Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Rivens Required for Endgame?

midtarget

Question

At this point I have still not tried the riven market, I mostly don't touch rivens, with the exception of a glaxion riven I rolled. At this point, I would say I am at mid-late game, doing 100+ level missions, but I still haven't done Kuva Litches, Railjack Veil, Prodman Index, and Tridolon. However, I can't properly damage Eidelons and farm Railjack, I just can't do damage despite using maxed primed and Baro kiteer mods on the tiberon, rubico, and other such weapons. All my mods are maxed, and I still can't do any damage in late-game. Am I doomed to do rivens? Can I be viable without copious RNG whining and angry kuva farming?

23 answers to this question

It think it is less about rivens and more about the sinergy of your warframe with your weapons, I can solo veil because I tend to sleep the enemy and then finish them with my no riven melee, same for eidolons (I guess, with those chroma and volt and bla bla bla meta meta) and so on

17 minutes ago, midtarget said:

At this point I have still not tried the riven market, I mostly don't touch rivens, with the exception of a glaxion riven I rolled. At this point, I would say I am at mid-late game, doing 100+ level missions, but I still haven't done Kuva Litches, Railjack Veil, Prodman Index, and Tridolon. However, I can't properly damage Eidelons and farm Railjack, I just can't do damage despite using maxed primed and Baro kiteer mods on the tiberon, rubico, and other such weapons. All my mods are maxed, and I still can't do any damage in late-game. Am I doomed to do rivens? Can I be viable without copious RNG whining and angry kuva farming?

Depends entirely on the weapon. The general rule of thumb is if a riven by disposition and attributes can replace two mods, it's useful; if it can replace three it's probably needed for that weapon, particularly melee or shotguns.

If you mean high level content at level 200+... nope. Eventually all enemies will take longer to kill because of armor scaling. All rivens do is help. The right mods on the right weapons can take down anything.

28 minutes ago, midtarget said:

I can't properly damage Eidelons and farm Railjack, I just can't do damage despite using maxed primed and Baro kiteer mods on the tiberon, rubico, and other such weapons. All my mods are maxed, and I still can't do any damage in late-game.

Look on youtube if you want to see build for whatever fraction you are going up against. All damage is dealt differently base on enemy type, Corrosive, Radiation, Gas, etc. Best of luck tenno

no.

however, some Weapons may struggle to function correctly without Rivens, as some Weapons are purpose given bad Stats that you can only fix with Rivens. the most common scenario of that is Crit weighted, very low Rate of Fire Weapons that can't Crit reliably. only a Riven can bandaid that screwup on the Stats.

2 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

there is no end game

there is now, thesedays. Railjack Zone 3(even Zone 1 and 2 in a way) and Liches for example, are wholly Endgame content.

• Like 1

Most, even godly, rivens only improve weapon performance by just a bit

The only rivens that stand out are either those with +SC on shotguns or -IPS on basically any weapon - those stats can drastically improve weapons performance

9 minutes ago, taiiat said:

an actual 'god' Riven is leagues ahead of 'just a bit'.

no, not rly

Had an amprex with 10/10 stats on forlen which i sold for like 5k

I rly didnt see much difference between a build with it and hammershot XD

They're more neat than necessary. They're not a req for any content in the game. Even the so called "God Rivens" that really just exist to separate fools from their plat and serve as catnip to prey on people inclined to gambling addiction don't make much, if any, practical difference within the game's intended range of content.

IE, you aren't gonna need them for Proft-Taker, you aren't gonna need them to capture all 3 eidolons in one night, you aren't going to need them to do hunt a lich, you don't need them for arbitrations, you don't need them for Elite Sanctuary onslaught, and you don't need them for any currently released railjack content. They do increase your margins though, and can be nice to have for a gun or two you take a liking to that isn't especially popular or powerful.

4 minutes ago, Raskol said:

no, not rly

Had an amprex with 10/10 stats on forlen which i sold for like 5k
I rly didnt see much difference between a build with it and hammershot XD

sounds like it really wasn't that great of a Riven, then. if such an 'amazing' Riven felt essentially the same as 30% extra Damage, it was actually probably kinda bad....
doesn't help that Amprex is pretty far down the ladder on Riven Multipliers of all of them in the game.

99% of 'god' Rivens are just average Rivens being Traded by people that don't understand how many numbers have to fall into perfect places for that to be the case.

Edited by taiiat

16 hours ago, taiiat said:

there is now, thesedays. Railjack Zone 3(even Zone 1 and 2 in a way) and Liches for example, are wholly Endgame content.

I'd agree Liches are getting closer to Endgame. A few more tweeks and maybe DE might be on dot. Expect for the RNG part lol

12 hours ago, ILOHARTA said:

They can however completely change your playstyle in some cases, if you roll good stats on a non-meta weapon.

True today all I want is to be able to get a God roll on non meta weapon because I dont see anyone else using the weapon. Meta's are just boring my my opinion, too OP

1 hour ago, kwlingo said:

True today all I want is to be able to get a God roll on non meta weapon because I dont see anyone else using the weapon. Meta's are just boring my my opinion, too OP

Rivens IMO, are a way to create your own Meta. Many weapons are held back by high amounts of impact/puncture. Rivens can take care of this. They are pretty much irreplaceable for specific builds. Definitely not ever necessary though. 

On 2020-01-05 at 11:22 AM, midtarget said:

Am I doomed to do rivens? 

No, Riven is optional.
try this one without riven and see for yourself.  
RRTlI1e.jpg

More about "endgame" content :

• Lots of simple and powerful builds on youtube, check them out perhaps? 
  • Not every high level mission is enjoyable in my opinion, sometimes it's too grindy and give useless rewards.
  • No real endgame here, You decide how yours will end. Many tenno end their game at MR2 and take a long... long break.
Edited by blimsoon

Mod your weapons properly and adjust to the content you're doing and you won't need Rivens. Of course, you will need Riven mods if you want to do some optimized stuff such as 25 Tridolons per night, but otherwise, no.

On my side I never bothered with them. Only dealing with the few Rivens I've ever had myself, destroying those I don't care about or giving them to clanmates, that's it.

They're interesting if you enjoy a weapon which sucks on its own. A great Riven with a great disposition can transform a poor weapon into an okay-ish one, but that's it.

Edited by Chewarette