Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

don't you think Inaros needs some changes?

Soleyman1

16 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

The fact that his HP is so much higher than the HP of all other existing Frames (if modded correctly, EHP is even much higher in comparison) makes balancing the game maybe not impossible but really really difficult. I mean, how do you wanna determine how much damage an enemy should be able to do when we have frames like Banshee which can be killed easily by lvl 40 enemies or lower if you dont pay attention while you can afk for some time with Inaros in a group of lvl 150 enemies?

Inaros isn't giving DE any significant problems. He is durable but that is not hard for DE to deal with. All it takes is giving bosses a 1-hit kill mechanism and he is a weak as everyone else.  

The warframes that are hard to deal with are the ones that have insane healing/regeneration or flat out immunity. In order for DE to even have a chance of killing them they need to be obliterated in that tiny window their skills end and have to be recast or use an instant kill to bypass it entirely. 

Edited by LazyKnight

vor 6 Minuten schrieb LazyKnight:

Inaros isn't giving DE any significant problems. He is durable but that is not hard for DE to deal with. All it takes is giving bosses a 1-hit kill mechanism and he is a weak as everyone else.  

The warframes that are hard to deal with are the ones that have insane healing/regeneration or flat out immunity. In order for DE to even have a chance of killing them they need to be obliterated in that tiny window their skills end and have to be recast or use an instant kill to bypass it entirely.

Like Liches? 😛

Anyway, in Warframe we mostly fight normal enemies, and not every enemy can have a 1-hit kill mechanism.

I get your point that there are many Warframes which can become really hard to kill, but they always rely on Abilities. (and like people pointed out, Inaros is also able to heal himself)

So we have to make sure the abilities are active, that we have enough energy to recast them, dont run into Nullifiers, Energy Leeches etc.

At the very least this demands some sort of input and awareness from the player while all of this barely matters when using Inaros.

34 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Anyway, in Warframe we mostly fight normal enemies, and not every enemy can have a 1-hit kill mechanism.

Most of the NPCs are rather easy to kill and for the most part they can be killed before their damage comes into play. These normal enemies end up staying around far longer than they should have if a player is using Inaros for anything under level 100. This issue sorta of relegates Inaros game-play usefulness to level 100-175 and for certain bosses that DE made immune to warframe's abilities. So, that is kind of why I see him as a go to warframe for using against a boss because it's about the only place in game that he has any use at all.

34 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

So we have to make sure the abilities are active, that we have enough energy to recast them, dont run into Nullifiers, Energy Leeches etc.

At the very least this demands some sort of input and awareness from the player while all of this barely matters when using Inaros.

It sounds like you do not enjoy playing natural tank characters in video games. Their purpose is to be little more than a meat slab and lack any other useful or interesting tool. Some people enjoy this type of character type (Not a small %) and the feature you consider a negative they consider a positive. 

• Like 1

hace 1 hora, vegetosayajin dijo:

and he is never gone on a hard mission to use her 1 and any fast missions to use her 3 😄

Excuse me, I have.
Tell me how the 1 can be useful if it literally goes to the enemies and I lose the damage reduction.
The 3? I don't have any issue traveling during missions, only in open maps like PoE. But, guess what! Archwing.

1 hour ago, LazyKnight said:

Most of the NPCs are rather easy to kill and for the most part they can be killed before their damage comes into play. These normal enemies end up staying around far longer than they should have if a player is using Inaros for anything under level 100. This issue sorta of relegates Inaros game-play usefulness to level 100-175 and for certain bosses that DE made immune to warframe's abilities. So, that is kind of why I see him as a go to warframe for using against a boss because it's about the only place in game that he has any use at all.

That’s sort of a weird way to look at it. As an inaros main, the enemies last as long as it takes me to aim at them and fire. We pretty much all carry guns that can kill either one thing or every thing in front of us in a second for those lower level missions.  He’s not a kill things you can’t see Halfway across the map frame like saryn for sure but compared to everything else he’s just as fast. He just doesn’t need to stop to heal/regen/buff to stay alive ever since his health when well equipped will last the entire mission nor does he need to come to a screeching halt at bubbles lest he lose the thing keeping him alive. And inevitable it’s the inaros standing still for x seconds taking fire from whatever killed the ability frame while resurrecting. 

he’s good at everything he just has somewhat of a weakness for defense objectives since he has no way to protect them short of killing the attackers. 

Edited by (XB1)Evilgamr
  • Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb LazyKnight:

Well i mentioned Railjack in my first post, and the enemies there are significantly tougher so i think this isnt 100%true.

Most weapons and abilities dont shred through the enemies in Railjack like they do elsewhere and people have pointed this out in their Feedback about Railjack (most i have seen like it, i like it aswell but there are also players who think they are too tough).

vor 1 Stunde schrieb LazyKnight:

It sounds like you do not enjoy playing natural tank characters in video games. Their purpose is to be little more than a meat slab and lack any other useful or interesting tool. Some people enjoy this type of character type (Not a small %) and the feature you consider a negative they consider a positive. 

Might be true, i indeed think its pretty boring because i like it when i have to do something else besides running through everything and melting it with my melee weapon without having to think too much. Ofc i know that there are players that like this type of gameplay, thats why my first sentence was "i am probably alone with this opinion" and the fact that i got some likes surprised me a bit 😄

This doesnt change the fact that imo its problematic for balancing if one single character has like 10 times as much Base-HP as most other Frames. We have:

• 6 Frames with 225 HP
  • 2 Frames with 240 HP
  • 34 Frames with 300 HP
  • 5 Frames with 375 HP
  • 4 Frames with 450 HP
  • and then there is Inaros with 2200 HP
Edited by DreisterDino

41 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Well i mentioned Railjack in my first post, and the enemies there are significantly tougher so i think this isnt 100%true.

Most weapons and abilities dont shred through the enemies in Railjack like they do elsewhere and people have pointed this out in their Feedback about Railjack (most i have seen like it, i like it aswell but there are also players who think they are too tough).

Might be true, i indeed think its pretty boring because i like it when i have to do something else besides running through everything and melting it with my melee weapon without having to think too much. Ofc i know that there are players that like this type of gameplay, thats why my first sentence was "i am probably alone with this opinion" and the fact that i got some likes surprised me a bit 😄

This doesnt change the fact that imo its problematic for balancing if one single character has like 10 times as much Base-HP as most other Frames. We have:

• 6 Frames with 225 HP
  • 2 Frames with 240 HP
  • 34 Frames with 300 HP
  • 5 Frames with 375 HP
  • 4 Frames with 450 HP
  • and then there is Inaros with 2200 HP

It's cool you think Valk, Ash, Hildryn, Revenant, Grendel, and Nidus don't exist, but they do.

The Truth is out there.

16 hours ago, Soleyman1 said:

Excuse me, I have.
Tell me how the 1 can be useful if it literally goes to the enemies and I lose the damage reduction.
The 3? I don't have any issue traveling during missions, only in open maps like PoE. But, guess what! Archwing.

1 - range (if you have a good slova build with max duration 300% it is always with -range)
2 - it's not about an issue, if you have seen DriftFrame you will know why nova is banned from it - she is unfair when used right (and no it's not only for a made up race in game, every fast mission could become much much faster if you use her right)

Like I said before, learn her before speaking bs.

Edited by vegetosayajin

I honestly would just change his 2 and passive. Passive 20% chance on kill to summon a sand golem max4-7. Basically same as his 2 does when it kills something.

2 could devour them for life. His passive would trigger once every 60 seconds and draw in his sand golems to devour and revive.

i mean sure he still won’t die, but he’ll be fun running around with a little army.

wait wait wait. Could just remove his mana altogether and have each spell cost one golem sacrifice. Maybe up the max to 7 and a 100% chance to make one on next kill every 5-10 seconds 

Edited by BDMblue

I think Inaros is in need of a change. He's pretty much invincible without effort (arcane grace and some health mods and you're good to go). His kit doesn't contribute much else. A big bag of HP equipped with weapons taking up 1/4 of a team. Sure he's got a little CC paired with some healing, but its relatively quite bad.

While it may be great being able to afk in the middle of an arbitration to answer the door or take a phone call, I'm just not sure it's good for warframe to have that kind of playstyle available. It makes for a much less engaging experience.

As many others have already pointed out, Inaros is a big sack of health who can be built in such a way that he can go AFK in high-level missions and still not die. It doesn't even matter that half his abilities aren't really worth using, because he can forget he even has abilities and still come out more successful than many frames going through much more active gameplay just to not die. He has, by far, the most passive gameplay out of any frame in the game, and more generally makes a mockery of balance, as only a small amount of mathematical analysis shows that there is a difference among different frames' EHP by entire orders of magnitude. Above all else, he needs a massive hit to his base health, as it prevents his abilities from being made interesting even if they were strong. I'd talk about how it eats into his power budget, but I don't think Warframe has nearly enough of a hold on its own balance for "power budget" to ever be a relevant balancing factor.

Beyond nerf talk, though, Inaros really could stand to have more interesting and powerful abilities: his 1 is fine, but his 2 and passive are both heavily flawed in that they're single-target abilities with flat, non-scaling damage... on a frame that doesn't even really want to build Power Strength. His 3 achieves nothing due to how it throws enemies around randomly, and his 4 could stand to be a bit quicker and stronger too. Thus, the really abbreviated changes I'd suggest for Inaros would be the following:

• Nerf his base health so that he can actually die if he doesn't do anything with his kit.
  • Make his passive damage scale, remove its ability to damage allies.
  • Make Sand Shadow damage scale better, and improve their AI (could be said for any enemy-based minion though).
  • Make Devour's damage scale.
  • Reduce Sandstorm's Energy drain, increase the damage mitigation, and have the tornado trap enemies and hold them firmly in place, dropping them at Inaros's feet on release so that he can then reliably use his other AoE abilities on them.
  • Remove the armor component to Scarab Swarm, instead just have Inaros immediately consume health to launch scarabs at enemies. Base the healing on missing health, and make the augment grant radial status immunity or the like in compensation.

In essence, make Inaros much less passive, and instead have him sustain himself and his allies via his kit, with a bit more damage to boot.

• Like 1

Maybe a few things to make him more than just a "Tanky weapons platform" but nothing severe.

Hydroid and Nekros need the attention much more imo, outside of farming they kind of...don't do anything.

There's also Nyx and Loki, who people praise to no end despite being outclassed in many circumstances by other frames (Ivara and Octavia stealth makes Loki look like training wheels).

The only complaint I have on Inaros is that he is not graphically "heavy" and muscular as the most tanky frame in game should be. Just see how Rhino and Hildryn are, and they're paper in comparison to Inaros. Give the guy a visual buff, he seems nekros healthier brother !

I dunno. Sometimes you want to do fancy Ninjutsu moves, then spin-kick a gold-encrusted kunai in mid-air right at your problem's head, finishing off with a three-point landing and a cool hair flip.

Sometimes you just want to throw a brick at it and move on.

Inaros is the brick. Boring but practical, a niche he corners well. Can't we just let him have that niche?

Edited by KnossosTNC

hace 5 horas, vegetosayajin dijo:

1 - range (if you have a good slova build with max duration 300% it is always with -range)
2 - it's not about an issue, if you have seen DriftFrame you will know why nova is banned from it - she is unfair when used right (and no it's not only for a made up race in game, every fast mission could become much much faster if you use her right)

Like I said before, learn her before speaking bs.

I literally have -range, but still it g o e s  t o  t h e  e n e m i e s.
oh yeah, I should use a sniper and shoot 100 meters away.