Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suspicious Transaction Notification (What's gonna happen)

Dapper._.Beast

Question

Hello! Recently I have recieved in-game mail from support stating that they have detected suspicious transactions in my account that had to be reversed.

I'm aware of the typical reasons that some people would get this message for, primarily buying 3rd party platinum or having "bad plat" in a recent trade, however I never have, never will, and have no reason to buy 3rd party plat, all my plat I buy directly from DE, due to inflation, plat is significantly cheaper in my country, 4300 plat (the most expensive package of platinum) is $200 however is only $86 in my country.

Recently some of my trades involves buying vauban prime, an arca plasmor riven and a few gold mods from randoms. The vauban prime and mods I got from randoms while the arca plasmor riven I got while hanging out with people in the Warframe discord which ended up with me purchasing a riven.

That pretty much sums up my activities in warframe, I don't do anything shady with transactions or anything like that. What confuses me further is the fact that support flooded my mailbox with these messages, about 6 of them in a span of less than an hour every few minutes. I heard of a case like this and apparently support told the guy it was a minor accident and nothing more.

I have opened a support ticket and am currently waiting for a response, I'm aware that the typical response time in my experience is about 8-9 days however I'm not sure how to go about this issue and my biggest concern is whether I'm gonna get randomly banned anytime soon, what's gonna happen while I'm waiting for their response? Should I just play the game as per usual and sleep on this until it blows over?

Any input is appreciated, thanks for taking your time to read this

UPDATE:

Hello Dapper._.Beast,

Thank you for contacting us, and for your patience. We're sorry to hear that you received this notification. Please note that this was sent to your account in error, and we regret any confusion it might have caused you. We are reviewing our procedures to ensure this does not happen again.

Thank you for your understanding and for your continued support!

Regards,
Warframe Support

Edited by Dapper._.Beast
Apparently it's an error on DE's side, good to hear

8 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Nephalem said:

Uhm yea... not to sound like a jerk,but probably i will,why do you think posting and explaining to us will solve stuf? Suport ticket and good luck!

I've sent a support ticket and I'm aware that the forums isn't gonna solve anything, I'm just asking about what could happen during the timespan of this issue if anyone else has experienced it and walk out without a ban.

3 hours ago, Dapper._.Beast said:

Hello! Recently I have recieved mail from support stating that they have detected suspicious transactions in my account that had to be reversed

this is often a red flag to a scam

I'm aware of the typical reasons that some people would get this message for, primarily buying 3rd party platinum or having "bad plat" in a recent trade, however I never have, never will, and have no reason to buy 3rd party plat, all my plat I buy directly from DE, due to inflation, plat is significantly cheaper in my country, 4300 plat (the most expensive package of platinum) is $200 however is only $86 in my country.

even more red flag that that email is fake

That pretty much sums up my activities in warframe, I don't do anything shady with transactions or anything like that. What confuses me further is the fact that support flooded my mailbox with these messages, about 6 of them in a span of less than an hour every few minutes. I heard of a case like this and apparently support told the guy it was a minor accident and nothing more.

still more proof that this is a red flag of someone trying to scam you

I have opened a support ticket and am currently waiting for a response, I'm aware that the typical response time in my experience is about 8-9 days however I'm not sure how to go about this issue and my biggest concern is whether I'm gonna get randomly banned anytime soon, what's gonna happen while I'm waiting for their response? Should I just play the game as per usual and sleep on this until it blows over?

the support staff will tell you that your account is in good standing an did not send you that email.
if your account had bad plat on it they would have taken it out of your account without sending you a email saying anything. its always been like that

Any input is appreciated, thanks for taking your time to read this 🙂

plz send the support staff a picture of the emails your getting along with the email its coming from.
then please take a closer look at the email being revived an you should notice something very odd about it.

so do to your mass amount of trading a scammer had taken notice of you an pretty much trying to trick you into handing over your account so this scummy player can take your stuff an line there lazy pockets what all your goodies

It's a flag of black plat transaction involved, possibly the one who paid you plats. This flag could date back a very long time so it might not necessarily be "recent". A minority of people get this flag from time to time as we have no way to figure out if payer is using black plats.

Bad luck to you. This happens rarely. The only thing you could do and did already is to send a support ticket. That's what the mail asked for.

You did your part, hopefully it will be all fine.

On a side note DE would be very busy cleaning up all the support tickets piled up during the holiday, so it would take some time.

2 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

this is often a red flag to a scam

even more red flag that that email is fake

still more proof that this is a red flag of someone trying to scam you

the support staff will tell you that your account is in good standing an did not send you that email.
if your account had bad plat on it they would have taken it out of your account without sending you a email saying anything. its always been like that

plz send the support staff a picture of the emails your getting along with the email its coming from.
then please take a closer look at the email being revived an you should notice something very odd about it.

so do to your mass amount of trading a scammer had taken notice of you an pretty much trying to trick you into handing over your account so this scummy player can take your stuff an line there lazy pockets what all your goodies

Apologies, I forgot to state that it was an in-game mail, the one you find in communications>mail tab.

However is it possible for players to send you in-game mail?

2 hours ago, SHArK-FiN said:

It's a flag of black plat transaction involved, possibly the one who paid you plats. This flag could date back a very long time so it might not necessarily be "recent". A minority of people get this flag from time to time as we have no way to figure out if payer is using black plats.

Bad luck to you. This happens rarely. The only thing you could do and did already is to send a support ticket. That's what the mail asked for.

You did your part, hopefully it will be all fine.

On a side note DE would be very busy cleaning up all the support tickets piled up during the holiday, so it would take some time.

Ah yes that's exactly what I'm thinking, I suppose even if one black plat falls into the hands of dozens of people across the timespan of months DE will just flag the transactions of these people until resolved. Hopefully everything will be ok 🙂