Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus schools for each frame?

(NSW)Yaibajin

I'm planning to give each frame a representative lens. Primes get the Lua and vanillas get Eidolon.

For quick reference I'll just add this here.

latest?cb=20151226213541

Naramon-Tactics is a bit vague but going by the mods, the general theme is cause status, give the player info and lessens cool downs and start ups (like boosts your mobility or range).

So by default I confer to armour strips, skills that cause status effects. I do expect alot of overlap to occur and decide based on what each frame is mainly used for. I mean sure one can play the role of others by other frames are preferred on certain roles over others. For example, frost is mainly associated with its ability to use snow globe and defend.

Zenurik-Arcane. The mods for these are mostly augments and channeling related. Which... isn't helpful. But going by the description of the school. It seems to be the ability to crowd control. By my impression of its description. A frame that would fit this school is having the ability to make the enemy falter and essentially buy time for the frame to build up a big AOE and wipe out the enemy in one big attack. Thus different to Naramon as that has to do with mainly weakening the enemy to deal the killing blow. Zenurik is about that big bang attack at the end, and facilitating the ability to pull it off.

Its either that or DE have poorly described these schools since their vagueness has caused alot of similarities...

Unairu-defense (finally we get to something simple). Tanks. Dudes that heal, lower damage and lessen enemy dps. Technically named indomitable. For some reason Unairu can usually be seen as melee stances but that got patched out since I have not seen many of these if at all?

Vazarin-Defense... again (protectors apparently). The mods are stat mods. They beef up your energy, armour, shields and health and give you resistances to things. So... basically the same as Unairu. But for arguments sake. Going purely on each description. Unairu is described as tanking. While Vazarin is described as countering. One absorbs dmg (to survive and outlast) and the other nullifies it (supposedly to protect others). So healers go to Vazarin. Tanks go to Unairu. (omg DE you're killing me here. I'm drowning in regret as I look into this).

Madurai-Attack. crit beasts and dps lords. That guy in the party thats gonna wreck house so long as he's not defending himself or busy running away to regen shields.

So... Given all of your collective experience and knowledge which frames fit into where (and yes I acknowledge DE is not making it easy to fit into any or all into any of these). You can definitely overlap frames into several, like a first choice and second choice giving your reasons for each pick. Consider factors like their base stats as well as their abilities. Like Valkyr's freakish armour stat, or Hildryn's shields or Grendel's health and then consider their actual abilities.

e.g. If I were to put grendel somewhere. His crap shields implies he won't be in the frontline. But his health pool implies he can tank. Plus his devour just gets rid of problem units and his toxin based skills weakens most enemies if they live through the attack. So I would go, Unairu on defense missions. But Naramon in boss runs (deals with adds to apply status to the boss).

• Like 1

or just take Zenurik and have infinite energy :crylaugh: 

obvious picks for Madurai would be your straight up DPS frames: e.g. Mesa, Excalibur, Saryn.

for Vazarin, heavily armoured attack frames. e.g. Atlas, Valkyr and Wukong.

for Unairu, straight up tanks like Inaros, Nidus and Hildryn.

Zenurik would be your support and casters. e.g. Oberon, Trinity and Wisp.

Naramon would be appropriate for stealth frames. e.g. Ash, Loki and Ivara

most other frames as you stated would have overlap in 2 categories, maybe more than 2 in some cases. I personally don't really bother with Focus anymore, having most of Zenurik's skills is enough for me, and I CBA farming Eidolon Lenses for each school, for each frame (not much point really going for regular or Greater lenses nowadays). maybe if I reach a point with literally nothing else to do, but between the current Railjack Grind and whatever else is in the pipeline, it's not gonna be any time soon.

I have all schools maxed. 

A simple formula would be put zenurik on all of your frames that frequently use abilities that don't have their own energy regenerating skills.

For the rest, depends on if they're melee oriented or not. Put naramon for keeping combo on melee, or use zenurik for charge attack spam.

for non energy hogging, non melee frames, madurai to increase damage and blind, vaz for immortality and quick rez, and unairu for operator damage, and a cloak+shield.

Personally I think zenrurik's energy regen needs to be one of those skills you can unlock for use for no matter which school you use. Zenurik is the only good general use school, all others are only good for specific situations, really. 

As far as putting lenses on, skip the themes and just put a different one on different xp farm frames. Your saryns, mags, embers, rhinos, trinities, and mesas. 

Edited by Sannleikur

5 hours ago, (NSW)Yaibajin said:

I'm planning to give each frame a representative lens. Primes get the Lua and vanillas get Eidolon.

You need 100's of millions of affinity converted into focus in total.  Passive focus gain from "normal" game is extremely limited and glacially slow.  Put these two things together and you need decide on how you want to run a dedicated focus farm (when you get serious about focus).  That method will dictate which very few warframes and weapons you need a lens on.

I, for example, preferred using silence Banshee on Adaro exterminates.  I maxed all of my focus with 5 lenses total... one on banshee and one each on four different melee weapons.  Banshee's school gets way more points than the weapons but you need to purchase capacity so you use the extra there.  Funny enough you need more total points to purchase capacity than you do for maxing any school's nodes.

I do put a normal lens on most everything but simply because I have them from running bounties.  Using lua or eidolon lenses on all you stuff is a massive waste.

7 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

or just take Zenurik and have infinite energy :crylaugh: 

obvious picks for Madurai would be your straight up DPS frames: e.g. Mesa, Excalibur, Saryn.

for Vazarin, heavily armoured attack frames. e.g. Atlas, Valkyr and Wukong.

for Unairu, straight up tanks like Inaros, Nidus and Hildryn.

Zenurik would be your support and casters. e.g. Oberon, Trinity and Wisp.

Naramon would be appropriate for stealth frames. e.g. Ash, Loki and Ivara

most other frames as you stated would have overlap in 2 categories, maybe more than 2 in some cases. I personally don't really bother with Focus anymore, having most of Zenurik's skills is enough for me, and I CBA farming Eidolon Lenses for each school, for each frame (not much point really going for regular or Greater lenses nowadays). maybe if I reach a point with literally nothing else to do, but between the current Railjack Grind and whatever else is in the pipeline, it's not gonna be any time soon.

This in a nutshell.  

After having maxed out Zenurik and seeing Da Powa my Operator can unleash with all nodes active, I can't sat that I want another focus school.  

Heck, I only leveled up a few of the other schools just to unlock some passives to use with Zenurik.  😀 

Of the frames I have hands on experience with and sorta leaned with a dominant strategy on. I've also considered your input and interpretations on the ways and I mostly agree. I do acknowledge that there are many frames of certain schools that outnumber others, so I'll consider the secondary aspect of some frames and move them on to less populated schools (like I see so many Madurai and Zenurik).

Also heeding the advice. I'll save eidolon lens and lua lens for my complete favourites. Since the excess % of these things are kinda nothing when compared to the focus gain from going on a killing spree when the emblems appear and gain affinity in that time upon touching them (which I swear was something added later on when they realised the excess exp thing was dumb). Common lenses and greater lenses should suffice.

Madurai-Attack 8

Excalibur, Mesa, Saryn, Ember, Hydroid, Garuda, Chroma, Nova,

Vazarin-Protect 8

Armour as well as ability to crowd control or negate dmg.

Atlas, Valkyr, Wukong, Mag, Gara, Vauban, Volt, Octavia

Unairu-Indominatable 8

I definitely seemed to favour since I can always grab an OP weapon for dps than rely on abilities.

Frost, Hildryn, Inaros, Grendel, Nidus, Rhino, Baruuk, Limbo,

Zenurik-Arcane 8

Generally grants buffs and debuffs and has a mechanic focused ability base.

Harrow, Oberon, Trinity, Wisp, Mag, Octavia, Equinox, Gauss, Titania

Naramon-Tactic 9

stealth and status and mobility and abilities that manipulate enemies. The ones I'm adding are basicly frames viable for cheesing Razorback as well as the themes mentioned.

Ash, Loki, Ivara, Nyx, Nekros, Banshee, Khora, Mirage, Nezha

On 2020-01-07 at 1:08 AM, (NSW)Yaibajin said:

For quick reference I'll just add this here.

latest?cb=20151226213541

Naramon-Tactics is a bit vague but going by the mods, the general theme is cause status, give the player info and lessens cool downs and start ups (like boosts your mobility or range).

So by default I confer to armour strips, skills that cause status effects. I do expect alot of overlap to occur and decide based on what each frame is mainly used for. I mean sure one can play the role of others by other frames are preferred on certain roles over others. For example, frost is mainly associated with its ability to use snow globe and defend.

Zenurik-Arcane. The mods for these are mostly augments and channeling related. Which... isn't helpful. But going by the description of the school. It seems to be the ability to crowd control. By my impression of its description. A frame that would fit this school is having the ability to make the enemy falter and essentially buy time for the frame to build up a big AOE and wipe out the enemy in one big attack. Thus different to Naramon as that has to do with mainly weakening the enemy to deal the killing blow. Zenurik is about that big bang attack at the end, and facilitating the ability to pull it off.

Its either that or DE have poorly described these schools since their vagueness has caused alot of similarities...

Unairu-defense (finally we get to something simple). Tanks. Dudes that heal, lower damage and lessen enemy dps. Technically named indomitable. For some reason Unairu can usually be seen as melee stances but that got patched out since I have not seen many of these if at all?

Vazarin-Defense... again (protectors apparently). The mods are stat mods. They beef up your energy, armour, shields and health and give you resistances to things. So... basically the same as Unairu. But for arguments sake. Going purely on each description. Unairu is described as tanking. While Vazarin is described as countering. One absorbs dmg (to survive and outlast) and the other nullifies it (supposedly to protect others). So healers go to Vazarin. Tanks go to Unairu. (omg DE you're killing me here. I'm drowning in regret as I look into this).

Madurai-Attack. crit beasts and dps lords. That guy in the party thats gonna wreck house so long as he's not defending himself or busy running away to regen shields.

So... Given all of your collective experience and knowledge which frames fit into where (and yes I acknowledge DE is not making it easy to fit into any or all into any of these). You can definitely overlap frames into several, like a first choice and second choice giving your reasons for each pick. Consider factors like their base stats as well as their abilities. Like Valkyr's freakish armour stat, or Hildryn's shields or Grendel's health and then consider their actual abilities.

e.g. If I were to put grendel somewhere. His crap shields implies he won't be in the frontline. But his health pool implies he can tank. Plus his devour just gets rid of problem units and his toxin based skills weakens most enemies if they live through the attack. So I would go, Unairu on defense missions. But Naramon in boss runs (deals with adds to apply status to the boss).

putting any lens into anything u wont be able to recreate FOR EXAMPLE excalibur umbra was my worst mistake
since now when i dont need focus and i still see that focus marker on mission while playing exacl its just confusing and annoying

and my best advice is to consider what u are doing cause whats ok with u now can be annoying later

also i farmed my focus doing eidolons and made good profit on the way selling arcanes 
think about it

2 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

putting any lens into anything u wont be able to recreate FOR EXAMPLE excalibur umbra was my worst mistake
since now when i dont need focus and i still see that focus marker on mission while playing exacl its just confusing and annoying

and my best advice is to consider what u are doing cause whats ok with u now can be annoying later

also i farmed my focus doing eidolons and made good profit on the way selling arcanes 
think about it

If u fully max all the trees over time. And are just playing with lenses on your gear. You can just ignore the yellow focus spawn at that point. Or passively gather extra focus.

Who knows maybe it will be used for something later. We still don't know much about the duviri parardox.

I have 2 trees to finish maxing out.  Snd have written downbsets of my lensed frames/weapons.  Ince my trees are maxed ill just passively stock pile focus.