo mission, no squads allowed. As for the sentients, I ran this mission with my umbra and the melee he came with, and aside from dying a few times thanks to the cold it was easy for me. I suggest using Umbras melee as those mods have bonus damage to sentients. Oh and if you still got trouble, his second ability is golden here. Just keep spamming E and 2 (on PC of course)!

19 hours ago, (PS4)HaegusRuL said:

Thank you, but was it just Rhino or Rhino prime? A lot of people say rhino but sometimes they mean prime, I might just try that loadout.

It is a prime but a well modded vanilla Rhino can make up for the lower armour either with mods or Ironclad Charge (which my current build doesn't use). The only thing I would say is essential is Iron Shrapnel so when your Iron Skin is getting low you can retreat to a safe spot, pop your Iron skin and re-apply. Having that go down at the wrong moment can e very bad. Don't upgrade Iron Shrapnel as the damage it does is not worth it, keep it unranked and spend the points on something else as upgrading it has no effect on the ability to re-cast Iron Skin.

I'd also suggest spectres as above, I always forget about those things!