Jump to content
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dzarael's miscellaneous stuff. Chapter I: Resources & Curency


Dzarael
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello my fellow Tenno and [DE], as Rahetalius  and other WF content creators emphasize on improving already existing content(such as Warframes, augments, Railjack, Liches etc) over making new one, in this posts I'll try to draw attention to less significant things, but their improvement may have notisible impact on player expirience(and enjoyment).

Part I: Resources

After 7 years of life WF and many changes of core systems and introduction of new content, resources recived no attention except addition of a new item to list or or drop twiks. So i came up with next key points to make resource system better:

1) Clear junk resources like Eidolon Shards(only 5 needed), Javlok Calpacitor(only 6 needed), Orokin Cipher(no need at all) and Event/Quest resouces that have no use after Event/Quest complition. For Eidolon Shards simply make them give some amount of Focus(like 5000 for 1) or convert into better shards, for the rest just DELETE them(or ability to sell them for credits).

2) Make Mutagen Sample drop from EVERY infested mission be it dark sector or Infested invasion and in quantities 1-3(or i don't know cut Hema research cost from 5000MS to 50-100MS).

3)Allow to craft several similar items at once(ore, gems, consumables, Lab resources, Forma etc) by adding buttons craft x1, x5, x10, or better imput field to set needed amount, with time and cost multiplication on number of items crafted. And cut time needed to craft single item like Forma, Exilus adapter, Lab resources, potatos, etc. from 24h to 1h max.

4) Make farm of Void tracers(VT) more reliable. Now they are dropped in quantities 6-30 which means that in order to enhance relic radiant you need to complete a fissure mission 4-17 times, so i suggest to increase minimal amount to 10(running mission 4-10 times). And to entice group farm insted of solo insted of giving +5 VT for each player that takes you part(which is unreliable as hell), give +5*L(where L is relic lvl 1-4) VT for each player who opened their relic(or just +5 which still more reliable then current system).

5) Nitain Extract - just delete or make changes from 2.2

Part 2: Currency

For different currencie(excluding platinum for now) i have only 2 point:

1) Increase daily standind limit from (1+mr)*1000 to (20+mr)+1000 or somethimg along the line. And probably make main 6 Syndicates to have separate standing limit.

2) Give us more reliable way to earn Nightwave(NW) Cred. Firstly get rid of Cred revard only on set NW levels and make: set Cred revard(like 25) for each level(which transletes ~100 pes week) or as revard in addition to standing for NW challenges for example 5-daily, 10-weelky, 20-elite(125 per week). And secondly revarp players with cred for killing enemy/completing mission specific to NW

Bonus: make "Universal Medalions" truly universal.

 

 

Thats all i have to say right now, next post will be about missions and revard-related things. So if you want add some of your concerns and suggestions feel free to write it down below in orded to highlighte as many things that needs inmprovement as we can.

 

 

 

P.S. Pardon my English, i wrote the best i can after several years of self education(which is just consuming eng. speaking media and having argument in comments)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Dzarael said:

Javlok Calpacitor(only 6 needed)... just DELETE them(or ability to sell them for credits).

Javlok Capacitors can already be sold for credits.

16 hours ago, Dzarael said:

2) Make Mutagen Sample drop from EVERY infested mission be it dark sector or Infested invasion and in quantities 1-3(or i don't know cut Hema research cost from 5000MS to 50-100MS).

Just adding them to Eris would be enough.  The issue with the Hema is that you have to go to one specific place in the game for it to be unlocked, a place that there is no other real reason to go to once you have the Corrupted Mods.  The drop quantities and research costs are fine, it's either a long term goal or incredibly easy to accomplish in a single day unless you're entire clan is inactive (which at that point it should be purged and have it's tier decreased).

16 hours ago, Dzarael said:

3)Allow to craft several similar items at once(ore, gems, consumables, Lab resources, Forma etc) by adding buttons craft x1, x5, x10, or better imput field to set needed amount, with time and cost multiplication on number of items crafted.

Seems reasonable, maybe capping it at 3-5 days duration.  Whether you like it or not, DE want to keep you returning to the game in some capacity in order to establish a habit.  That habit could just be logging into the Warframe phone app to get builds going but that's still (and I hate myself for using this word) "engagement" with the game.

16 hours ago, Dzarael said:

And cut time needed to craft single item like Forma, Exilus adapter, Lab resources, potatos, etc. from 24h to 1h max.

12 hours maybe.  1 hour?  No need, especially if you're able to cue multiple of them to be constructed.  I would be fine with Lab Resources going down to 6 hours to incentivise building them rather than just running invasions, but Forma / Exilus / Potatoes don't need any less than 12 hours.  You don't need to put them on every weapon you ever own, and if you decide you want to be a completionist collector/hoarder then that's just something you've chosen for yourself.

16 hours ago, Dzarael said:

4) Make farm of Void tracers(VT) more reliable. Now they are dropped in quantities 6-30 which means that in order to enhance relic radiant you need to complete a fissure mission 4-17 times

Well it's actually between 3-17 times (30 + 5*3) and that 3 is actually 2.222 repeating.

16 hours ago, Dzarael said:

And to entice group farm insted of solo insted of giving +5 VT for each player that takes you part(which is unreliable as hell), give +5*L(where L is relic lvl 1-4) VT for each player who opened their relic(or just +5 which still more reliable then current system).

So what you're saying is that you want a full Radshare group to be near-to-completely refunded their traces?  Not gonna happen.  Maybe +1*L, but even that's not needed.  Considering how quickly you can earn traces (either by speed running Caps/Rescues/Exterms etc or by doing endless runs for the +50% resource boost) there's no need for DE to up the amount of traces we receive.

16 hours ago, Dzarael said:

5) Nitain Extract - just delete or make changes from 2.2

No, fine as is.  If you disagree then give a proper reason (same goes for the rest of your points).

16 hours ago, Dzarael said:

1) Increase daily standind limit from (1+mr)*1000 to (20+mr)+1000 or somethimg along the line. And probably make main 6 Syndicates to have separate standing limit.

Seems like you're changing the equation more than you need to for your desired effect.  Your change would be to go from a standing cap of between 2,000 (because realistically you're not looking at syndicate when you're MR0) and 31,000 to a cap of between 22,000 to 51,000?  A) Who at such a low MR needs 22,000 standing a day?  B) Why not just double the multiplier in the original equation.  This maintains a reasonable advantage to increasing MR while also meeting (or very nearly meeting) your suggested standing cap.

But really I think you're missing the reason why a standing limit is lazy design.  DE use it to force progression over a longer period for people like I who would max out a new faction within a day or two of release meaning for releases of large areas such as Cetus/PoE and Fortuna/Orb Vallis DE aren't properly pacing the content via the content itself.  That should be addressed before we take a look at changing the daily limits (or outright removing them if DE can design progression effectively enough).

16 hours ago, Dzarael said:

2) Give us more reliable way to earn Nightwave(NW) Cred. Firstly get rid of Cred revard only on set NW levels and make: set Cred revard(like 25) for each level(which transletes ~100 pes week) or as revard in addition to standing for NW challenges for example 5-daily, 10-weelky, 20-elite(125 per week). And secondly revarp players with cred for killing enemy/completing mission specific to NW

The intention for NW is not for you to complete one season and then have everything you'd ever need from the Cred Offerings.  Maybe giving NW Credits when the player gains a tier that would otherwise reward them with nothing (such as when they already have an armour set, colour palette etc) in amounts of 10-15 (similar to the 'prestige' tiers) would be acceptable and would reward players willing to invest time into a season rather than appeasing the "Give me, I want it now" crowd.

16 hours ago, Dzarael said:

Bonus: make "Universal Medalions" truly universal.

Or just remove Conclave (since that's probably why you're asking for this).  The vast majority of people who play Warframe don't play it for any form of PvP.  It'll be best to wipe the game-mode from existence and re-purpose the lore/rewards to a PvE game-mode (or at the very least PvEvP) that would want to be played by any meaningful about of people.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...