Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anybody know why we have arch melee in Railjack?

Braneman

Okay so I can't figure out why arch melee is even an option in railjack, it doesn't seem to do anything, either it doesn't lock on or the enemies are way waaay too fast for it to be useful but as best I can tell it just doesn't work.

50 minutes ago, Braneman said:

Okay so I can't figure out why arch melee is even an option in railjack, it doesn't seem to do anything, either it doesn't lock on or the enemies are way waaay too fast for it to be useful but as best I can tell it just doesn't work.

Arch melee doesn't work in normal archwing missions either. My Centaur has stopped autotracking entirely ever since 27.0.

beside AW-melee being obviously still bugged and also totally inadequate, damage wise - just like about every AW-gun that isn't imperator, the reason for us to have AW-melee in railjack is simply: because we are in space... yeah in know, wisearse answere... but think of what would  happen if me melee in space and then exiting the AW-mode and crashing planetside... ^^)

damn, now i have a funny picture in my head...

5 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

beside AW-melee being obviously still bugged and also totally inadequate, damage wise - just like about every AW-gun that isn't imperator, the reason for us to have AW-melee in railjack is simply: because we are in space... yeah in know, wisearse answere... but think of what would  happen if me melee in space and then exiting the AW-mode and crashing planetside... ^^)

damn, now i have a funny picture in my head...

Ehh to get off topic a bit the imperator/vandal isn't as good as the phaedra(at least from what I understand about railjack) because the phaedra can reach 100% status chance and has all three IPS and a high fire rate and a 250 round clip, because the default archwing status chance mod isn't shackled down to 15% or whatever.

2 minutes ago, Braneman said:

Ehh to get off topic a bit the imperator/vandal isn't as good as the phaedra(at least from what I understand about railjack) because the phaedra can reach 100% status chance and has all three IPS and a high fire rate and a 250 round clip, because the default archwing status chance mod isn't shackled down to 15% or whatever.

hmm, haven't tried out that one. likely because in normal AW missions it just sucks so bad. what i can say about other AW guns though is that the 'larkspur', the 'fluctus' and the 'velocitus' are trerrible compared to the 'ok' doing imperator (vandal) - the 'kuva ayanga' is also ok but lacks in range and the speed of the projectiles (grenades) is even slower than the imperator - likely, but not yet tested, the grattler will be similar...

i guess we have to reconsider all AW guns for railjack since the different damage system to them and also the 95% DR to ships. e.g. i did modded the imperator for pure physical damage and it was more effective against the fighters (though a lot worse against those turrets) - the status, as you already stated is more important there (slash and punture especially or particle and plasma that it's called there). the phaedra which does primary puncture (plasma) damage might therefore indeed better (base 35.1 puncture) whereas the imperator vandal does IPS of 8.8 ; 7.7 ; 5.5 of damage. the fire rate of 25 vs 18.75 rps is a bit toward the imp-V though, but i guess not too less that it might be of any consequence.

guess i have to test all the AW guns now, so thank for the reminder ^^)  i'm just glad that i max-forma'ed most AW-guns ages ago even though it was quite a pita to do so then...

Am 5.1.2020 um 06:12 schrieb Braneman:

The Phaedra is nice, but the PROJECTILE BS ruins it. They don't fly as fast enough to hit anything further away and I can't keep dogfighting enemies.

BtT: Arch-Melee needs it's auto-targeting back to be viable - at all.