Soleyman1

don't you think Inaros needs some changes?

Don't get me wrong, he is a good warframe.
But, it doesn't make sense that he has 4 abilities but only 2 are used.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

NO.

700% melee damage for a melee frame

Never die.

Buff and heal teamates

Get armor and more ehp or CC an entire tile

No saryn with a penis, No smashing 1/3/1/3/1/3 for cool kid combo busy work

he's the second most popular frame in the game because he ***literally*** works as intended.

the end.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6
  • Applause 2

The only one i dont use is his 3 . All the other ones are good if you do hight content (120+)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Soleyman1 said:

it doesn't make sense that he has 4 abilities but only 2 are used.

If built properly, Inaros doesn't even need to use any of his abilities, which makes him a rather boring slag to resort in high level missions.

I'm all in it to make Inaros more fascinating to play with than just a big health gate.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Soleyman1 said:

Don't get me wrong, he is a good warframe.
But, it doesn't make sense that he has 4 abilities but only 2 are used.

I could say that about 90% of the frames. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

hace 4 minutos, (PS4)thegarada dijo:

I could say that about 90% of the frames. 

yeah but, Nova only uses her 4 and she isn't thattt boring, while Inaros uses his 4 and sometimes his 1 and is soooo boring
That's why I think Nidus is a well designed warframe, you use all of his abiltities, he is fun, and if you "combine" the abilities, they're even stronger

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Soleyman1 said:

That's why I think Nidus is a well designed warframe, you use all of his abiltities, he is fun, and if you "combine" the abilities, they're even stronger

There's also Garuda, Harrow, and Gauss. They may seem simple at first glance, but has that complexity that makes them frightening even on higher levels when used properly. They also need effort to build towards that satisfaction, something that most players aren't keen with which forces them to resort to easy playstyles like Inaros, Mesa, Saryn, or their equivalent.

Edited by Duality52
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 1

hace 1 minuto, Duality52 dijo:

There's also Garuda, Harrow, and Gauss. They may seem simple at first glance, but has that complexity that makes them frightening even on higher levels when used properly. They also need effort to build those that satisfaction, something that most players aren't keen with which forces them to resort to easy playstyles like Inaros, Mesa, Saryn, or the equivalents.

yeah, but at least their abilities are used, with Inaros, I only press the 4 once, and the 1, hardly ever

Posted (edited)

Well, i am probably alone with this opinion, but imo creating Inaros was a mistake.

Not because of his abilities, i mean 90% of the players probably dont play him for his abilities anyway.

The fact that his HP is so much higher than the HP of all other existing Frames (if modded correctly, EHP is even much higher in comparison) makes balancing the game maybe not impossible but really really difficult. I mean, how do you wanna determine how much damage an enemy should be able to do when we have frames like Banshee which can be killed easily by lvl 40 enemies or lower if you dont pay attention while you can afk for some time with Inaros in a group of lvl 150 enemies?

After Empyrean i watched a few Videos here and there to see how the overall reception is, and ofc there are youtubers who say "all of this is easy, its not challenge at all" while running around with Inaros. Yeah right, if you use a basically unkillable Warframe ofc nothing will become a challenge. Who cares that they do more damage and take more time to kill when we cant die anyway?

Whenever something might get challenging, we can simply use Inaros and ignore everything.

Thats why i think Inaros as a whole was a mistake.

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 1
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 5
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Soleyman1 said:

yeah, but at least their abilities are used, with Inaros, I only press the 4 once, and the 1, hardly ever

Inaros's 1 is useful as a CC, but requiring the npcs to be facing the attack makes it a rather limited cc. His 2 and 3 are just there and might as well not exist due to just being useless.

His 1 is great currently

His 2 could be better, maybe if inaros and his allies is near the enemy affected by this ability it will auto link and heal inaros and his teammates, but at the cost of the invulnerability. 

His 3 needs a massive energy reduction, and maybe reduce the ragdoll effect too, or even have enemies but blinded and take stealth damage. 

His 4 is okish, but maybe trade the cc for armor strip? 

• Like 3

Inaros's 1 is incredible, his 2 is realistically only useful on lower level enemies (and still quite slow) but at least it gives invulnerability while its occurring so there's that, his 3 has its own meme build around it and while I personally don't like it it does have its uses of flinging a bunch of enemies away in hairy situations, and his 4 is just incredible and synergizes with his passive (and 1 & 2). His passive and health gimmick are honestly bonkers especially in conjunction with his specific kit.

The reason people say he's boring is because his kit is all centered on surviving rather than dealing damage - leaving him to be essentially a sort of gun frame that relies on your weapons to deal the damage - but I don't think this is a bad thing. It would be a bad thing if all frames in the game were different variations of 'kill everything on the map' like the meta generally is nowadays and Inaros is a breath of fresh air from all that while still being viable in most missions.

I don't think Inaros needs any changes. However, his usage is getting up there from what we've seen from DE's stats, but I think they're fine with that considering he doesn't increase farming speed whatsoever. His popularity may one day wane.

• Applause 2

34 minutes ago, Soleyman1 said:

Nova only uses her 4

then clearly you've never seen what Antimatter Drop can do. it's the closest thing to a literal nuke any Warframe has.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Two abilities? I only use one. And just coz Negation Swarm. Otherwise it'd be zero.

FWIW, my thoughts on Inaros tweaks from a previous topic:

Devour: make the target invincible (to anything other than the Health drain damage).
Have it store weapon damage to be unleashed upon the duration running out (see Nyx etc),
if this kills the target it would also spawn a Sand Shadow (it's just a short-lived decoy after all).
Maybe add a glowing icon above the target or something, to make it easier for Squad members to recognize.

Darude Sandstorm: lower the activation and / or per-second cost, maybe increase the range a bit.
Definitely remove that weird camera lock where you're restricted in how far you can tilt your view.
Some more movement speed would be nice, maybe allow casting Devour during it, even.

Scarab Swarm: with invincible Devour targets, you could set up an enduring Scarab trap, that'd be nifty.
I also would welcome it if the targeting was changed to a simple "impact AoE" like Rest & Rage for example.

hace 10 minutos, (PS4)robotwars7 dijo:

then clearly you've never seen what Antimatter Drop can do. it's the closest thing to a literal nuke any Warframe has.

I have Nova, and I'm aware of what the 2 can do.
But, it's  s l o w, and the area isn't that big.
Though it's funny nuking corpus ships in Fortuna with it.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Soleyman1 said:

But, it's  s l o w, and the area isn't that big.

it's pretty big with a strength and duration setup. I've wiped entire rooms with it in sortie 3. the slow speed is essentially to balance it, otherwise it would be a bit mad, to say the least.. my Nova is meant for Molecular prime, but Antimatter works very well with her too.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

hace 3 minutos, (PS4)robotwars7 dijo:

it's pretty big with a Range setup. I've wiped entire rooms with it in sortie 3. the slow speed is essentially to balance it, otherwise it would be a bit mad, to say the least..

But Nova's 2 isn't affected by Range, I've seen it in the wiki, and tested it.

hace 8 minutos, (PS4)robotwars7 dijo:

it's pretty big with a strength and duration setup. I've wiped entire rooms with it in sortie 3. the slow speed is essentially to balance it, otherwise it would be a bit mad, to say the least.. my Nova is meant for Molecular prime, but Antimatter works very well with her too.

Strength doesn't affect the 8x dmg it absorbs, only the radiation dmg it deals before exploding.

1 hour ago, Soleyman1 said:

yeah but, Nova only uses her 4 and she isn't thattt boring, while Inaros uses his 4 and sometimes his 1 and is soooo boring

I agree. All abilities of a frame should be useful. I was just pointing out it is a common problem not Inaros only problem.

I consider myself an Inaros main, and the only ability I really don't use is sandstorm. It's not a great damage ability, and as a Melee player, I'd rather all my enemies stay on the ground where I can hit them, not be flung every which way.

His passive sarcophagus is a joke when it's really needed.
His unwritten passive "restoring life on finisher" is my bread and butter.

Dessicate is my most used ability, since it sets enemies up for finishers and acts as quick crowd control. (and on low level missions like Lith Fissures, it can kill enemies that spawn in walls.)

Devour is used when I want some invincible time around some heavy hitting enemies. It will also disable that one enemy, like a heavy gunner. When an enemy has been hit by Devour, they become devourable by team mates to heal their health up as well. (they just hit "interact" with the enemy)

I use his Scarab Armor rarely, on tougher missions, when I know there won't be nullifiers, because I run head-long into nullifier bubbles to kill the units. When I'm in a group, I'll use Scarab Armor's swarming ability to lock down certain areas with its crowd control, or set up a passive health restoration area for the party, as the scarabs drain the life of their victims.

If they made the sarcophagus' charging mechanic not be linked to damage dealt, to something more reliable, I'd be happier with it, but I don't really even consider it to be my passive, due to the unwritten one existing.

If anything, I'd change his sand storm somehow, or replace it (his Ramsees jet-covered armor seems to have been inspired by that ability, though, so unlikely to have it replaced with something useful.) If it were a buff instead of a "form" that we take, that moved with us, reducing enemy accuracy from outside it, and randomly staggering enemies inside it, I'd probably make full use of it (as a melee player.)

• Like 1

They should have given him a very stupid but practical negative. 

Like 0.6 sprint / movement speed would more than balance him out. Desiccated corpses should not be running that fast anyway. 

• Like 1