Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't Believe I'm Saying This - I'm Looking Forward To The Next Nightwave Season

BornWithTeeth

Hey, what can I say, the format's grown on me. I was a major critic of the first season of Nightwave, but the devs took onboard the criticisms they received (most of the simpler and more direct ones to apply, anyway) and by now it's a handy way to give out side stories and lore, plus unique cosmetics. Still a bit grindy and repetitive, but hey, Warframe.

• Like 15

It’s still just a way to put things I’d like to get, behind repetitive chores that up my playtime. I’d be happier if it was time played type of thing. Say you get so many points per half hour played, and the points you get are capped daily like syndicate standing. I’d really like to play how/what I want, and still be able to get rewards. 

• Like 2

Well, the next season is supposed to not mainly feature extrinsic rewards(items, gear, etc.) but a reason to keep playing beyond exploiting the player urge to collect everything. That's why I've been looking forward to seeing it, though I'm under no illusions that it will be a while. That's fine, though. If DE can create gameplay that isn't solely centered around loot, there may be hope for an endgame after all.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Hey, what can I say, the format's grown on me. I was a major critic of the first season of Nightwave, but the devs took onboard the criticisms they received (most of the simpler and more direct ones to apply, anyway) and by now it's a handy way to give out side stories and lore, plus unique cosmetics. Still a bit grindy and repetitive, but hey, Warframe.

So i suspect you got a bad vidar reactor too, i understand you so much, at least nightwave doesn't have a 2 % drop chance to reward crap.

Edited by (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO
I really want +100 avionics

1 minute ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

So i suspect you got a bad vidar reactor too, i understand you so much, at least nightwave doesn't have a 2 % to reward crap.

This...has nothing to do with Railjack. Did you think this thread was a stealth-salt thread about Railjack? Pfff, no.

The only good thing about nightwave is that isn't multiple layers of rng or stupidly low drop chance.....

It's still the same 'chores' as before... it's just this intermission feels really bad because it's too long and because we're getting loot we've already had (assuming you've done other nightwaves).... meaning we want it over and done with for the next one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sarge_Tarmus said:

Well... It's somewhat an unpopular opinion, but for a person, who usually has time to play only during weekend, Nightwave is a great way to keep me engaged, as long as tehre are new rewards, not some re-runs, like the current intemission.

I'm fine with 're runs but ther also need new stuff as well

7 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Yeah, I noticed the community loves mediocrity (or in this case, pure diarrhea). Won't stop me complaining and hoping for a better product.

I’m actually alright with completion based rewards rather than being stuck in RNG hell, especially for cosmetic items. Umbra forma is a nice touch, though. 

I'd be very happy if they said it was a failed experiment and discontinued it. I like not doing old content I grinded just so I don't have to do it anymore. "You don't have to do it" I kind of have to if I want nightwave to be over with so that's how I roll with it. Won't be long before they run out of ideas, they kind of already did with the intermission and it'll just be like baro visits, except you have to wade through all the trash to maybe get something worthwhile or something that isn't a duplicate.

Edited by (PS4)AllOrNothinDays
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Mostly I agree, I'm sure it could still get better, but it works and you can max rank in two weeks, the forget about alerts..

I like the reliability of obtaining rewards that I want with nightwave, it is good that DE removed some of the utter trash acts but they still have a few.

The 30 minute survival ones are a chore. It isn't difficult, just a slog and doesn't make much sense being that rotation C is done at 20 minutes. Being forced to do something really boring for 30 minutes straight is not fun. 

The reward system caters to veterans more than newer players. This is because simply finishing all the nightwave acts requires access to a lot of content that can take many hours to unlock and all the rewards like aura mods, potato's, weapons and Vauban can take up a lot of a newer players credits. Veterans can just buy exactly what they want whenever, because they get so many credits after 'prestiging.' The weekly shop refresh is also stupid, everything should always be available 24/7 and not sold in weird cycles that make no sense. 

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

this intermissions should end at start of February 

I don't particularly miss Nightwave. However I have nothing against it, it does give you something to do.

I rather if the challenges were at least something interesting like:
Keep an accuracy rate of 70% or higher in an exterminate mission
Complete a high level survival with an unmodded weapon or Warframe

Just spit-balling but I wouldn't mind actual challenges instead of chores. But of course they would need to adjust the point system accordingly. Or maybe they could have special Nightwave maps with certain effects in place (like the Grendel mission).

But I can certainly live with the current format, I'm just saying it could be better and more engaging.

• Like 1