Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe you've officially hurt me in every way possible...

Foxikori

Words cannot describe my down falling experience with this game, so I'll give it my best shot.

When I was first suggested this game I saw the 25 gigs it took up in my hard drive and thought, "No, that's to much, my puny laptop can't even run this anyway", but after a couple of days of nagging and friendly reconsideration, I finally took the plunge and downloaded the game. Everything about it hooked me instantly, the progression path, the gun play, the experiences I had with my friends and the fact my acer espire laptop could run this thing at all. The lowest settings still gave me joy and there weren't many other games of the same caliber that I could get the same quality from. I got all the way to Mars and sort of forgot about the game for a couple months, I'm pretty sure we've all had that experience though, even my friends had that phase. But we all came back, we enjoyed the grind, the story and the everlasting content that was present in the game.

More friends joined and since they had all the high end pc's they could imagine this was the only title I could really play with them. Finally we completed the story which was at least half the content that was easily enjoyable and accessible, it was only up hill from there when it came to power. But it was all behind was of grind. Our fun one by one slowly dissipated. First it was just one friend, I could deal with that, the only reason he left is because he was mad at the grind and not being able to get things at the snap of his fingers. Then there was the early 2019 content drought, by this point we'd done all the things the game had to offer and we were grizzled veterans begging for the sweet succulence of content to feed our insatiable minds. One by one, friend after friend, they all left. I was the only survivor in my small group of friends, me, the person who'd considered not even starting this adventure. This is around the time Khora released with sanctuary onslaught but not matter how hard I tried to say, "Content is back, come try it with me!", they didn't listen, the people who wanted me to join them in warframes escapade left me in their dust.

This didn't make me quit or anything like that, I played by myself and managed psychologically all the way into Fortuna. That was when I friend I had recently made in my new high school told me about how he started playing warframe a few months ago, it kicked off from there, I'd finally gotten the feeling back. The psychological strait of not being around anyone you know in a place you would die for. That feeling had finally been slaughtered.

I should've known the suffering would eventually come back to me.

He slowly began to lose more and more interest as he'd gotten to where I had gotten in merely months because he loved the game. Long story shot he's not playing the game anymore.

This 2 year adventure has shown me that its foolish to think this world is going to provide you with something you love at no cost. I'm still drifting away from friends I used to talk to everyday because of this game. And Destiny?! Oh I have a finger to point at Destiny, it stole the experiences I had and any effort I try to put into liking the game is officially drying out. They lock new content behind paywalls while the old content rots in repetitiveness. I love Warframe, I really do. Do I hate Destiny? No it's an alright experience. Do I hate what both of these titles have done to my mental stability?

Yes, yes I do.

• Like 1

Almost 32 in rl.  The dimple truth nothing lasts forever. As time goes on we loose connections to others simply because of life.

I think playing only for challeng ed is a waste and will just result in burnout. If only the presence of playing with others gave you joy.  Then did you actually enjoy the game for what is is?

Do what makes you happy in life. Thats the only question and answer that matters.

I play games for stress relief and dtory. Wf still does it for me.

Take a long break.  We live in a digital age with a infinite amount of things and knowledge at the click of a mouse.

All the people i hung out with in my childhood have left and are living regular lives elsewhere. Its fleeting when you think about it.  And my closest friend i once considered closer then my blood family.  Lied to my face, and stole ftom me. I have no interest in seeing him ever again.

Trust no one ever.

i started solo so my experience is different, 3.5+ years now still enjoying but don't like recent stat differing grind. hope that gets fixed. i tried to get my friends on board but they are stuck in pubg-mobile type games. i couldn't get into it since i hate pvp games since i suck at them and lose early. so they are more Stress-giving rather than giving relief. i'd say play for the lore since the story is entertaining. don't bother with grind if the reward doesn't feel worth like currently the new ephemera locked under time gated BS plus rare cache.

Edited by Dauggie

I like the solo experience personally and the only person I make it a point to play with is my wife. Sure having friends to play with would be cool, but not having friends play it hasn't messed with my experience. I understand this is a different place from where you are coming from. But these things happen, If you enjoy the game then keeping playing and you'll come across more people that also enjoy it. Maybe as much as you do.

Edited by Twentyside

OP, I have almost the same experience you have... 

I started the game around 4-5 years ago with some friends. Long story short, a friend passed away, the other has RL obligation now (wife, kids etc), the last one simply got bored and moved to MHW. We used to have fun doing stupid stuff, talking in discord and all. Gained some new friends in the game, but they also left. I'm mostly solo now

The soloing part sometimes makes be bored. I even fell asleep sometimes during long survival/defense run. Either camp or nuke comes along the way (which is nice.. sometime). Sometimes the game is mentally exhausting since RNG screws you up most of the time (but hey, its RNG, sacrifice more sheep to get better one lol)

Took a hiatus about 1-2 years ago, and just recently got back here myself. Deliberately not taking on fortuna (yeah haven't touched those), lich and RJ. Don't want to burn myself out again doing all the things right away.

Overall, the game is still okay to me to sink in a couple hours every day, but sometimes I lose the fun and entertainment part. I feel the grind is getting longer to get a single thing. But hey perhaps it's just me and my inexperience

Yeah..... you need some professional help  , you are clearly an unstable young man , struggling with his mental health.

https://www.betterhelp.com/ . https://psychiatryonline.org/ . This two sites might help you there is lots to read and also even online help . i would advise you explore your options before you become a danger to people around you