Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Binding the Blink to the Reload button.

(PSN)TertulSee

8 minutes ago, --Raid-Master-Qued said:

Then blink every time you want to reload in PoE or OV, good idea.

I mean, most people use Archwings for travel in the open worlds. Also, this could be separate from open world Archwing. I’m only talkings about in space. We could also bind it to the Transference command as well since we can’t do that in space or in our archwing.

Edited by (PS4)TertulSee
  • Like 1

there seems to be an issue regarding controller layouts on console, Blink doesn't work for some people, regardless of mapping. I tried rebinding and resetting over and over, until eventually somehow, I was allowed to Blink. i tried binding Blink to every different button and it only worked after I put it back to the default. I can Blink fine now, but it still doesn't work for a friend of mine. he also said his melee targeting had been messed with, despite not touching anything related to it.

I wonder if this is yet another surprise bug from the update..

1 hour ago, --Raid-Master-Qued said:

Then blink every time you want to reload in PoE or OV, good idea.

but if you are in one of those there then you arent in space. or are you? i guess technically the planet is in space.

op makes a good idea. the button does absolutely nothing and in fact i actually already tried to remap blink to R under railjack archwing since it is an easy button to reach but lo and behold it does not exist. the button it is on now is absolutely abysmal. i mean, you can rebind all your controls to work differently for lunaro, so why cant you do it for archwing in space. railjack should not have been released.

6 hours ago, (PS4)TertulSee said:

I mean, most people use Archwings for travel in the open worlds.

I understand that PS4 controller has too few buttons to handle all the bindings. Yet you can't eliminate all the possible bindings for the benefit of some.

What if people want to use gun in PoE while using archwing? "Oh DE please give back the reload button on AW" "well just don't use gun in AW, use it only as travel gear". Things don't work like this.

Like many people have already brought out. AW for console should have a separate key binds. Simple as that.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

3 hours ago, SHArK-FiN said:

I understand that PS4 controller has too few buttons to handle all the bindings. Yet you can't eliminate all the possible bindings for the benefit of some.

What if people want to use gun in PoE while using archwing? "Oh DE please give back the reload button on AW" "well just don't use gun in AW, use it only as travel gear". Things don't work like this.

Like many people have already brought out. AW for console should have a separate key binds. Simple as that.

I already said that since you didn't read the rest of that post. I said that it would only be in space as well. It would be separate from the ones you use on the Plains or Fortuna due to not being outside the atmosphere of a planet. 

40 minutes ago, (PS4)TertulSee said:

I already said that since you didn't read the rest of that post. I said that it would only be in space as well. It would be separate from the ones you use on the Plains or Fortuna due to not being outside the atmosphere of a planet. 

I didn't comment on "in space only" because I don't feel the need to. It's common to have the same bind on similar things in different situation, but not if the 2 functions are so far away from each others.

For now we even have the blink key binded to roll, which means if we blink outside of AW, we roll. And I can't see the reason behind forcibly binding 2 actions to the same keys, like how funny it is to not able to leave "sprint/roll" blank. DE should give us more detailed AW control setting, and let us bind whichever way we want based on our own preference/convenience.

Edited by SHArK-FiN