Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenebrous Ephmera Grind is Painful

EzioTheEagle

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Then wait until the tile set becomes regularly available.

Still doesn’t fix the problem, Rare/Reinforced Containers have a ridiculously low spawn chance. I have run around 200 Veil Proxima mission runs at this point and I haven’t seen a single Grineer Rare/Reinforced Container.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

What he said.

The only way DE can make people play the game consistently is through excessive grind because there is nothing else to come back to. Sad but true.

Which is why Warframe was a dead indie game with no profitability until recent /s

1 hour ago, Hedasker said:

Wow wow wow, get lucky is a skill now ? 😂🤣  And fighting RNG is an achievement ? 🤣😂🤣

You could spend your entire life farming [placeholder] and never get it just because it's hidden behind RNG, period.

sarcasm
/ˈsɑːkaz(ə)m/
noun

1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
    "she didn't like the note of sarcasm in his voice"

Generally speaking, hard to obtain rewards make me grind until my eyes bleed: Eso ephemera, completing all the arby drops, rare mods etc.

But the level of lunacy that is RNG with railjack for both rare crates - Grineer & Sentient for either Umbra or Ephemera/Captura is too high even for my generally masochistic warframe experience - so except when dragged kicking and screaming by friends, neither is motivation to farm or continue to play the game mode.

Even the pathetic drop chances on the 1% avionics and RNG wreckage stats have turned me off to trying to farm those.  At least general start chart 1% drops are generally farmable in endless missions on enemies that are lootable with some frame-based abilities.  And on a variety of mission types- Ones I can choose to blast through in 5 min, or stay an hour and have killed a thousand enemies.  With RJ (if solo) its stay 25-35 minutes to have slogged through only 100 enemies, none of whom could be looted, where vacuum doesn't exist in any meaningful way, the loot is damn near invisible if you're not right next to it, and the mission has a 20% chance of glitching out anyway and being a forced abort - so even IF RNG smiles upon you, you still get bent over and have to lose it.

Let's be honest here. The way this ephemera is obtained is the dumbest way ever conceived in the history of mankind and DE should come forward and apologize for it.

First of all, it is not a reward, because there is no effort behind it. It is not even a lottery. It is more like an accident. Maybe you get lucky and you come across a chest and maybe it also contains the ephemera. I suspect the first person who got this had this "accident": "hey, what is this red chest in the middle of nowhere.......oh, it is a new ephemera no one knew existed". Great.

Why not make a reward that is hidden behind actual effort and grind? Maybe you get that ephemera after fighting level 200+ enemies on a certain mission that happens to also have other good rewards. That would be mind blowing for DE.....common sense for all other looters out there.

3 hours ago, Astralgen said:

it will probably be permanent when the quest related to the sentient's launches 

It still won’t fix it, the ephemera is hidden in a rare/reinforced container which has a ridiculously low chance. I may never get the ephemera weeks months even years after they made it permanent.

47 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

Let's be honest here. The way this ephemera is obtained is the dumbest way ever conceived in the history of mankind and DE should come forward and apologize for it.

First of all, it is not a reward, because there is no effort behind it. It is not even a lottery. It is more like an accident. Maybe you get lucky and you come across a chest and maybe it also contains the ephemera. I suspect the first person who got this had this "accident": "hey, what is this red chest in the middle of nowhere.......oh, it is a new ephemera no one knew existed". Great.

Why not make a reward that is hidden behind actual effort and grind? Maybe you get that ephemera after fighting level 200+ enemies on a certain mission that happens to also have other good rewards. That would be mind blowing for DE.....common sense for all other looters out there.

I like your idea about hidden reward behind grind, maybe we can get a mini gamemode on that tileset where we need to survive particular number of zones or waves to get some unique rewards.. Like eso but in a different way and mini boss after each 2 zones for a nice change.. Also that mini boss can drop those rewards too but low chance.. There could be many such ideas from which we can get that new ephemera.. I just want this ephemera to be obtainable or grindable from some fun ways.. See I had to issue or complain for Grinding the eso ephemera bcoz it was 1% drop chance but we can do eso whenever we want.. But in this case, it's like to get the ephemera, we have to be obligated and keep a watch everytime the ship shows up.. 

52 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

It still won’t fix it, the ephemera is hidden in a rare/reinforced container which has a ridiculously low chance. I may never get the ephemera weeks months even years after they made it permanent.

No.. I mean if they make the ship permanent then atleast we can grind the thing at peace knowing its there, we can go grind it whenever we want but the scenario now is insane tbh

1 hour ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

Generally speaking, hard to obtain rewards make me grind until my eyes bleed: Eso ephemera, completing all the arby drops, rare mods etc.

But the level of lunacy that is RNG with railjack for both rare crates - Grineer & Sentient for either Umbra or Ephemera/Captura is too high even for my generally masochistic warframe experience - so except when dragged kicking and screaming by friends, neither is motivation to farm or continue to play the game mode.

Even the pathetic drop chances on the 1% avionics and RNG wreckage stats have turned me off to trying to farm those.  At least general start chart 1% drops are generally farmable in endless missions on enemies that are lootable with some frame-based abilities.  And on a variety of mission types- Ones I can choose to blast through in 5 min, or stay an hour and have killed a thousand enemies.  With RJ (if solo) its stay 25-35 minutes to have slogged through only 100 enemies, none of whom could be looted, where vacuum doesn't exist in any meaningful way, the loot is damn near invisible if you're not right next to it, and the mission has a 20% chance of glitching out anyway and being a forced abort - so even IF RNG smiles upon you, you still get bent over and have to lose it.

Same dude same.. I grinded all the other ephemeras like eso one, arbi one and trust me I still got annoyed a bit while Grinding those but here's the thing, those grinds weren't going anywhere.. They were still there always.. But this insane rng layered grind is scaring me if I miss the timer somehow.. The time gate is killing me

4 hours ago, EzioTheEagle said:

Please DE, do any of the above things to lessen the tiresome grind..its insane...

They won't, because in their minds "tiresome grind" = "challenge". They said that ephemeras would be earned by completing challenges, and this is their idea of that. They literally cannot conceive of any other way of making content challenging. I know that the moment Rebecca put forward on stream that the eidolon ephemera might be awarded for capturing a hydrolyst solo or for capturing a hundred hydrolysts. Nevermind that that ended up being a complete falsehood, the point is she said that as if those two things were equivalent, as if there was no qualitative difference between them in her mind. And I truly do believe she was sincere, she and the other devs really do not see any difference between tedium and challenge. Sadly.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, EzioTheEagle said:

I like your idea about hidden reward behind grind, maybe we can get a mini gamemode on that tileset where we need to survive particular number of zones or waves to get some unique rewards.. Like eso but in a different way and mini boss after each 2 zones for a nice change.. Also that mini boss can drop those rewards too but low chance.. There could be many such ideas from which we can get that new ephemera.. I just want this ephemera to be obtainable or grindable from some fun ways.. See I had to issue or complain for Grinding the eso ephemera bcoz it was 1% drop chance but we can do eso whenever we want.. But in this case, it's like to get the ephemera, we have to be obligated and keep a watch everytime the ship shows up.. 

You have to watch the ship, jump in when possible, bullet jump through everything and leave when you don't find anything. Meanwhile, some random dude who doesn't even know about it can literally bump into it by accident. When DE add some content which the best way to get it is by leaving the mission and trying again, something is wrong

3 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

My guess is about 3 months. It’s just a cosmetic. It’s not like you need it right this second.

3 months is what they'll need to fix railjack. We're likely to get the new war this year, but I'd expect it around September or so.

I do agree it's just a cosmetic, but some people are completionists and they want to have every item they can.

6 hours ago, Hedasker said:

Wow wow wow, get lucky is a skill now ? 😂🤣  And fighting RNG is an achievement ? 🤣😂🤣

You could spend your entire life farming [placeholder] and never get it just because it's hidden behind RNG, period.

They were using the Sarcasm arcane.

2 hours ago, Irhyo said:

3 months is what they'll need to fix railjack. We're likely to get the new war this year, but I'd expect it around September or so.

I do agree it's just a cosmetic, but some people are completionists and they want to have every item they can.

It was planned for 2019. Which means it has to be somewhere near completion. 

28 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Even if you weren't serious I can definitely see someone actually being serious about what you said. So that's why it's even funnier!

Oh, but you are not wrong. DE thinks it is serious, which is why I made that comment