Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Macros for attack speed? Bannable in all cases or no?

TheLyricAinu

Question

So, I have a Kronen Prime riven that gives me like... +69.?% attack speed, along with range out the (explicit). I slapped on every other attack speed mod there was, and now I've got it up to 3.14. A rando at Akkad suggested they'd bring along Valk to see how fast we could get it. In the end, I think it was roughly 5.13, though iunno how Warcry calculations work. The point is, I was going so fast that not only could I not hit my key fast enough from physical limitations, but for longer runs, my fingers start to hurt very quickly. It's gotten to the point where I have to swap between my primary fire and quick melee to prevent that. I don't know much about macros or how they work, but I did see a forum post that said if it "automates" the game it's bannable. The same rando also said there was an option in-game for automatic melee, but they didn't know where, and I haven't looked yet, so... I guess what my question boils down to is; How can I optimize my attack speed without physically hurting my fingers if macros would, in this case, be bannable? Thanks in advance.

12 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

I would recommend these methods that doesnt require macros

1. Easiest: bind your melee key to mouse wheel in addition to E

2. Potentially bind 2 side-by-side keys for melee, so instead of spamming one with one finger, you can use 2.

id also recommend gitting gud as the 3rd option

Edited by Cicasajt

The general and intentionally ambigous statement from DE about macros is if the macro automates the game for you and you can go afk while the macro plays for you, it's bannable. However DE doesnt want you to get carpal tunnel either. Examples of macros that have been used in the past without issue are: binding 2 buttons to one button (for example melee and slide) and pressing a button on loop as long as the macro for it is held (interaction button spammed by the macro as long as the button for it is held down).

4 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Macros to "spam E" is not a bannable offense. To check if your macro software is allowed (almost all are), feel free to ask support.

I doubt support is going to help with that now that the offical stance is "use 3rd party software at your own risk". They wouldn't even tell me if my mouse software is safe to have running in the background or not.

19 minutes ago, Cicasajt said:

id also recommend gitting gud as the 3rd option

It's not really about gitting gud. I am disabled, and I to have issue with guns that require me to S#&$ the shoulder buttons quickly or for a long duration as well. I would like an option to make that key kinda like a turbo button, just so i can use more them auto fire or beam weapons. Being on PS4, I don't even have the option of macros.

Just now, (PS4)BlightDragon89 said:

It's not really about gitting gud. I am disabled, and I to have issue with guns that require me to S#&$ the shoulder buttons quickly or for a long duration as well. I would like an option to make that key kinda like a turbo button, just so i can use more them auto fire or beam weapons. Being on PS4, I don't even have the option of macros.

i dont really care. i was here to make a joke

5 hours ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

I would recommend these methods that doesnt require macros

1. Easiest: bind your melee key to mouse wheel in addition to E

2. Potentially bind 2 side-by-side keys for melee, so instead of spamming one with one finger, you can use 2.

Yeah, I actually have that sort of deal right now. I have two extra buttons on my mouse where my thumb rests, so I've got quick melee bound to that and then when I'm locked into it I can use either my primary fire or quick melee, and my heavy attack is right above my quick melee. But having it bound to two buttons (apart from primary fire and quick melee) is something I'll be taking into account. Thanks.

To the rest of you, since I don't wanna quote every single one of ya, thanks. This definitely helps especially now that I have a way to make Valkyr good... once I get her since I was taking a break during her vault me out a lot. Now i just gotta actually find a macro. Thanks again!

9 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

AFAIK macros are generally allowed as long as they perform a task you can realistically do yourself. If you're trying to pull some 500 clicks-a-second macro, then no.

DE has a very easing policy towards 3rd party software, though the grey area is pretty large.  So use at your risk, they say.

Looking at how some games treat macro, many of them have a very strict policy.  A famous example would be the Path of Exile banning players who bind their click button to mouse wheel.

Edited by SHArK-FiN