The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So how is DE going to handle the PS4>PS5 switch?

(PSN)Tirekyll

On 2020-01-06 at 6:11 AM, NekroArts said:

I think you're out of date on that information. Here's Devstream 131 and timestamped when they started talking about it:

Hide contents

Biggest issues, I can immediately get from the top of my head, are:

• having to deal with progression saving on different builds (especially console-exclusive stuff)
    • the rules on platinum as all platforms do not share the same value
  • Tennogen creators may not get paid fairly when selling on pc vs consoles

They established pretty early on that it would be more like a progress migration, not a full cross save. If they actually use these as an excuse to not do something that every other live service game is doing at this point or in the near future, it's going to come back to bite them especially since the specific reasons given can be defeated with like a sentence each. They're excuses at best and not very good ones. 

If nothing else given that consoles are dying as far as warframe is concerned they need to give players the ability to request a one time transfer onto pc. If that means having to compensate tennogen creators they can just add up how much needs to be issued in compensation, add 30% as a processing fee, and tell players that is what it's going to cost to make sure the team working on the project is compensated as well as anyone who would be owed money in transfer. 

I'm not going to bother itemizing why i think their excuse is nonsense to you because you aren't the one making the argument but if they try to really anchor down and refuse to give any form of migration for people who really want out of their original platform after significant investment of time and money has been made, they are going to regret it in the form of losing loyalty from players who have really stood up for them in the past and stuck with them. If those are the biggest issues, the small issues must be real nonsense. 

16 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Second, this is something you should have been aware of as a console player.

I hope your joking. Because 5 years ago I should've thought

'hmmmm I like this Warframe game and I'll keep playing it but hey what about the ps5 that I have no reason to believe will ever come out!' 

Don't bring PC vs console into this. Face the fact that people simply prefer their own choice.

I hope DE does the right thing by their players but I have no reason to believe they will at the moment.

And let's be totally honest... Ps5 is made and they know exactly how it can crossplay. People can cross play on call of duty between PC and PS4. This is purely a DE issues and not a Sony issue 

5 hours ago, (PS4)Herculxs said:

Don't bring PC vs console into this. Face the fact that people simply prefer their own choice.

I'm not making anything about PC vs Console.  My point WAS/IS that you made your choice.  Now live with it.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

I have decided to switch to PC, regardless if they move Warframe to the new consoles or not and allow migration from consoles to PC or not. I haven't played a game this long since RS (10+ years playing) back in early 2000s, although WF still doesn't beat my time played on that game. PC has always had more to offer than consoles ever will, at least for any time soon. Although I am cutting my ties with WF at XB1, I am venturing into the VR world that appears to be growing quite well and VR is drawing the most interest to me right now. Directions of games can go any which way, and so can players. 

• 2 weeks later...