Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Captains Requiring the Ivara Stealth Kill Meta in Railjack...

GrimSinner

Today, for the first time in public Railjack missions, I started encountering the Ivara stealth kill requirement from ship captains.  

I was told:

1. Don't kill boarders unless you can stealth kill, let someone playing Ivara do it.
  2. Don't destroy crew ships unless you can stealth kill Grineer on board first
  3. Don't go into any bases unless you can stealth kill everything before completing the objective

Things the captain approved of, if I was not Ivara:

1. Be an engineer, seal ruptures, put out fires, but don't kill anything
  2. Go into archwing and fight fighters.
  3. Camp out on the pathetic side guns.  

My response to captains with this requirement in public games - DON'T play public games, form your own private team.  People should be able to do whatever role they want in public games without having to worry about meeting the Ivara stealth kill requirement for intrinsics farming.

Edited by GrimSinner
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, GrimSinner said:

My response to captains with this requirement in public games - DON'T play public games, form your own private team.  People should be able to do whatever role they want in public games without having to worry about meeting the Ivara stealth kill requirement for intrinsics farming.

well you should be usefull but for the most part I agree that and intrinsics farming is best not rushed that way you can get all of the other crap you need for rail jack

Who in their right mind uses the ivara stealth kill tactic in public matches?

stealth kill 500% bonus isn't shared and all you need to do is either hide your ship somewhere or use a little trick that puts the ship 15-20 KM away from you and you start in AW instead (most likely will get patched when DE gets back) and then just make a bee line for the galeon and stealth kill everything, abort, repeat (fastest intrinsic per minute spent but you lose any resources gained) or do the whole mission normally while stealth killing bases and crew ships as well(slower but more fun for me personally and you get to keep your resources too).

Expecting pubs to do as you wish is both selfish and stupid. it's like rolling a dice and being mad you didn't get a top number every time. People are dumber than I thought. And DE wonders why are there so many solo players lol

Edited by EDM774
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, GrimSinner said:

Today, for the first time in public Railjack missions, I started encountering the Ivara stealth kill requirement from ship captains.  

I was told:

1. Don't kill boarders unless you can stealth kill, let someone playing Ivara do it.
  3. Don't go into any bases unless you can stealth kill everything before completing the objective

That's REALLY weird.

Kind of sounds like the guy is new to RJ missions and doesn't know what they're doing. If their turrets are pathetic (so low that Archwings could kill better) then that only supports that they're new and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Don't let people like that get to you. As long as you're not ignoring the RJ (and NOT refining when resources need to be built) you're fine. It's pub, it's on all on that other guy who's getting angry about people wanting to play their own way (he's the one who should manage lfgs if that's what he wants).

Edited by SpringRocker
  • Like 1

If someone tries to tell you to do this kinda thing in a public mission, you should just try to do all the objectives as loudly as possible.  Boarding parties, crewships, bases, whatever.  What are they gonna do, report you for doing the mission?

And if they ragequit the mission?  No big loss for you.

• Like 2

vor 1 Stunde schrieb GrimSinner:

I was told:

Strangest stuff I have heard. 

I always use my Atlas to go into Crewships petrify the crew, hammer the shait out of the reactor and beam back to railjack. Rinse and repeat. 

By the way being an engineer is quite good for intrinsics. Fixing the ship, building resources and hammering invaders gives decent affinity.

1 hour ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

"Let me tell random people on the internet what to do. Surely it will work!"

too many people do this, and I may have done it myself, but I prefer to suggest things, rather than command them.

generally speaking I stay as a gunner until Crewships appear, then I board them and take them down. if I get the chance to repair something that nobody else has, I will, and I'll even make goop if we run low. someone else is already piloting most of the time, though there are times where I have moved the ship when it's taking a hammering, because the pilots don't seem to care..

oh, and I also try to make a habit of typing "Refine?" in chat after a mission, to ask if the host is refining and heading back or needs resources for goop and ammo because they want to do another mission. though the last time I did this, the guy was Spanish, and wouldn't let anyone leave until he had picked up EVERY. LAST. PIECE. of Titanium, holding me and others hostage. I get it, Titanium is essential, but canvassing the entire map takes a LONG time and some of us have other things to do. I suggest farming Titanium in your own time, or with people who want to spend a long time flying around aimlessly.

• Like 2

I am sure all this will be fixed in this way: killing enemies in crewship or base will no longer grant inteinsics; intrinsics will be earned only from killing ships (crewship and the others). Probably they will raise the amount of exp earned from killing ship of a little bit to balance the nerf. 

This is my bet on the future solution. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JuDirval said:

I am sure all this will be fixed in this way: killing enemies in crewship or base will no longer grant inteinsics; intrinsics will be earned only from killing ships (crewship and the others). Probably they will raise the amount of exp earned from killing ship of a little bit to balance the nerf. 

This is my bet on the future solution. 

Don't even say that...
Don't give DE ideas...

Bad enough they plan to nerf Amesha for being actually useful.
"Hey we designed some gameplay elements to be unfun/overkill/tedious. But players have found away to make it tolerable & enjoyable. Better nerf that method."

If ground troops no longer grant intrinsic xp. then everyone will just go stealth frames, ignore all enemies & just detonate reactors & stealth kill captains/commanders.
Railjack will become VERY boring.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

If ground troops no longer grant intrinsic xp. then everyone will just go stealth frames, ignore all enemies & just detonate reactors & stealth kill captains/commanders.

I don't see why you'd need to go stealth for that.  Just take any tanky frame and bullet jump past everyone.

Clearly he doesn't know what he is talking about, also probably the first time he actually said that to people. 

Those that have actually done it realise that the intrinsics aren't shared, so it will not only be useless to the host (assuming he is piloting) it will also prolong the mission time. 

I am willing to bet he saw some partner do this and jumped in pub without actually testing it in a pre made squad first. 

I tested with my clan mates, those that did the stealth killing definitely had 4 to 5x the intrinsics of those that didn't, so we stopped trying to do this in a group and just do the missions as fast as possible, as of now the resources are more essential than the intrinsics (essential ones are at 5 and worth the effort are at 7 anything beyond is according to me not worth the effort) 

Sounds like a new captain trying to show a crew the optimal way to powerfarm their own intrinsics.

if you're farming intrinsics or rare containers, it's a solid plan to follow - just make sure to kill the gunship pilot and gunners outright so it's a reduced threat to the railjack while you stealthkill it up. The only effect it has on the rest of your team is how long the guns are shooting at them, they get no bonus affinity/intrinsics from it.
If you're not really farming them, pop the reactor and possibly pilot/gunners depending on the situation if you have the few extra seconds to, but generally just bang it and move on to the next.

17 hours ago, EDM774 said:

stealth kill 500% bonus isn't shared and all you need to do is either hide your ship somewhere or use a little trick that puts the ship 15-20 KM away from you and you start in AW instead (most likely will get patched when DE gets back) and then just make a bee line for the galeon and stealth kill everything, abort, repeat

Actually using your ship as bait is superior, provided you got basic survival mods. Void cloak and fire supression can deal with a lot of incoming damage, especially since your ship HP recovers pretty fast. Farming ramsleds is much faster than running around like a headless chicken on a galleon. Ideally you'd do both, because in solo if you are not on your railjack enemies will go inactive, allowing you to kill a few mobs on the galleon to get your stealth multiplier(and smeeta buff), then recall to reap the rewards. Once you've cleared the RJ you can cycle between any outposts and the galleon to farm additional ramsled teams, and use void cloak to hide from enemy fire. Tip: Currently, even if you're cloaked, ramsleds can target you, which is pretty convenient for this method.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Railjack is already boring -- I'm surprised there are people don't just nuke reactors and kill captains.