Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion regarding DE deleting threads

Cerikus

I would like to suggest one thing. If you decide to delete a thread for whatever reason (which is absolutely your right), could you at least tell the person that started the thread why you removed it ? 

If it was something I said, I want to know, so my other feedback topics don't get removed.

If it was something someone else said, I should at least know that it was not my fault.

Either way I am confused why you are deleting threads anyway... If you think, that the thread is not helpful, just close it or something, but totally deleting a thread, where people criticise your in a civil way feels like a censorship 😉

P.S. I was away for a few hours. Last time a saw the thread it was completely civil and normal. I returned now and it doesn't exists. I have no idea what happened in the meantime. That's why you should let people know.

There can be many reasons for a thread removal...and while I wouldn't be against them notifying the creator of the thread automatically, if you have a question or concern over how you were handled you can contact a forum admin and ask them what happened.

Generally though DE prefers to lock threads, after cleaning them if necessary.
They remove them mostly if:
-There is unmitigated insults/attacks towards others
-There is some serious naming and shaming
-The thread is completely nonconstructive dev-bashing, or just nonconstructive complaining, such as a thread that is just "Railjack is bad!" with no feedback on why its bad or how to improve it.
-There are complaints that the forum isn't equipped to handle (account bans, in game issues with other players, things that should generally just go to support)

Sometimes a thread isn't deleted and is instead merged into an appropriate mega-thread to avoid having 30+ different conversations about the same topic which makes it hard to gather and analyze feedback.

In most circumstances a 'deleted' thread was simply hidden and locked while a moderator reviews and cleans up the thread.  Once its been reviewed and cleaned it can be unhidden, though it may remain locked depending on the contents of the thread and whether the conversation is salvageable.

In the end though if you have any questions or concerns about how your threads are being moderated then don't hesitate to contact a forum moderator to figure out what happened.

Edited by Tsukinoki
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

It didn't get deleted, it was hidden. Probably to review stuff. To be honest though, it was just a complaint thread anyway with no good feedback.

Yeah, I guess that's true, but still, just because it is "just a complaint" about something I don't agree with, it doesn't mean I should stay silent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

There can be many reasons for a thread removal...and while I wouldn't be against them notifying the creator of the thread automatically, if you have a question or concern over how you were handled you can contact a forum admin and ask them what happened.

Generally though DE prefers to lock threads, after cleaning them if necessary.
They remove them mostly if:
-There is unmitigated insults/attacks towards others
-There is some serious naming and shaming
-The thread is completely nonconstructive dev-bashing, or just nonconstructive complaining, such as a thread that is just "Railjack is bad!" with no feedback on why its bad or how to improve it.
-There are complaints that the forum isn't equipped to handle (account bans, in game issues with other players, things that should generally just go to support)

Sometimes a thread isn't deleted and is instead merged into an appropriate mega-thread to avoid having 30+ different conversations about the same topic which makes it hard to gather and analyze feedback.

In most circumstances a 'deleted' thread was simply hidden and locked while a moderator reviews and cleans up the thread.  Once its been reviewed and cleaned it can be unhidden, though it may remain locked depending on the contents of the thread and whether the conversation is salvageable.

In the end though if you have any questions or concerns about how your threads are being moderated then don't hesitate to contact a forum moderator to figure out what happened.

Thank for the info. I will wait for now and see if it gets unhidded again.

I was talking about how rng changed for the worse latelly and how I think it will kill the game soon. If there was something I said that was problematic, I hope I will find out what it was, because I obvisouly want to avoid that next time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I was talking about how rng changed for the worse latelly and how I think it will kill the game soon. If there was something I said that was problematic, I hope I will find out what it was, because I obvisouly want to avoid that next time.

Oh you should have said it sooner.

Any thread that involves into "this will kill the game" and other forms of unmitigated catastrophizing are seen by DE as not constructive.

It all comes down to how you formulate your thoughts. I suggest you try something that DE will see as less bleak and unconstructive.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Oh you should have said it sooner.

Any thread that involves into "this will kill the game" and other forms of unmitigated catastrophizing are seen by DE as not constructive.

It all comes down to how you formulate your thoughts. I suggest you try something that DE will see as less bleak and unconstructive.

But what if I am convinced, that it actually will kill the game ? 😄

4 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

That's still not constructive.

There is little evidence that Warframe is dying so the thoughts of a handful of people claiming it is don't add much.

Creating a thread about how Subject Y is not healthy for the game with included suggestions on how to rectify this is fine.
Creating a thread that boils down to "This will kill the game" or "Warframe is dying" or even worse, "Warframe is dead" is unconstructive disaster speak.

• Like 3

Anyone else remember Y2K? The Mayan Calendar?

Panic harms the IP as much or more than the thing we're panicked about.
It makes people more hesitant to invest, and works people into a lather, doing unpredictable and counter productive things.

If it sounds like you're trying to warn people that the sky is falling, then rather than lingering on what untold destruction that can cause,
we can all benefit from calmly brainstorming ways to mitigate fallout without drastic measures crowding the discussion.

It's purely speculation to predict extinction events.. and the best way to handle that concern is to put our heads together on actionable ways to make the most of it.

Here's to hoping 2020 is better for ya, OP. We all welcome ingenuity and creative feedback.
Leave the hyperbolic panic for the Youtubers.. and speaking of which, if you've been watching a lot of them, consider whether that's getting folks unnecessarily wound up.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

19 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

The problem is that its not a constructive topic.
It doesn't give DE any actual feedback.  The only thing it serves to do is to get a lot of players arguing whether waframe is dying, or if its already dead, or if its just fine and people are over-reacting.

We get so many "WARFRAME IS DYING!!!! I HAVE THE STEAM CHARTS TO PROVE IT!!!" that its just tiresome.
It doesn't provide any value at all.  It doesn't provide any actionable feedback.  It doesn't offer any improvements or comments on how to help the game.  All it does is act as a lightning rod for some negativity and conflict and FUD.

Saying "RNG will kill the game!" isn't useful.
Instead saying "Here is why RNG is becoming a problem....and here are ways to improve/fix the situation....." is much better.
One topic was just started to cause a panic, the other topic to start a discussion.
One topic was started to to provide feedback and ways to improve the game, the other topic was just a complaint for the sake of complaining.

There is a huge difference in how the idea and discussion is presented.

It sounds like you created a thread that was created to cause some panic and rile people up, instead of a thread that offers valid feedback and discussion.

• Like 1