Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BornWithTeeth

Can't Believe I'm Saying This - I'm Looking Forward To The Next Nightwave Season

Eh. I suppose it's pretty cool. The best thing about Nightwave for me is that it's not RNG snooze-and-lose trash like the system it replaced. I get to schedule acts I couldn't do passively for Special Sessions for the first two or three days a week, then chill for the rest - I didn't even complete all of last week's weeklies until Saturday. All the lore and stuff are just bonuses to me.

So yeah, I would say that I enjoy the absence of Alerts more than Nightwave itself. But all in all, while It had a rough launch and needed a lot of improvements, in hindsight, Update 24.3 was probably one of my three favourite updates of last year (along with 25.7 "Saint of Altra" and 25.8.2).

I still miss alerts, it was one of the more reliable ways to get random groups.

But thankfully DE has listened to feedback about Nightwave and it now is less irritatingly obtuse with some of the requirements, so I'll give them credit for improving it, but I also won't forget the initial mindless slog it started from.

Of course there may be people who thought all the complaints about Nightwave were just rants, but feedback is feedback, and regardless of how bad some of it was it was needed because the initial Nightwave was terrible.

...Now if only they could use some of that "actually listening to feedback" on the Lich system.

Brace yourself, next NW will probably feature RNG for every level reward, with 2% chance of getting new OP weapon, also RNG on its status!! 

How would they even implement RNG into nightwave, because right now you do nightwave challenges, you get standing, you get the rewards specified by each tier.  Oh wait, I know.  We remove nightwave and make it so nitain randomly appears 4 times every 24 hours, with each nitain only being obtainable for half an hour once it appears.  Sounds like a lot of fun, like shedu farming but even more unpredictable because they can put out the nitain missions whenever they like and there will be no formula for it.  Have fun not getting the nitain that appeared at 4am local time.  

Nightwave is fine to me beyond dupe rewards that are of no value to the player, give us something else instead.  Like umbra forma.  

The whole "wait and let them get used to this worse thing and stop harping on it every day while we stick our heads in the sand" tactic seems to have worked on you.

I'm glad for you... but I'm not... looking forward to anything Nightwave-related.

I'm very happy that I got the rank 29 reward, and now all the completions/rankups I get are coincidental. I just ignore it unless I'm helping someone that needs the stuff you only really get from it. (like Nitain, reactors/catalysts/Umbra forma, even if there are other avenues of obtaining them.)

The shop should have its entire contents available without rotations, even though I'm making plat selling the auras, I'd be happier if their unobtainability wasn't the reason (I sell other stuff just fine - auras are important to early player builds and enjoyment of the game - it's like free base mastery rank with the extra mod capacity you get on a fresh frame).

Alerts were better for me (and any/all newbies) since in 1 year, I obtained all the alt-helmets, all the auras, a stockpile of 30 reactors and catalysts (even after using them on all primes I have), all the weapon skins, well over a hundred Nitain (I still have over 50, and I've built most of the stuff that needs it including Vauban Prime), and they were my primary source of rare drops like Oxium, Tellurium, Kavat Genetic Codes, etc. I even worked 2 jobs and was the supposed target market for the "work your way toward your goals, instead of waiting for random windows of opportunity" system... and it works worse for me. Go figure.

I'd like to see them return, alongside Nightwave (because I know they'll never just remove Nightwave - too much work and voice acting and everything.) I've offered many suggestions on how they could return in a more meaningful, player-friendly way, so I won't go into that here.

(the use-a-forma act still needs to go, among other things)

5 hours ago, (XB1)Deputy Facepain said:

It’s still just a way to put things I’d like to get, behind repetitive chores that up my playtime. I’d be happier if it was time played type of thing. Say you get so many points per half hour played, and the points you get are capped daily like syndicate standing. I’d really like to play how/what I want, and still be able to get rewards. 

This is my main reason for not liking Nightwave. It strong arms your playtime and kinda had you on weird fomo situations. Wanna forma a frame or weapon, but the polarize act isn't up better wait till it is. Need endo and got sculptures, but the socket ayatans ain't up tough luck.

4 hours ago, Wolfglaive said:

Welp, you're in the minority. 

I will gladly stay with him not like many of my choices are in the majority........

I'm not. At this point, unless it's somehow significantly different, I think I'm just going to entirely ignore it. I was sick of it when it launched, and it hasn't really changed significantly at all since then; some of the more obnoxious challenges have been pruned off or had requirements lowered, but it's still almost all of the exact same boring chores it was when it first came out. There's still nothing actually new or directly rewarding about any of the same old junk it wants me to run over and over.

It IS probably a pretty nice system for newer players in terms of guiding people to various pieces of content to do.

i also absolutely hate nora and wish the option to shut her up hadn't immediately broken upon the first intermission and never been fixed since

5 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

I'm not. Unless "next Nightwave" means "removal of Nightwave:. Then I'm on board. Otherwise, nah. I want it dead and removed more than I want Conclave dead and removed.

Oh come on now, mandatory participation is all the new rage, everybody's doing it; so when the chicken overlords ask about attendance and participation all those nice numbers pad things out real good.

17 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

Oh come on now, mandatory participation is all the new rage, everybody's doing it; so when the chicken overlords ask about attendance and participation all those nice numbers pad things out real good.

I apologize, but I will only submit to our robot overlords. Chicken overlords be damned, I will not submit to such a confused group until they figure whether it was the chicken overlords or the egg overlords who came first.

6 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Hey, what can I say, the format's grown on me. I was a major critic of the first season of Nightwave, but the devs took onboard the criticisms they received (most of the simpler and more direct ones to apply, anyway) and by now it's a handy way to give out side stories and lore, plus unique cosmetics. Still a bit grindy and repetitive, but hey, Warframe.

Then I'm sure they'll be more than happy to have the next reward table be:

1: Umbral Forma

2. Corpus Armor Set

3. Acrid Mod

4. Kogake Mod

5. Shedu Blueprint

6. Quellor Blueprint

7. Pennant Blueprint

8. WF Slot

9. Weapon Slot

10. Orokin Reactor

11. Orokin Catalyst

12. Kuva

13. Kuva

14. Kuva

15. Glyph

16. Emote

17. Drop Booster

18. Drop Chance Booster

19. Affinity Booster

20. NW Cred

21. NW Cred

22. NW Cred

23. NW Cred

24. NW Cred

25. Cred

26. Cred

27. Cred

28. Cred

29. Cred

30. Intrinsic level

Be real interesting to see the completion rate then.

Nightwave is single handedly better than Kuva liches and Railjack.

It does not have Rng over Rng over Rng over Rng over an unsatisfying reward. 

We can pick what we want. We can see what we will get. We have FULL CONTROL on what we want to do with it. We can even skip all the Open World objectives and STILL complete the Nightwave. The GRIND in nightwave is 1000x better than that in railjack or Liches. 

No longer do we have to wait for an alert and hope it has a reward we want. We now can get the reward whenever we want it.

My ONLY complaint with it is that we cannot make use of duplicate rewards. Sure, it can help for those who could not do NW season 1 (NWS1 was way to grindy than now), but for those who did, its rather a wasted opportunity to replace them with NW Creds. The only other change I would suggest is to increase the prestige rank Cred gain from 15 creds to 20 creds (reaching 75 in 4 ranks instead of 5. I'm basing the cost of the Orokin cat/react because they are one of the most expensive things in the store).

Now that I think of it, it can be a good idea to put the duplicate rewards NW in the store, for anyone who wants to grind them, and put something unique in the intermission rewards.

Sure, technically railjack is more "fun", but the rewards:Grind ratio is completely off. Kuva liches however are just a waste now.

For something that was to replace Alerts, they ran out of ideas pretty fast. I can maybe look past the first intermission but this latest one has been hilarious in length. I've done as little as possible and I'm somewhere around level 36. Not to mention their length in general is totally exhausting.

Alerts had me checking in. Nightwave has me rolling my eyes. Any time I read complaints about the RNG of Alerts I can't help but feel it is totally exaggerated. For the most part. That's just my opinion, though.

I'm glad some people like it but it was my #1 dislike on Steve's survey for 2019.

I kinda wish they didnt put umbra forma so high... in all the nightwave, I'm not able to reach umbra forma even once due to work and other life problem... 

I still don't like Nightwave. The difference is that I don't care anymore. I dropped Warframe this summer and found a new main game and only play Warframe randomly when I want to take a break from other things. I just returned to build the ship, which I enjoyed actually, and see if things were going better but after playing it for a while, I'm already tired again. I have absolutely no interest in any of the upcoming series or in completing them. I'm rank 22 with the first, 15(max) with intermission 1, 15 with the second and 2 with intermission 2. This pretty much reflect my interest/dedication to the game. 😐 I'm a bit disappointed 'cause I played this game for years but I don't like the more nerdish twist it is taking. Sometimes I also find it irritating and pretentious and what once was "love" becomes "aversion". 😕

Just wait until they put in an intermission that last for a whole year.

1 hour ago, ArcKnight9202 said:

For something that was to replace Alerts, they ran out of ideas pretty fast. I can maybe look past the first intermission but this latest one has been hilarious in length. I've done as little as possible and I'm somewhere around level 36. Not to mention their length in general is totally exhausting.

Alerts had me checking in. Nightwave has me rolling my eyes. Any time I read complaints about the RNG of Alerts I can't help but feel it is totally exaggerated. For the most part. That's just my opinion, though.

I'm glad some people like it but it was my #1 dislike on Steve's survey for 2019.

This is the point. To write and realize something interesting you need > big balls < , not Warframe - insert random name - rework n.3400. The two series could have been two nice quests for obtaining the new Warframes, instead they wasted the ideas for this battle pass whatever. 🙄

It's kinda no love no hate kinda situation for me, 

It's good to have, buts it's just another thing that I can do leisurely at my own pace.

Like that one dude that has an uncle that brings him cool stuff to sure with friends once a year. 

DE probably regrets doing this NW coz they now has to actually spend time on it. All while putting out fires from the latest update and making new major updates. 

Intermission II already has lasted twice as long as the first Intermission (2 and half months) and there is still no sign of a new episode. WoSS and Emissary lasted for 3 months. Just so you know.

9 hours ago, More-L said:

The reward system caters to veterans more than newer players.

Ironically once you hit rank30 and start going higher for credits the rewards are more catered to newbies, who will likely struggle to get there, because most veterans will have pretty much everything in the cred store already....the rewards structure does seem a little backwards at times lol

so sick of this nightmare, i didnt do any nightmare mission for the last 2 weeks
dem it, DE.. just end this Nightmare Intermission

Yes, this was the best thing imo this year and it's way more polished now.I can do even better.
I am so glad the previous alert system is gone.

7 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

Nightwave is single handedly better than Kuva liches and Railjack.

It does not have Rng over Rng over Rng over Rng over an unsatisfying reward. 

We can pick what we want. We can see what we will get. We have FULL CONTROL on what we want to do with it. We can even skip all the Open World objectives and STILL complete the Nightwave. The GRIND in nightwave is 1000x better than that in railjack or Liches. 

No longer do we have to wait for an alert and hope it has a reward we want. We now can get the reward whenever we want it.

My ONLY complaint with it is that we cannot make use of duplicate rewards. Sure, it can help for those who could not do NW season 1 (NWS1 was way to grindy than now), but for those who did, its rather a wasted opportunity to replace them with NW Creds. The only other change I would suggest is to increase the prestige rank Cred gain from 15 creds to 20 creds (reaching 75 in 4 ranks instead of 5. I'm basing the cost of the Orokin cat/react because they are one of the most expensive things in the store).

Now that I think of it, it can be a good idea to put the duplicate rewards NW in the store, for anyone who wants to grind them, and put something unique in the intermission rewards.

Sure, technically railjack is more "fun", but the rewards:Grind ratio is completely off. Kuva liches however are just a waste now.

And yet I'd rather deal with both of them in their broken state when they released than deal with the BS known as NW.

14 hours ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

So i suspect you got a bad vidar reactor too, i understand you so much, at least nightwave doesn't have a 2 % drop chance to reward crap.

I got 2 vidar reactors both having 74+ avionics and im still enjoying nightwave. I dont understand what empyrean has to do with this