(PS4)EatmyAci3

Seriously why cant we grind for Tennogen skins

So tennogen skins should be plat and the fact that they cost money is very stupid. Us players can work to get plat for hours just to make our frames looks nice because most frames are really ugly and all De made stuff is some how even uglier. The tennogen stuff is very expensive $10 for a skin are you kidding. i have a good amount of plat that i have gotten from trades so there is o reason i should have to pay $10 dollars to get more plat just to buy a skin even though i have more then enough plat to buy a the skin. The tennogen skins completely ruined fashion framing for me and ruins the overall experience of the game for me. There is no reason they should be pay only players should be able to get every thing for free not have to pay. So De please consider making it free and just give the creators of the skins a portion of the plat we pay it would be a way better system.

• Haha 7
  • Upvote 1

On 2020-01-05 at 11:29 PM, (PS4)EatmyAci3 said:

There is no reason they should be pay only players should be able to get every thing for free not have to pay.

The reason would be that DE make the game free, but get money from every plat perchase that they use to pay employes.

Tennogen is made from people not employed by DE, so the revinue is required to be seperate from plat for finantial reasons. I think its something to do with how steam works, as the workshop is part of steam.

• Like 2
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

If you make the tennogen skins free on PC, then how can we support our favorite creators? some of the Tennogen creators make a living out of it, they get a cut from the sales on the Steam Workshop. I am personally fine with the way it is right now, i like to support creators.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 8

Posted (edited)
On 2020-01-06 at 5:29 AM, (PS4)EatmyAci3 said:

So tennogen skins should be plat and the fact that they cost money is very stupid. Us players can work to get plat for hours just to make our frames looks nice because most frames are really ugly and all De made stuff is some how even uglier. The tennogen stuff is very expensive $10 for a skin are you kidding. i have a good amount of plat that i have gotten from trades so there is o reason i should have to pay $10 dollars to get more plat just to buy a skin even though i have more then enough plat to buy a the skin. The tennogen skins completely ruined fashion framing for me and ruins the overall experience of the game for me. There is no reason they should be pay only players should be able to get every thing for free not have to pay. So De please consider making it free and just give the creators of the skins a portion of the plat we pay it would be a way better system.

You are on PS4

Tennogen in PS4 IS on plat.

I have no idea what problem you have.

Also, its PC price is in dollars because its not DE's. A player made them. They have full right to receive profit for it. They made it. DE gives them a share for each sale. If you are to grind them via plat (which PS4 players already have), then why will they even make skins in the first place?

Edited by Aadi880
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

I havent looked but is there an option for skin creators to make their skin actually free or offer it as free ? 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, NigglesAU said:

I havent looked but is there an option for skin creators to make their skin actually free or offer it as free ? 

Not sure, but considering both DE and Steam also get a cut, I doubt it.

Edited by rapt0rman
  • Upvote 1

I see that you are on PS4, which means you can farm plat for your Tennogen skins as stated by others here.

However, on the off chance that you were logged into the wrong account, and are talking about PC, here is how you grind for Tennogen on PC:

1. Go to Steam Store page,
  2. Download CS:GO or TF2,
  3. Play CS:GO or TF2 until you get crates,
  4. Sell the crates on the Steam Community Market,
  5. Congratulations, you now have money in your Steam Wallet, which you can use to buy Tennogen items.

Please note that this may take a very long time. A more time efficient (but typically less fun) method is as follows:

1. Get a job,
  2. Work at said job,
  3. Get paid,
  4. Spend your earnings to put money in your Steam Wallet,
  5. Congratulations, you now have money in your Steam Wallet, which you can use to buy Tennogen items.

Hope this helps.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Satisfied 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

I see that you are on PS4, which means you can farm plat for your Tennogen skins as stated by others here.

However, on the off chance that you were logged into the wrong account, and are talking about PC, here is how you grind for Tennogen on PC:

1. Go to Steam Store page,
  2. Download CS:GO or TF2,
  3. Play CS:GO or TF2 until you get crates,
  4. Sell the crates on the Steam Community Market,

Please note that this may take a very long time. A more time efficient (but typically less fun) method is as follows:

1. Get a job,
  2. Work at said job,
  3. Get paid,
  4. Spend your earnings to put money in your Steam Wallet,

Hope this helps.

Bro, this is a priceless response.. thank you very much for this.. made my day ..

• Satisfied 2

what why should it be free its someones hard work and  they should be paid  for investing the time to make those

and if it was free and the creater didnt get any thing out of making the skins who it right mind would be dum enough to wast time it it

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As someone who's started modeling and stuff for this, I can wholeheartedly say no. This stuff is A LOT of work and these people deserve proper payment for their work. You wanna know how long it takes to make one of those skins? Likely weeks of working every little minute detail of every nook and cranny of the models, every single pixel of the multitude of texture files that you have to ensure all lay properly together and can be properly colored and so on and so on... Asking for this for free is an insult to all the truly great creators we have on the scene here.

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

On 2020-01-07 at 11:50 PM, Reakacemrz said:

what why should it be free its someones hard work and  they should be paid  for investing the time to make those

and if it was free and the creater didnt get any thing out of making the skins who it right mind would be dum enough to wast time it it

Not everything is about getting something in return.. 

• Like 1

On 2020-01-07 at 6:18 PM, NigglesAU said:

If that were to happen, it might drive down demand or price of the existing ones.. which would be a pity, since the original creators didn't sign up for that.

57 minutes ago, (XB1)I semideum said:

not everything but artist who create must be paid  and the artists should have the say in if they want to make their skin ok to buy with plat or tennogen skin that r old be ok to buy with plat or something that would be fair than having all ok to buy with plat

1 hour ago, (XB1)I semideum said:

Let me tell you something: one day you too will strike out on your own, and you'll no longer have pa and ma paying all the bills: you too will have to put your own food on the table, pay the rent, pay off your student loan, deal with health insurance. When that happens, you will no longer say stuff like this, I assure you.

• Applause 3

1 minute ago, TearsOfTomorrow said:

Let me tell you something: one day you too will strike out on your own, and you'll no longer have pa and ma paying all the bills: you too will have to put your own food on the table, pay the rent, pay off your student loan, deal with health insurance. When that happens, you will no longer say stuff like this, I assure you.

Username checks out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, (XB1)I semideum said:

And not everything is about getting something for free.

That statement doesn't really have a ground to stand on when you consider the fact that it can take weeks and even months for someone to create a single Warframe skin, as a hobby or within their own free time, in which they get a chance to get the item accepted in-game and then financially benefit from it.

Poster is on ps4 so you are paying plat for skins anyhow.  Of course console is behind pc. So we don't even get all the skins.

At present pc has at least a dozen skins we do not.